The_Matrix

Pictures of AK's

Well, after 3 years I finally picked up an Arsenal SAM7R. Bought it from a fellow forum member. Figured with tomorrow looming over all of our heads it was now or ever.

I finally got all the extra parts in and assembled:

1DCF0A15-94B8-46AE-9796-18530AFBA3AD_zps

65ACD61F-1B68-4512-9618-22052270945F_zps

Parts:

ALG AKT with High Energy Main Spring

ALG Recoil Spring

Krebs extended safety

Magpul MOE + AK grip

BFG VCAS AK sling

Attero Arms optic mount with Aimpoint T1 4moa

Troy Alpha Short bottom hand guard w/LaRue Handstop

Arson Machine Shop Alpha mount with SF P2X fury

Borrowed a buddy's pinned 15/30 mag for the photo. I only have the 2 ten rounders. Anyone have any good recommendations for reliable AK 15/30 mags?

Check out Nick over at http://www.badelementco.com for custom 15/30 magazines

• Like 1

HE - have you ever considered replacing the intermediate stock to a warsaw length version on yours?  The LOP felt awkward for me on the AK platform - way too long.  Warsaw length (like on most standard AK's) feels just right. 

I'm short too, which is why I went for it.  If you're ever around GFH you're more than welcome to try mine out to compare.  The size is very comparable to an A2 buttstock vs fixed carbine length

For mags, there's also country-spirit.com.  I believe they pin/rivet their mags just the same as badelement.  They usually have a bunch of metal mags 15/30 to choose from.  I picked up a bunch of bulgarian and croatian ones when they were on sale

• Like 1

Regarding the intermediate stock...

I'm 5'8" and really couldn't get completely comfortable with that stock on my SAM. I replaced it awhile back with a Warsaw length Polish laminate stock and its now the perfect LOP (for me at least)

81ADA361-922A-49C2-8CBA-516EF17F4E38_zps

I'm short, so I think it would be a benefit. But I want to try one before I spend the $$.

The intermediate length isn't terrible if I'm not wearing any armor and I blade my self just a bit more than usual.

And Thanks Medved! I'll check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borrowed a buddy's pinned 15/30 mag for the photo. I only have the 2 ten rounders. Anyone have any good recommendations for reliable AK 15/30 mags?

I run mostly tapco slab sides (mrgunsngear made me trust em), wich are improved over the wafle looking ones, almost exclusively, have 9 so far, with limiters from magazineblocks.com unfortuneately your limited to taking a vacation or having a free state buddy help ya out doing it legally.

i have one pmag i picked up from otomanelis (lgs) and it only has one range trip since i got it, but so far so good. in my saiga it has more wable then the tapcos, but that could be because my galil latch is fit for the slabsides. it fits the wasr fine ymmv

I have a handful of cut down wafflemags that i got from pk90, love the mags, they dont fit in pouches. like them enough to see limited range use, but i run in training what id use, so they see limited use

also have 4 pined polish i got of a forum member, havent shot them yet, didnt remeber em last time i went

Edited by SuRrEaLNJ

All magazines are NJ compliant.

post-6648-0-91494500-1481297811_thumb.jpg

Heres a few of my AKs, built the AMD63 & the Plum Bulgarian AK74.

post-6648-0-37388000-1481298011_thumb.jpg

I have a few parts kits i'm gearing up to build over the Christmas holiday.

Arabic Marked Egyptian Maadi Crutch Folder

Hungarian AK63D

Both will have pinned buttstocks.

post-6648-0-24789100-1481298142_thumb.jpg

Romanian G Parts Kit with Croatian HVO-1 Brigade Stockset from the Balkan Wars.

Also have a Yugo M72 RPK kit the wife bought me for Christmas that i cant open until Christmas :(

• Like 1

Certainly wouldn't turn one down! Not an AK but kinda stuck on a C93

C93's are cool. Steel mags, roller delayed BB is reliable, and they have a nice look to them. I've debated getting one but always end up buying something else. A roller is on my to buy list and I've been close to a PTR but .308 is not cheap and I feel like a c93 or x39 h&k would be shot more due to ammo prices.

Exactly my line of thinking

C93's are cool. Steel mags, roller delayed BB is reliable, and they have a nice look to them. I've debated getting one but always end up buying something else. A roller is on my to buy list and I've been close to a PTR but .308 is not cheap and I feel like a c93 or x39 h&k would be shot more due to ammo prices.

Looking good Frank. This is Joe from jersey/oaks gun show.

All magazines are NJ compliant.

AKs.jpg

Heres a few of my AKs, built the AMD63 & the Plum Bulgarian AK74.

partskits.jpg

I have a few parts kits i'm gearing up to build over the Christmas holiday.

Arabic Marked Egyptian Maadi Crutch Folder

Hungarian AK63D

Both will have pinned buttstocks.

partskit2.jpg

Romanian G Parts Kit with Croatian HVO-1 Brigade Stockset from the Balkan Wars.

Also have a Yugo M72 RPK kit the wife bought me for Christmas that i cant open until Christmas :(

post-7378-0-86443900-1482520840_thumb.jpg

Present AK Collection

*Norinco MAK90 Milled, DDI Hungarian AK47 Stamped, and DDI AK74 <left to right>

post-7378-0-65204300-1482520902_thumb.jpg

Recently purchased DIY Hungarian DDI Stamped AK47.

*Installed ALG AKT trigger

*New Polish WBM furniture kit Gen 2 - purchased from Arms of America

*Bulgarian sling

post-7378-0-25299700-1482521322_thumb.jpg

White Testors paint added for color fill to the iron sights.

post-7378-0-72016600-1482521427_thumb.jpg

Hungarian lower handguard retainer. Notice the extra hole next to the cleaning rod (no clue as to its purpose). The retainer is much shorter in height compared to other lower handguard retainers.

Both DDI rifles were purchased as a fully assembled parts kit build. I don't plan on buying any of the American built ones they have on the market until more positive reviews are posted.

** As always, thanks to Steve from Monmouth Arms for handling the transfer.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifAK Collection.JPG

Present AK Collection

*Norinco MAK90 Milled, DDI Hungarian AK47 Stamped, and DDI AK74 <left to right>

attachicon.gifDDI AK47 Stamped .JPG

Recently purchased DIY Hungarian DDI Stamped AK47.

*Installed ALG AKT trigger

*New Polish WBM furniture kit Gen 2 - purchased from Arms of America

*Bulgarian sling

attachicon.gifIron Sights.JPG

White Testors paint added for color fill to the iron sights.

attachicon.gifHungarian Lower Handguard Retainer.JPG

Hungarian lower handguard retainer. Notice the extra hole next to the cleaning rod (no clue as to its purpose). The retainer is much shorter in height compared to other lower handguard retainers.

Both DDI rifles were purchased as a fully assembled parts kit build. I don't plan on buying any of the American built ones they have on the market until more positive reviews are posted.

** As always, thanks to Steve from Monmouth Arms for handling the transfer.

Did the ALG trigger drop right in or did you have to do some fitting? I have the same rifle and was thinking of switching up the trigger. Did your original G2 cause any bolt hang ups when hand cycling? Any hang ups with the new trigger?