DblEGT

Best All-Around .22 Cal Semi-Auto Pistol under $400 ?? (POLL)

Best All-Around .22 Cal Semi-Auto Pistol under $400 ?? (POLL)  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Best All-Around .22 Cal Semi-Auto Pistol under $400 ?? (POLL)

• Smith & Wesson M&P 22
    • Ruger SR22
    • Sig/GSG 1911-22
    • Walther P22
    • Sig Mosquito
    • Ruger MkIII / 22/45
    • Beretta Neo
    • Browning Buckmark

Wow, I really don't get all the complaining about the Ruger MK II/III disassembly, cleaning and reassembly?!?!?! It takes me about 20 seconds to field strip my MK III hunter... just a few minutes to clean and then I can put it back together in under 30 or 40 seconds. Once you learn how to do it properly it's a piece of cake. My MK III has been awesome through at least 1,000 rounds... with no problems whatsoever. Just had 2 FTF's due to cheap crappy ammo. I don't think that you can get a better .22lr pistol in that price range than the Ruger MK's... and if you put some Volquartsen components into it, it becomes amazing. I've been accurate out to 100 yrds with my MK III shooting off hand.

I always said I would never buy a Ruger Mk or 22/45 series pistol. I recently changed my mind as I noticed I saw one every range I went to, so there must be something to this! I put around 1k rounds thru a Ruger 22/45 MKIII. I was a little wary on buying mags as I wasn't sure to buy 22/45 or MKIII. So I bought 22/45 and they worked fine. My opinion has changed drastically on this pistol. I love it, it is so accurate and it feels and has kinda the same controls as a 1911. I also have the Sig 1911 and love that pistol too. I don't like the fact that the Ruger mags don't drop free. You can make them drop free with some parts. So if you are going to be plinking and want to be highly accurate get the Ruger. If you want to shoot OBRAMS, which I do, I will be using the Sig 1911. I say get them all or at least a few of them. Also have a S&W 617 revo and that is fun to shoot!!

I would vote for SR22... but it's still at dealer as I am very very very very patiently await on my Instant check to finally come through..

I brought MK3 in shoe box back to dealer :) just could not deal with it... but it was before all the instructional videos on youtube.

Best all round...

I would have to say a Ruger 22/45 Lite.

But, depending on what you want to do, the SR22 might be the ticket.

However, my favorite is the S&W M&P 22.

And, of course you cannot go wrong with any of these....

Ruger Mark II

Ruger Mark III Hunter

.22LR revolver (Ruger SP101, S&W 317, 617, Taurus 990, 992)

Buckmark

I always said I would never buy a Ruger Mk or 22/45 series pistol. I recently changed my mind as I noticed I saw one every range I went to, so there must be something to this! I put around 1k rounds thru a Ruger 22/45 MKIII. I was a little wary on buying mags as I wasn't sure to buy 22/45 or MKIII. So I bought 22/45 and they worked fine. My opinion has changed drastically on this pistol. I love it, it is so accurate and it feels and has kinda the same controls as a 1911. I also have the Sig 1911 and love that pistol too. I don't like the fact that the Ruger mags don't drop free. You can make them drop free with some parts. So if you are going to be plinking and want to be highly accurate get the Ruger. If you want to shoot OBRAMS, which I do, I will be using the Sig 1911. I say get them all or at least a few of them. Also have a S&W 617 revo and that is fun to shoot!!

They should drop free when empty.

They should drop free when empty.

The MK III series pistols have a magazine disconnect that subsequently prevent the magazine from dropping free after the last shot. Yes, they should drop free. That would be nice and make sense. However as a factual statement, they do not.

Ruger MKIII's can be easily upgraded, modififed, with Volquartzen and aftermaket parts. You can modify it so the mag drops out when you release it and get rid of that stupid "chamber loaded" flag. That is what is making used MKII's so in demand.