Sign in to follow this  
gizmo

Has anyone experienced appling for FPID with RIDGEFIELD PD?

looking to find out some information about the firearms purchaser id card application process (waiting time, any extra forms to fill out, etc)? anyone have any good experiences? i will be handing in my application and just want to know what i should be expecting. thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By dman2112
      Hello all,
      Some opinions please.  I am a long time NJ resident and also a resident in SC.  I spend 8 months out of the year in NJ out of necessity.  When I leave NJ I carry everywhere as I have multiple CWP's.  I have purchased many pistols legally in NJ over the years.
      I was thinking about getting some new permits to pee...(my term for the Pistol Permit) but with all the BS that had been going on I was thinking about refraining.
      I also have completed all the NJ CWP permit applications, but I am not sure I am actually going to apply.  I don't need to put up with the NJ BS.  To me it's insulting.  Plus with all the restrictions coming and being tied up in the courts for probably years, it may be just a futile exercise.   I would rather just leave when my house is build in SC and buy it there.  Once I switch my license to SC, its cash and carry for me.
      I have the old, non-expiring FID.  What I do not want to happen is if I go apply for new permits to pee, that my FID gets converted to an expiring one and then I have to pay a renewal fee.   
      I did read the new regs and it looks like they are grandfathering old FID folks to the non expiring one but this is NJ...what is written in law is usually ignored by the class warfare system we have here and the horrible mentality and attitude of some of these LEO's and NJSP officers that think their personal bias is important and the sneers you get when you go pay the $2.
      Am I being paranoid?
    • By salvatorejrc
      I just got my FID for long guns, although I don't know anything about guns or ammo. What is a good gun to get my hands on that will help me learn more but won't break the bank, at the same time being ideal at home defense?
    • By salvatorejrc
      Hello,
      I have two questions regarding FID application. So I have seen three psychiatrists for ADD, and while I know this is not a disqualifying factor, I do not know the exact dates or years that I attended, and mind you that I am currently 20 and attended from ages around 7 to 17 or 18. This is a problem because the application asks this, and then asks for the names and dates of such occurences. Is it okay if I state that I do not know the dates of such occurences, or if I give the date estimations of which (I do know the names)? 
      My second question is regarding references. I do not know any police officers well enough to be able to ask them to use them for my FID, so will two friends that I grew up with do just fine? Thank you.
    • By Decastro458
      Hello, new owner of a handgun in NJ. Had a question for all of you experts out there! I keep seeing all these different things online so I have an suv so the trunk area is accessible to the back seat area. From my understanding, it needs to be locked in a case and its fine to be in the trunk of my suv? Also my other question.. the ammo.. that needs to be in a separate case? Does it need to have a lock on it or can it just be a bag with a zipper?
    • By Nucrunner
      After reading so many references to the new FARS application and registration system, I stopped by my local PD to check it out. I believe it’s worth mentioning that not all PD’s are currently using the new system. So, before paying any fee’s or signing on to FARS you should check which system your PD is using.
      Sorry if this info is redundant to another post, again thought it was worth noting as all fees are non-refundable
      Firearms Application & Registration System (FARS)
      The State of New Jersey is now accepting firearms applications for Firearms Purchaser Identification Cards and Pistol Purchase Permits electronically. 
      The following Web site will allow an applicant to apply for Initial and Duplicate Firearms Purchaser Identification Cards and Permits to Purchase a Handgun: 
      https://njportal.com/NJSP/FARS
      If you reside in a New Jersey State Police covered area and are certain which NJSP Station you are applying through, utilize the following ORI #’s to apply.  If you are not certain, contact the NJSP station to obtain the proper ORI before applying.  All fees are non-refundable.