njluger

Where can I get NJ Compliant 15 round mags for my...?

Figured we see this question enough, it should/could be a sticky! There are a lot of great semi-autos out there that simply do not come standard with NJ compliant (15 rounds or less) magazines, especially if you're looking at 9mm. Luckily, there are some alternatives there, even if it requires a neutered mag). Hopefully this table will help. Please add to this list as you come across good NJ Compliant mags for your pistol!

Beretta PX4 Storm FS, 9x19mm

• Stock: 17 rounds
  • NJ Compliant: 15 rounds (model JM4PX915)
  • Beretta USA

CZ 75B, 9x19mm

CZ P-07, 9x19mm

FN 5.8, 5.7x28mm

• Stock: 20 rounds
  • NJ Compliant: 10 rounds (model 3866100320)

FNH FNP-9, 9x19mm

• Stock: 16 rounds
  • NJ Compliant: 10 rounds (model 47104)

Glock 17, 9x19mm

• Stock: 17 rounds
  • NJ Compliant: 10 rounds

Sig Sauer 228/229, 9x19mm

Smith & Wesson M&P, 9x19mm

Springfield XD, 9x19mm

Edited by njluger

The Springfield xd9 is 16 round but I have found Springfield 15 rounders for it. Mine came with two 10 round mags thanks to the wonderful garden state.

Actually you can thank NY and cali for the 10rounders, we just get suckered into the 10rd mags when companies dont make 15.

The Springfield xd9 is 16 round but I have found Springfield 15 rounders for it. Mine came with two 10 round mags thanks to the wonderful garden state.

I heard that Springfield used to sell the XD9 with 15 round mags and then redesigned the followers to bump up the capacity to 16 rounds. Do you know if you can still get 15 rounders from Springfield?

not sure if this is the sort of info you want here, and if it isn't feel free to delete my comment, BUT:

the Sig 229 in 9 comes with Sig 13 round mags. TopGun (and others) sell Mec-Gar mags at 15 rounds for them

15 round 228/229 mags, $22.00

I have several and they work perfectly in my 229

Best

G

I heard that Springfield used to sell the XD9 with 15 round mags and then redesigned the followers to bump up the capacity to 16 rounds. Do you know if you can still get 15 rounders from Springfield?

I found 15 round Springfield mags at the NJFAG...I bought two one for my friend and one for me...wish I had purchased more...not sure if they still have them...haven't been down to NJFAG in a while

Good info. Thanks for pinning it. Interesting that NJ arbitrarily set our mag limit at 15, considering that 16 and 17 rounds are the standard size for so many companies. Anyone know how they arrived at that number?

Just a guess, but in 1993 (if this was part of the AWB) or 1966 (when a lot of the firearms statutes were formulated), there weren't many handguns with capacities of more than 15 rounds. The Browning Hi-Power used to be king and the S&W 59 was the second hi-cap 9mm from a well-known maker. I believe they were both 15 rounds + 1 in the chamber. Memory's not what it used to be, so this could be totally bogus, but the gist is that there weren't that many guns around that excedded 15 rd capacity.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

S&W sells 15 round mags for the M&P (part # 39498 for 9mm) but they are not listed on the site. G&R tactical sells them too, but they were on back order for nearly 2 months. I inquired a few times and they acted like it was S&W's fault and they couldn't give me any idea when they might come in but I should just wait. It seemed like they were annoyed that I was inquiring. I called S&W And they had em in stock so I cancelled G&R just on principal.

S&W sells 15 round mags for the M&P (part # 39498 for 9mm) but they are not listed on the site. G&R tactical sells them too, but they were on back order for nearly 2 months. I inquired a few times and they acted like it was S&W's fault and they couldn't give me any idea when they might come in but I should just wait. It seemed like they were annoyed that I was inquiring. I called S&W And they had em in stock so I cancelled G&R just on principal.

Price from S&W?