Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

Well, I finally got my permits yesterday.  Two months and 26 days later.  My duplicate FPID is cut crooked.  What's really bothering me is my P2P's were printed fucking 9 days ago.  How the hell does anything take 9 days to travel from Trenton to Clinton?  

I hate this state.

Took me 2.5 months when I got my initial FPID - Thank God the address, DOB, marks, etc, matched, one letter is wrong on my last name however (trust me it wasnt misspelled on the application or my Drivers license that they took) - I was so excited to get my ID and permits that I didn't notice it till I left -

Hasn't been an issue but one of those stupid things that bothers me - like the person that was typing the name couldn't double check the work?

Took me 2.5 months when I got my initial FPID - Thank God the address, DOB, marks, etc, matched, one letter is wrong on my last name however (trust me it wasnt misspelled on the application or my Drivers license that they took) - I was so excited to get my ID and permits that I didn't notice it till I left -

Hasn't been an issue but one of those stupid things that bothers me - like the person that was typing the name couldn't double check the work?

Maybe once you've bought what guns you want and won't be buying more for a few months.. and have a stock pile of handgun ammo... you can get that fixed.  It would suck if you got a NICs check or the FFL refused to sell because the name didn't match your other ID.

When I picked mine up at the PD that prepared it, the clerk had me check the info on it before I signed it and I think before I put my fingerprint on it.  Pretty sure I did the fingerprint when I picked it up.  If it went through Trenton, maybe the timing on that stuff is different.

Maybe once you've bought what guns you want and won't be buying more for a few months.. and have a stock pile of handgun ammo... you can get that fixed.  It would suck if you got a NICs check or the FFL refused to sell because the name didn't match your other ID.

When I picked mine up at the PD that prepared it, the clerk had me check the info on it before I signed it and I think before I put my fingerprint on it.  Pretty sure I did the fingerprint when I picked it up.  If it went through Trenton, maybe the timing on that stuff is different.

You're absolutely right - it hasn't been an issue to date (knock on wood) like I said its literally one letter in the middle of my ridiculously hard to pronounce and non-common Czech last name, address, DOB, height, weight, etc all fine, but will probably get it changed in the future - after I get my next couple p2p's picked up I'll tell the officer and probably have to drop both forms off again in order to change it. 

You only surrender the replacement card when the new one arrives, right?  As long as I can purchase as usual in the meantime, I'm ok with that.  Again, probably my mistake - just one of those things that has been bothering me.

Red Lion NJSP. Dropped off app late March 2015. Prints taken early April. FID and PP issued Aug 5th. Got no call from them and after multiple calls to them by me (and getting blown off), I went there in person in early Oct. Found out FID and PP were sitting in their filing cabinet for 2 months so I basically only had a month left to use PP. Got busy at work and didn't get a chance to get to gun shop that is an hour drive from my house so I went back to barracks the day the PP expired for an extension. They took it from me and sent it back to Trenton (I thought they'd sign and extend it right then and there). That was Nov 5th. No call yet.... I will pay them a visit this week. Going on 8 months for this process.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That is just disgusting

You're absolutely right - it hasn't been an issue to date (knock on wood) like I said its literally one letter in the middle of my ridiculously hard to pronounce and non-common Czech last name, address, DOB, height, weight, etc all fine, but will probably get it changed in the future - after I get my next couple p2p's picked up I'll tell the officer and probably have to drop both forms off again in order to change it. 

You only surrender the replacement card when the new one arrives, right?  As long as I can purchase as usual in the meantime, I'm ok with that.  Again, probably my mistake - just one of those things that has been bothering me.

From what I've seen here, most PDs take the card.  Although there are some people who have said they were able to hold onto theirs while a new one was in the works.  Hard to say.

Just an update as I talked to head of Licensing today at the PD, same officer who issued my initial FPID and permits 3 years ago - told him that my last name was mis-spelled by a letter on my FPID and he told me no problem at all, he would just type up a new one and give it to the Chief to sign and I should have it back in a day or two - he told me only when you are actually changing the name by marriage or legal changes, or change of address would I have to wait the few months for the new one but since this is just an error in their typing they will turn it around in a couple days max - told him I'm taking a course at a range in a few weeks and he said nothing to worry about I'd have it back way before then

Thanks to all who helped, at the end of the day just call your local PD and be nice haha!

Middletown Police Department

5/13- Filled out initial FID and 1 permit (yes I know only one take it easy)

5/21- Got fingerprints done with IdentoGO by Morphotrust

5/23- References received and sent back letter to my PD

5/24- Went into PD and followed up with copy of my finger prints receipt because I wasn't sure if I had to bring them back. I read somewhere on here that you have to however with my police department you don't. The women at the desk told me I did not have to bring the receipt in however she took my papers and made a copy for their records.

6/7- Called the records department in Middletown PD and kindly asked for an update on my application. The women was very nice and more than happy to check my status. She told me that they had recieved all my paper work a couple days ago and that they are processing them at the moment. I am hopeful that they will be done soon. A couple of my buddies have told me that my PD is fairly quick so my fingers are crossed!!

Hardyston Township (Hamburg)

4/16 - Applied for 4 permits

5/24 - All paperwork received (one reference misplaced the form and HR was slow to return employment verification)

6/15 - Permits ready

It took 2 months but could have possibly been one month if it weren't for the delays on "my" side.  My initial with 5 permits took 2 months also.

5/24- Went into PD and followed up with copy of my finger prints receipt because I wasn't sure if I had to bring them back. I read somewhere on here that you have to however with my police department you don't. The women at the desk told me I did not have to bring the receipt in however she took my papers and made a copy for their records.

6/7- Called the records department in Middletown PD and kindly asked for an update on my application. The women was very nice and more than happy to check my status. She told me that they had recieved all my paper work a couple days ago and that they are processing them at the moment. I am hopeful that they will be done soon. A couple of my buddies have told me that my PD is fairly quick so my fingers are crossed!!

Couldn't help myself and got the itch to call again on 6/14. Papers are on desk ready to be processed but the women is on vacation....Trying to be patient

Manalapan Township

A friend's timetable as of 19 June 2016:

* First time FIF & 2 P2P's

* All paper work and finger prints competed

* Processing Officer:  Lt Drucker, retired. Works 2-3 days a week

8 Months and a couple weeks ... still waiting after several calls to Lt Drucker

August 8th, 2016 ... Still Waiting!

Delran....met with the Sgt. 1st time April 28th to start the process. Fingerprints May 5 (that was their 1st available day where the available times worked for me). Took receipt from fingerprints to the PD to show that I had done it (the officer suggested I do that...makes things go quicker). Reference letters seemed to go out right away because my references had them a couple days later. FID and 3 permits picked up June 8th. Would have been quicker but 1 of my references didn't send back his letter for 2 weeks. So about 6 weeks start to finish, could have been 4'ish. Suprisingly smooth.

4/14 Applied for P2P's in Wall Twp. Filled out an EXTRA applicant questionnaire because it is de facto required if you want to see your permits in a year

6/29 Finally get a voicemail: officer assigned to my "firearm investigation" wants more details on my two brothers' arrests. I don't believe this s***. They provided a small line to write on I couldn't fit it all. They really want to know about a DWI arrest in 2012 and a dismissed drug possession charge in 2015 by people who aren't the applicant. I'll try to get this chooch on the phone tomorrow morning. Anyone heard of permits being denied for immediate family members having a DWI or dismissed 1st-time-offense drug charges?

Couldn't help myself and got the itch to call again on 6/14. Papers are on desk ready to be processed but the women is on vacation....Trying to be patient

Well after giving another call to my PD on 6/27 and getting the same answer I decided to call a buddy of mine that works for the department. He checked in on it for me and told me it would at least be another month or so (didn't get into details why) but to keep calling and see if it'll get them to budge. 

On 6/29 I decided to skip the calling and instead I emailed the mayor and chief of police about my application.

Today 6/30 I received an email from the chief stating that he "checked the status of my application and it was completed and approved. You should be contacted by the Police Records Bureau shortly regarding same."

Very glad I sent those emails.

Delran....met with the Sgt. 1st time April 28th to start the process. Fingerprints May 5 (that was their 1st available day where the available times worked for me). Took receipt from fingerprints to the PD to show that I had done it (the officer suggested I do that...makes things go quicker). Reference letters seemed to go out right away because my references had them a couple days later. FID and 3 permits picked up June 8th. Would have been quicker but 1 of my references didn't send back his letter for 2 weeks. So about 6 weeks start to finish, could have been 4'ish. Suprisingly smooth.

Thats interesting.

They called my references. 

A happy tale for once...

I submitted the forms for 3 pistol permits to NJSP at the Augusta Barracks on June 13 I had already done the online background check and I got a call from Sgt. Hollar when he got my forms - he's a good guy.

Permits were dated July 12 and I had them in hand on July 15 so EO180 does seem to have had at least one good impact.

I recently moved to Spring Lake Heights, so I put in my paperwork to have my FID address updated.  I had to fill out an STS-033 (the same form you fill out when initially applying for an FID card), along with 2 mental health consent forms, perform the online background check ($20) and stamp two envelopes for the PD to mail out reference papers.  I submitted all of this paper work Wed. July 27th in the evening after work, around 6PM, so for all intents and purposes we'll say I submitted it all on Thurs. July 28th.  Start the clock....

I search high and low and couldn't find ANYONE who posted online how long it took for their FID or P2P to come back from Spring Lake (boro OR heights).  So let me be the first to explain how the process goes for me.

Englewood Cliffs, NJ

No additional paperwork required, but this department feels no need to process applications in a timely manner. Here's my timeline:

- November 2013: Decided to get an FPID. Filled out the application and mental health check form and dropped them off with the bored looking cop at the front desk at the station.

- November 2014: Walked by the station when suddenly I vaguely remembered dropping off an application of some sort last year. Inquire with the department and the detective responsible for issuing FPIDs claims never to have received any applications within the last 5 years. At this point, I was considering whether or not to take a job offer in Dallas so I didn't bother following up.

- February 2015: Turned down the Dallas offer, so I begin the process all over again. No interview per say, but when signing off on the application, detective did ask what purpose of application was for. Got fingerprinted and all my necessary paperwork was completed on the last day of February and sent out.

- September 2015: After months of follow up emails and calls, FPID and pistol permit issued.

2nd Pistol Permit

- November 2015: Paperwork submitted. References are actually sent a letter this time.

- March 2016: Permit issued.

3rd and 4th Pistol Permits

- May 2016: Paperwork submitted. Still waiting as of 8/14/2016.

New member here. I wanted to contribute to the survey.

Paramus Police Dpt:

-Applied on June 17 for initial FID + P2P (standard paperwork - record dpt - extremely professional and polite)

-Dropped off fingerprints on June 24th

-They sent out the referral letters the following week

-Picked up the FID + P2P late this afternoon Sept 9th

I had followed up with a couple of phone calls in August and they had told me they were waiting on the paperwork to come back from the county.

My overall experience - A++++++.  I know it was over 2 months but the detectives I dealt with were the most courteous, polite and encouraging guys you could meet.  Wasn't a big deal to wait this long.  They were trying to process a lot of these apps as fast as they could.  They don't want to upset the residents. 

Moral of the story - you should all move to Paramus lol

Be Safe!

Just want to update my latest round of permits - Bridgewater (my town) and Robert Hanlon have been doing excellent lately!

Dropped off 1 permit that had expiration date of 8/29 on that same day, with 2 forms for 2 more pistol permits - Mr. Hanlon was out to lunch, left my cell if he needed me for anything - I did not know if he'd call me for the extended one first or all together -

Got a call 2 and a half weeks later from him that all permits were ready to be picked up, 2 new permits dated 9/12 and my one with extension now good till 11/27 I believe -

I know a lot of towns have a lot of BS going on now, and I know that Mr. Hanlon is probably busier than ever considering the upcoming election, but great job to him and great job to my Bridgewater PD - glad paying my taxes on time has helped me with something LOL

Just want to update my latest round of permits - Bridgewater (my town) and Robert Hanlon have been doing excellent lately!

Dropped off 1 permit that had expiration date of 8/29 on that same day, with 2 forms for 2 more pistol permits - Mr. Hanlon was out to lunch, left my cell if he needed me for anything - I did not know if he'd call me for the extended one first or all together -

Got a call 2 and a half weeks from him that all permits were ready to be picked up, 2 new permits dated 9/12 and my one with extension now good till 11/27 I believe -

I know a lot of towns have a lot of BS going on now, and I know that Mr. Hanlon is probably busier than ever considering the upcoming election, but great job to him and great job to my Bridgewater PD - glad paying my taxes on time has helped me with something LOL

So glad I'm moving to Bridgewater next year.

• Like 2

Just want to update my latest round of permits - Bridgewater (my town) and Robert Hanlon have been doing excellent lately ... but great job to him and great job to my Bridgewater PD - glad paying my taxes on time has helped me with something LOL

I know Rob, he's a good guy!

I recently moved to Spring Lake Heights, so I put in my paperwork to have my FID address updated.  I had to fill out an STS-033 (the same form you fill out when initially applying for an FID card), along with 2 mental health consent forms, perform the online background check ($20) and stamp two envelopes for the PD to mail out reference papers.  I submitted all of this paper work Wed. July 27th in the evening after work, around 6PM, so for all intents and purposes we'll say I submitted it all on Thurs. July 28th.  Start the clock....

I search high and low and couldn't find ANYONE who posted online how long it took for their FID or P2P to come back from Spring Lake (boro OR heights).  So let me be the first to explain how the process goes for me.

Just to follow up on this, about 3 weeks later I received a call from the Spring Lake Heights PD stating that they never received one of my reference letters back.  I reached out and he said that he never got it, so it must have gotten lost in the mail.  Spring Lake PD, without any hesitation, sent out another copy the next day, and two days later my reference received the letter and promptly sent it back.

Fast forward to Sept. and I received the call that my FID card was ready for pickup on 24th.  I went to pick them up and the detective apologized saying, "sorry these took so long, usually it's much quicker than this but I just got busy this month".  With that being said, I told him that it was totally fine, considering Brick took 3 months, and that was with no delays.

He then asked me, "no permits?", I said, "no, I just wanted to update my address since I moved and updated my license, this way all of my addresses match".  The detective chuckled and said, "oh, okay.... no big deal.  When you do want some permits, just stop in!".  What a different experience compared to Brick, it's like night and day.  Brick PD was very off-putting, almost as though they wanted to do everything they could to deter me from persisting and going through with the process, compared to Spring Lake Heights who were supportive of the process.