jcerillo70

Monmouth County Rifle & Pistol Club ???

So as the myth pertains...

There is a place called Monmouth County Rifle & Pistol Club, That i have not heard one person talk about on here. My old history teacher talked about it in high school and it just popped into my head tonight. It's right in Farmingdale which is like 5 mins from me.

Anyone ever go there or are currently a member?

It is in Farmingdale, right next to the airport. At this time you still have to almost cross the runway, but the new driveway just off of Birdsall Rd. The pin is in the correct place on the NJGunMap.

The club has three pistol ranges, a 50/100yd rifle range, not much else.

However, we do have an active schedule of activities:

Event Schedule

It is largely older men, but there are a number of younger members, and there is very little hassle factor. There are no range officers in control, and no timed target changes, so you end up getting more shooting done per hour than at Cherry Ridge.

The cost is $100/yr, which is pretty nice. Family and friends are free, as many times as you'd like to bring them. I myself attended many events as a guest, probably 20 events, and then I finally joined. The high power rifle (a lower key event), bowling pins and trap events are my favorites.

There is no running water, and only a portapotty.

Again, nothing fancy, but a very cheap 100yd range with almost no hassle. Except for during events you are likely to be there by yourself or with only one or two other people. I've never waited for a range, in fact I've rarely shared a range.

-Dave

Can I blast away at my water filled recycables there? Pissed that I cant do that at CJRPC anymore without hanging them up on there high powered range. Stupid rule!!!

The range rules are on the website.

MCRPC Range Rules

Seems like nothing is preventing it, as long as you put it around 2' up the berm and clean up.

MCRPC Range Rules

Seems like nothing is preventing it, as long as you put it around 2' up the berm and clean up.

Ok good. I always clean up..Just hate wasting thousands of dollars on weapons and ammo and only shoot at a piece of paper. Gets boring.

MCRPC Range Rules

I just read on the application that a new member must attend 4 regular meetings in order to become a regular member, are they strict about that requirement?

I just read on the application that a new member must attend 4 regular meetings in order to become a regular member, are they strict about that requirement?

Interesting. I've been a member about 2 years, and have been to 2 meetings. The first was when I was a prospect, and I attended the meeting when I got voted in (you have to attend that one). There was no personal questioning, etc, they just voted the 10+ of us in as members en masse.

I attended another meeting several months later, and haven't attended one since. There are say 500 members of the club. Around 50 use the range a lot, attend many of the events, compete, etc. Another 50 seem to go to all the membership meetings. Around 20 of those groups overlap. The meeting was boring, and mostly consisted of old men complaining about various internet rumors of gun control which had been long since debunked. So, I've only been to two, and don't forsee attending anymore in the near future.

And yet, I've got my permanent membership. Since I'm a guy who goes to the range regularly, and am a regular competitor in a few disciplines they all know who I am, but I really don't think they hold people to the 4 meetings thing. I think they mostly want your $100, and if you attend a few events they'd be pretty happy.

By the way, I was at the range on Saturday shooting. Had the 100yd range to ourselves for 2 hours, and then moved over to a private pistol pit. There was one other guy with his son on another pistol range, and when we left the rifle range another guy came and shot for a while, but it's nice to have your own private range...

Interesting. I've been a member about 2 years, and have been to 2 meetings. The first was when I was a prospect, and I attended the meeting when I got voted in (you have to attend that one). There was no personal questioning, etc, they just voted the 10+ of us in as members en masse.

I attended another meeting several months later, and haven't attended one since. There are say 500 members of the club. Around 50 use the range a lot, attend many of the events, compete, etc. Another 50 seem to go to all the membership meetings. Around 20 of those groups overlap. The meeting was boring, and mostly consisted of old men complaining about various internet rumors of gun control which had been long since debunked. So, I've only been to two, and don't forsee attending anymore in the near future.

And yet, I've got my permanent membership. Since I'm a guy who goes to the range regularly, and am a regular competitor in a few disciplines they all know who I am, but I really don't think they hold people to the 4 meetings thing. I think they mostly want your $100, and if you attend a few events they'd be pretty happy.

By the way, I was at the range on Saturday shooting. Had the 100yd range to ourselves for 2 hours, and then moved over to a private pistol pit. There was one other guy with his son on another pistol range, and when we left the rifle range another guy came and shot for a while, but it's nice to have your own private range...

Thanks, i sent in the app maybe we'll bump into each other sometime