montecristo345

MSAR STG-556 reviews

:shock: That is a hell of a deal.

About twenty years ago the AUG was on my short list of things to get. That was until that picklesmooching buttshark Florio dashed my hopes and made me an enemy for life. They had a notoriously heavy trigger (about 11 pounds) but the look and style easily made up for that. A friend of a friend had one back then which I did get some trigger time with. Keep in mind that I was young, stupid, and very excited. So I of course loved everything about it.

NO ONE was more excited than me when MSAR began producing their version. I'm almost ashamed to say that I still don't own one, but that is only because of financial reasons. I did handle one and it is just as robust as the original. The trigger although not great is improved. A friend who's opinion I trust called it a 100 yard gun with the factory optic. They seem to be popular with their owners but again, I cannot say for myself. So....Buy it and let me shoot it, please.

My Chrystal ball says MSAR will not survive. That is all I will say.....

Last I heard they were fishing for distribution. Stock is drying up and they are getting increasingly harder to find. None of this means anything to me, when I have the loot, I will have the arm.

i saw an MSAR at a gun show for like $950 at Ed's, but I doubt it was the new one.

the magazine issue is a big drawback for me. the interchangeable AR Mags are a big big big feature, esp in a SHTF situation.

While I don't subscribe to any SHTF fantasies, I will only buy the E4 just for being practical.

well... yes.

I would of love an Hk, but the hk mags at $50 a pop aint fun.

the MSAR just looks like sex. lol.

Exactly! Being an HK nut since jumpstreet, I know what it's like paying big coin for EVERYTHING. You see what SL7 mags are going for now? I figure that this new thought pattern in nonproprietary mags is a blessing.

Paul, you're mean.

H&K - Because you suck, and we hate you!

I don't care how nice of a product they make, I'll never give a penny to H&K. Them and their precious LEO/Mil contracts and thumbing their nose at us lowly civilians. Fuk'em.

What a shame, cause they make such nice guns too.

With HK you also have the HUGE problem of availability even with the web. Before the web getting parts and accessories was difficult to say the least. And they have always been expensive.

I am still in total shock about spending $100 for 2 P30 mags. lol.

i saw an MSAR at a gun show for like $950 at Ed's, but I doubt it was the new one.

the magazine issue is a big drawback for me. the interchangeable AR Mags are a big big big feature, esp in a SHTF situation.

While I don't subscribe to any SHTF fantasies, I will only buy the E4 just for being practical.

SHTF fantasies? I wouldn't call it a fantasy. 2 chicks at the same time is a fantasy. Something going wrong is a reality. No, back on topic.

In reality I keep going back an forth between getting the STG-556 and a Sig 556 Classic.

SIG556-Classic-Red-Dot.jpg

The Sig costs slightly more and would require some work to make it NJ legal. I'd like to have a sully stock put on one and maybe a FSC556 on the front.

I'd love to be able to shoot both somewhere and choose that way, but I haven't been able to find a store that has either for rental.