Ruger11

Bloomfield pistol permit

Anyone in Bloomfield been waiting forever for there pistol permits? Its been 3 months so far!!! Last ones took 6 months!!! Besides calling the Chief (and pi**ing him off) is there any other way to speed them up? Or anyone else to call? I thought it was a ''law'' that they had to approve or deny you in 30 days? Thanks Ruger11

In Bayville I just waited 4 months. These are about my 65-68 PP. I am a County officer and have my pink for employ in an FFL and STILL waited 4 months!!!!!!

I'm on 2.5 months at the moment in Bloomy. I've been told 3 times that my application is with the detectives bureau. And, they took 2 months to send one of my references the letter. Oddly enough, it took me about 2.5 months to get my FID and 3 permits, and I didnt think it would take longer to get just the permits.. I'd be making a bigger stink about it, but I'm kind of broke at the moment, so the delay is helping me save a few bux ;)

I called my buddy who lives in Bloomfield to see what his experience was. The BPD sent me his referral paperwork within a couple of days of his filing...then he waited for 3 months to get his PP.

Anyone in Bloomfield been waiting forever for there pistol permits? Its been 3 months so far!!! Last ones took 6 months!!! Besides calling the Chief (and pi**ing him off) is there any other way to speed them up? Or anyone else to call? I thought it was a ''law'' that they had to approve or deny you in 30 days? Thanks Ruger11

I'm the person Wojo mentioned. 3+ months for a pistol permit last year and an unbelievable 5 months to have an address change on my firearms ID card.

Filed on July 20th, still waiting. Though if past experience holds, I should be seeing them soon. I went down there and had a quick face-to-face with the detective a week ago. In the past that seemed to make the process go quicker, maybe they feel more comfortable once they see you in person.

It is 30 days by law, you could get a lawyer, or tell the PD that you will getting one. My town issued my permits in 30days, and that was with the Firearms ID card, so there is no reason it shouldn't be the same everywhere else. One of the problems could be the fact that my town has had the updated system for 2 years, while i think this nov. is the deadline for all the PD's to update. The digital system takes 1/2 the time to process applicants. So all these PD's may have waited till the last minute and there converting to the new sytem, which means they have to hold requests until they get updated. I know a friend is having this issue with his PD.

Look around the forum for the reality of "30 days by law" :)

Won't need a lawyer. Possibly a call the Firearms Investigation Unit.. but we'll see.

I know its a joke... but its still a law. The funny part is...once you have everything submitted, its not like there deterring anyone from the application process on the applicants end since it's already done, you just have to wait for them to process all the paperwork. There just prolonging the inevitable, and pissing everyone off. Best possible way to get it done if there acting retarded is to just keep calling the PD and asking for the LT. after a while he will get tired of the calls, of course i would only do this after the 30days, since by law they have to do it, they can't exactly complain about harassing the PD.

Guest megaman

I know its a joke... but its still a law. The funny part is...once you have everything submitted, its not like there deterring anyone from the application process on the applicants end since it's already done, you just have to wait for them to process all the paperwork. There just prolonging the inevitable, and pissing everyone off. Best possible way to get it done if there acting retarded is to just keep calling the PD and asking for the LT. after a while he will get tired of the calls, of course i would only do this after the 30days, since by law they have to do it, they can't exactly complain about harassing the PD.

Call 609-882-2000 (ext 6619), tell them whats going on. I am sure they will call Bloomfield. Good luck

3 Months seems a little long for pistol permits. My town takes about a month and that has been 3 times over the past couple of yesrs. My references get the letter within a week every time. My friend in Ridgefield park waits the same as me. Reference letter goes out in about a week and his permits take a month.

If you guys are waiting longer than this, most likely the paperwork is sitting on someones desk.

If you guys are waiting longer than this, most likely the paperwork is sitting on someones desk.

Yup, cops HATE paperwork. Especially extra paperwork that doesn't have to be taken care of immediatly. Shuffle Shuffle over here. Shuffle shuffle over there.

Id love to see how many coffee mug rings are on applications.

Is there any way to see if the State police and FBI processed your background checks? Because the only thing that exempts the PD from the 30 Day rule is if they don't receive the info from them, and with the new digital fingerprinting it takes about 3 weeks, not 3 months.

I'm goimg this week to get some pistol permits- I'm thinking when I turn in my paperwork to include a copy of the state law ( 30 days ), maybe call the NRA? NJ State Police? Calling and calling,bugging local PD just pissing them off- Last time I went for pistol permit I had a friend in Bloomfield who runs/is the boss/owner of a lawfirm in bloomfield for a reference, still took 6 months!! How many permits can we apply for now??

I'm goimg this week to get some pistol permits- I'm thinking when I turn in my paperwork to include a copy of the state law ( 30 days ), maybe call the NRA? NJ State Police? Calling and calling,bugging local PD just pissing them off- Last time I went for pistol permit I had a friend in Bloomfield who runs/is the boss/owner of a lawfirm in bloomfield for a reference, still took 6 months!! How many permits can we apply for now??

Do you buy handguns regularly? 1 per month or 1 every 6 months? Then there is no reason to wait for a permit.

As pointed out in another thread, if you applied every 6 months for 6 permits, you would always have a permit in hand ready to purchase. Just overlap your applications. Renew the unused ones in 90 days and turn in the unused in 180. Make the system work in your favor.

If you buy occasionally, then be prepared to wait. Providing a copy of the law will do you no good. Don't put the cart before the horse. Go on the internet and **** about the delay just like everybody else.

ETA: A female dog s a bad word? Come on.

Also, there is no limit on the number of permits that one can apply for.

As pointed out in another thread, if you applied every 6 months for 6 permits, you would always have a permit in hand ready to purchase. Just overlap your applications. Renew the unused ones in 90 days and turn in the unused in 180. Make the system work in your favor.

I think this is going to be my plan for the forseeable future

This is unacceptable, but unfortunately seems to be the norm rather than the exception these days.

Some of the forum members have been writing some of their pro 2A state representatives, but I doubt you have any in Bloomfield.

Bloomfield is Essex county, right? I believe there is a problem with the county mental health checks. Doesn't make it right but, it is what it is,

http://njgunforums.c...n-essex-county/

The records have been restored and the Bloomfield PD has references, mental health checks, and prints... Again, it's 7 months and waiting.

Hey, old post, however I also live in Bloomfield.

I put in for 1 P2P back on Jan 10th 2013 and I'm still waiting. I am also aware of the flood issue but have only followed up with BPD once in person during my wait period.

You guys in Bloomfield should organize a demonstration outside the BPD or town hall. You have the law on your side (30 days) and really nothing to lose. Should be done in all towns that are routinely way out of the 30 day law or have extra application requirements. I'd be willing to participate in any town where these abuses are taking place.