njluger

Where can I get NJ Compliant 15 round mags for my...?

I stopped by the shop Cheyenne Mountain Outfitters in Robbinsville. They have the 15-round 9mm mags for the S&W M&P for $36.99. Expensive compared to some of the other sites, but I figure it'd be worth it being that not many retailers have them.

I'm not sure of how much they have left. But Figure I'd spread the word.

Just got off the phone with Smith and Wesson and they have the 15 round magazines in stock directly from them. Price was $41 a piece, but since I ordered 5 they knocked it down to $31 a piece with $8.50 shipping. Same 39498 part number.

Just got off the phone with Smith and Wesson and they have the 15 round magazines in stock directly from them. Price was $41 a piece, but since I ordered 5 they knocked it down to $31 a piece with $8.50 shipping. Same 39498 part number.

Damn - that's not half bad. S&W does have some great CS when you take the time to call.

What about getting mags pinned? Does anyone local do this? I'm looking to get a few 17 rd m&p mags pinned to 15.

At this point, you're probably better off purchasing them as-built to 15 rounds with CO under the 15 round capacity.  I purchased my M&P in 40S&W for this reason. IMO you'd probably have an easier time getting the 40 S&W barrel and 40S&W/357 sig 15 round magazines, not that I would recommend it though.  Let me know if you found 9mm 15 rounders anywhere!

FNX-45 (comes out right when I not holding down the shift).

Yeah I thought it was odd when my order was denied online so I called and the CS rep said it's against NJ law.

I told her it wasn't but didn't see any reason to carry on since she had no authority to OK it anyway.

When I went to check out it brought me to a screen with only that item listed and said "cannot ship to NJ" or something like that.

It did have the option of shipping to an out of state address but I just cancelled the whole order - their loss.

I think I will shoot out a crank email jrfly.

I need mags for some of my shooters, but I'm reluctant to buy them; because I would like to get 15 rounders, but I would hate to be stuck with them if we get that 10 round thing shoved down our throats.

i see what your saying but they are legal now i would buy now no problem. A year ago i hand a ffl try to tell me to just get 10 rd mags with a new purchase instead of him pinning 15 rd mags. I left and went elsewhere. If it was my choice buy 15rd mags now. i just ordered more the past few weeks for a few guns. Wont regret it either.

the ffls reasoning was o well were gunna have a 10 rd limit soon so dont bother pinning them just get 10 rd mags.

Well yes, that's the other way of looking at it.  Get the 15 rounders now while we can, and just hold onto them.

I've been in classes where some of the other participants have had super-sized mags.  In all likelihood, nothing will ever happen to them.  

But I'm unwilling to take the chance of a felony arrest and all the loss of rights that go with it, even if there is no prison time.  

BTW, in case anyone from NSA or any other government agency is reading, I have no idea who those people were, and it's so long ago that I really can't remember any more about it.

Well yes, that's the other way of looking at it.  Get the 15 rounders now while we can, and just hold onto them.

I've been in classes where some of the other participants have had super-sized mags.  In all likelihood, nothing will ever happen to them.  

But I'm unwilling to take the chance of a felony arrest and all the loss of rights that go with it, even if there is no prison time.  

BTW, in case anyone from NSA or any other government agency is reading, I have no idea who those people were, and it's so long ago that I really can't remember any more about it.

yea and it might have been out of state classes also not really sure if you remember as it is all one big blur.

but anyway just giving up and buying 15 rd mags is telling them they are winning. i mean continue to fight. go down kicking and screaming. all buying 10 rd mags now does is shows you give up.