JDxdm04

S&W 340pd w/ .357 magnum

So JWglock23 and I went to RTSP tonight to test out his new 340pd. While I'm sure most of you know, this is an ultralight (about 11oz I believe) 5-shot revolver made of scandium alloy with a titanium cylinder.

In general, I am relatively new to firearms. I have shot several pistols, but have never fired a handgun that shoots a .357 magnum round. Having said that - WOW! I could not believe how jarred I was by the kick. After 15-20 rounds, I had to switch back to .38 special to give my hands and forearms a break.

My b*tching aside, that is a damn fine wheel gun and I loved shooting it. IMHO, it'd be a great deep concealed primary or solid backup (for those of you fortunate enough to be allowed to carry in this state). Once Bedminster PD processes my FID (71 days and counting), this may be one of my first purchases.

357 mag in a scandium gun. I don't think I would ever consider one. You better hit what you're aiming at because the followup shots are practically non existent unless you were using two hands and a death grip. I would rather deal with the extra weight of a gun that I could control better. With a good holster, I don't think you'd notice a few ounces of difference that much.

357 mag in a scandium gun. I don't think I would ever consider one. You better hit what you're aiming at because the followup shots are practically non existent unless you were using two hands and a death grip. I would rather deal with the extra weight of a gun that I could control better. With a good holster, I don't think you'd notice a few ounces of difference that much.

agreed. It was a great gun that is great to shoot .38 special, but the .357 was not enjoyable. The muscle between my thumb & index finger is still sore.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Casual Shooter
      ·         M&P 45 Compact 4” Barrel with Night Sights
      ·         Stainless Steel Barrel and Slide
      ·         Five (5) Magazines
      ·         Apex Enhanced Trigger Kit (original S&W trigger parts included in the package)
      ·         Original S&W case, manual and three backstraps
      ·         Excellent condition
               $390.00
      Located near Morristown. RTSP in Randolph preferred FFL but will travel a reasonable distance to your FFL for transfer. Buyer responsible for transfer fees. The first to post “I’ll take it” wins the sale. Please follow up with PM to confirm.
      Thanks for looking.

• By Casual Shooter
      ·         M&P 45 Full size 4.5” Barrel with Night Sights
      ·         Stainless Steel Barrel and Slide
      ·         Five (5) Magazines
      ·         Apex Enhanced Trigger Kit (original S&W trigger parts included in the package)
      ·         Additional Storm Lake Performance Ported Stainless Steel 5.3” Barrel
      ·         Extra Grip Frame Tool pin with lanyard attachment
      ·         Original S&W case, manual and three backstraps
      ·         Excellent condition
      $420.00
      Located near Morristown. RTSP in Randolph preferred FFL but will travel a reasonable distance to your FFL for transfer. Buyer responsible for transfer fees.
      The first to post “I’ll take it” wins the sale. Please follow up with PM to confirm.
      Thanks for looking.

• By My1stGlock
      Anyone knows of a reliable gun smith or armorer that can swap a barrel on a S&W 686+ revolver? If you used them even better. Any idea on the cost to do the work? Obviously someone local in NJ as the first choice. Thanks for any leads. 
    • By JoeTK37
      Well it finally came in a few weeks ago but I haven’t had time to take pictures or get it to the range yet. But is sure is pretty......

I was looking at revolvers for a long time and couldn’t figure out what I wanted. Thanks to the help on this forum I came up with a list of the things I wanted, tapered underlug(just for looks), 6-shot, 4” barrel, smooth trigger and that landed me on the Smith and Wesson 686 SSR

• The biggest problem with this announcement is that the FBI has proven itself to be completely untrustworthy, but it is the agency charged with keeping the public informed about such developments. So, this is something that Wray and the FBI want us to believe, because they are convinced that is in their best interests that we do so. But how much objective truth is there to it? Are Biden's enviro-Nazi puppeteers planning to sabotage the internet and what is left of our petrochemical production capability and somehow false flag attribute that attack to the Chinese? Unlikely, but it's terrible and damning that I even need to seriously consider that possibility. It's a dilemma. Reminds me of an old Star Trek TV episode where Kirk short-circuits some robotic adversary by telling it, "I always lie. Listen very carefully. I am lying to you..." Personally, I'll wait until I see some corroboration of this from something that I regard as a trusted source (and those are few and far between these days) before I buy it.
    • After Karina, there where laws passed to prevent the seizure and confiscation of legally owned firearms during an emergency.   Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act H. R. 5013 - Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006 (known as the Vitter Amendment) H. R. 5441  
    • And it's sad because there's a lot to like, especially South NJ, the North West, and the Beaches.  Like Washington State, the Illiberals have managed to take something good and totally destroy it.
    • Dragon's breath (ammunition) - Wikipedia