Maksim

Shot Show 2012 - Just Epic!

Also... Bullets....

I think Jon and I found a great source for bullets... Xtreme Plated bullets, got some samples will be loading up and shooting. Case pricing... alot cheaper over Precision Delta and Montana Gold, as they are plated, but are fairly thick plated, perfectly fine for major power factor.

Surprising trend... this year, in the large bore calibers, seeing alot more 50 bmg chambered guns over 338 lapua, etc.

TJ Conevera sells Xtreme for $83 per 1000. Precision Delta is $79 per 1000. Xtreme are more expensive than Precision Delta! I will not be buying Xtreme bullets!

Just looked them up. The cost of 124gr FN @ 3750 round would be $277 as opposed to $325 for MG. That's $50. Although shipping wasn't included in the xtreme bullets $$. I thought MG has shipping included. I will order 500 rounds of Xtreme cauuse if you buy in 500 round increment or 100, the price is the same.

as far as I can tell, thebulletworks.net is selling plated xtreme bullets. Regardless, they are good, and shipping is the USPS flat rate price of $14 every 2k for 180gr .40. Works out to about $107 per k (shipped, in 2k quantities) for .40 and I have been happy with them. PD is $115 per k (shipped in 2k quantities).

TJ Conevera sells Xtreme for $83 per 1000. Precision Delta is $79 per 1000. Xtreme are more expensive than Precision Delta! I will not be buying Xtreme bullets!

plated often can not be worth it in .40 and .45 depending on utility prices and metals prices. I don't think I've ever seen 9mm plated for a great price. Also, TJconvera is part of hte probelm. from x-treme directly, 124 9mm is $74 per k and 3k per USPS flat rate box. So in theory somewhere around $79 per k shipped in 3k quantities. which breaks even with precision delta. Which is often what I ahve seen for 9 when plated is reasonably priced.

Sorry for lack of updates. Today was full day at range and the appropriate going out in vegas. Will have updates soon when I have some time. 1 am vegas time, and getting back up at 7 am to go back to show. will try to get some updates tomorrow from the media room.

Speaking of let downs... Mag Pul... you know, the 15 round mags. In short, spoken by a Magpul rep, so take it for what it's worth, this is not the decision maker, but "Magpul has more important stuff going on than 15 round magazines, and will get around to releasing them when we can."

Yea iPhone 4 cases. :facepalm:

Maks I know it's on your list, but just a friendly reminder... Please ask S&W to submit a PPQ to USPSA. Thank you sir. :D

as far as I can tell, thebulletworks.net is selling plated xtreme bullets. Regardless, they are good, and shipping is the USPS flat rate price of $14 every 2k for 180gr .40. Works out to about $107 per k (shipped, in 2k quantities) for .40 and I have been happy with them. PD is $115 per k (shipped in 2k quantities).

plated often can not be worth it in .40 and .45 depending on utility prices and metals prices. I don't think I've ever seen 9mm plated for a great price. Also, TJconvera is part of hte probelm. from x-treme directly, 124 9mm is $74 per k and 3k per USPS flat rate box. So in theory somewhere around $79 per k shipped in 3k quantities. which breaks even with precision delta. Which is often what I ahve seen for 9 when plated is reasonably priced.

If the break even point was identical I would buy the FMJ bullets anyday over plated. Even if Precision cost $5 more per 1,000 I would still buy FMJ Precision.

Just looked them up. The cost of 124gr FN @ 3750 round would be $277 as opposed to $325 for MG. That's $50. Although shipping wasn't included in the xtreme bullets $$. I thought MG has shipping included. I will order 500 rounds of Xtreme cauuse if you buy in 500 round increment or 100, the price is the same.

Bryan, cost would be less. =) Those are retail prices.

I agree for inside $20 I would go with MG cmj's or something. I like the MG bullets. I am gonna try some stuff out and see what happens. Ordered some bullets today, gonna order some xtreme and maybe PD bullets. see what happens.

Ok, so extra follow up requests....

Sig 938, really really nice gun. Will throw up some pics in a bit. Essentially, it is indentical to the P238, in all manners, except the barrel is about half inch longer, thus increasing its profile.

Sig 938 > Sig 224.

FNH - New barrel options (not legal for nj) for FN Scar. new handguns, FNS, really really sweet guns. Imagine a 1911 ergonomic grip angle, with a frame mounted safety that works, totally ambidextrous gun, striker fired with a really nice factory trigger with no mush, and a nice short reset.

Speaking of reset... just about every gun at shot show, has as short of a reset as the Walther PPQ. Marketing +1 to Walther for stating the obvious. In reality, I don't know if I would pick the PPQ over the FNS, sigs or any other guns nowadays. They are all great guns.

There was a bunch more stuff that quite frankly I don't remember all, and will be putting stuff together from notes when I get back.

USPSA stuff.... Safariland 014 holster. Looks pretty damn nice. Solidly built, infinitely adjustable.

What else.... people were going nuts to get a picture with the Gunny, as long of a line to take a pic of some of the cast of Sons of Guns, and Paige Wyatt was there from Gunsmoke.

Saw the USPSA usuals, and had a nice long chat shooting airsoft with Eric Grauffel.

One of the tasks I was trying to tackle, and might as well mention it, I was asked by Harry Foltz, our Area 8 director, to be the Area 8 match corporate sponsor laison. So part of my gig for myself at shot show was to speak with vendors about possibly having them sponsor the Area 8 Championship this year at Fredericksburg, VA in August.

Gotten really great responses from people all seeming hell bent on making sure to support our sport and hobby.

We went to aimpoint, trijicon, but not eotech.

quite frankly, having so much zombie crap out there is a big :facepalm: moment.

Freakin Leupold puts out a zombie edition scope. To have them do, is just a total wtf moment.

Burris had some great products out there.

• Like 1

Street date/retail price of the FNS?

was magpul displaying their shotgun accessories?

Pics!!! Please?

Street price of about mid 500 avail now to very soon.

Magpul did have some now type stocks, was typical magpul quality, meaning good , however Jon was not crazy about it for some reason.

Any word on whether or not Magpul is going to do the new shotgun accessories for the Mossbergs?

I believe the demo stuff was on the shotguns. Don't hold me to it, I do not do shotguns.

Although there were some nice ass ar based shotguns being produced.

Dont recall exact weight, but it felt solid. I feel the gun is perfectly balanced, and do not know if I would change anything on that gun.

Recoil wise, I would rather put through 1000 rounds through the xd slim over 200 rounds of 9mm in the ruger LCP/LC9.

So went over again to Walther booth to try to figure out if there is an answer to the USPSA Production question. Quite frankly, don't count on it yet, they did not file anything with USPSA, nor is it a priority for them.

Now to the gun itself. The sales guys are following the script to the t. Every other sentence was... "reset" in regards to the Walther PPQ. I really feel they are making a fool of themselves, the reset is not worth the gun, the gun is worth the gun. If you want to talk reset, I have probably seen at least 4 or 5 other production guns with as nice, if not nicer reset than the PPQ.

CZ (any), FNH FNS, Springfield XD (especially the new Slim), Almost any 1911, and even some new Taurus 24/7.

And the epic wtf is this world coming to....

IMAG0649.jpg

Hogue Zombie Grips. When is enough? You have otherwise respectable companies like Leupold, Ruger, and Hogue feeding this tacti-tard mentality. It was pretty stupid funny when they came out with Zombie ammo, but to have manufacturers pile on this board?

In full disclosure, I do have a zombie lower, which is to me pretty much the same as a gag gift, but by all means I would not be putting on glow in the dark "zombie" grips, and shooting "zombie" ammo.

Zombie-tard, the new tacti-tard.

• Like 1