Cemeterys Gun Blob

Handgun Microstamping bill - Not Ammo related

Won't happen. Their orig idea where the serial number would be on the firing pin and be stamped into each primer was proven to be not possible if I recall. But of course, those arse holes wont believe that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glocks do it. But the serial number is always "1"

Microstamping is California's equivalent to our Smart Gun bill. It has been passed, but not in force yet. Not sure what the reason for that is in CA. There is only one company that holds the patents on the microstamping process. It may be that CA's legislature has not funded the bureaucracy that such a database will require, so it's on hold in the meantime. S&W and Ruger have already stated that they will not sell any more semi-autos in CA once it takes effect.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Excuse my naivete, but what happens when you have to change the firing pin?

Who knows? Ask a politician, they seem to have all the answers even though they haven't figured out the questions yet.

You must destroy the firearm and purchase a new one (with a background check). 

(I'm joking, but I bet there''s a bunch of legislators that had that thought).

I see myself working on improving my skills with a file and sandpaper instead. :sarcastic:

I see myself working on improving my skills with a file and sandpaper instead. :sarcastic:

"Your Honor, when the defendant's handgun was impounded after his supposed "defensive" shooting which resulted in a homicide, the firearms inspection unit determined that the firing pin had been illegally modified to remove the state-mandated microstamp, which is a felony violation."

• Like 1

"Your Honor, when the defendant's handgun was impounded after his supposed "defensive" shooting which resulted in a homicide, the firearms inspection unit determined that the firing pin had been illegally modified to remove the state-mandated microstamp, which is a felony violation."

LOL!!

That's good, but I was thinking along the lines of making a new one out of steel stock as opposed to modifying the original. But I guess the same issue would apply.

Old Glock guy, on 08 Jul 2016 - 2:12 PM, said:snapback.png

Excuse my naivete, but what happens when you have to change the firing pin?

Personally, as long as the gun still works 100%, I'd rather have this nonsense than the "smart gun" nonsense. ...then again, I'd rather have no nonsense than this nonsense, so I guess the point is moot. lol