SpacemanFry

9mm 1911

I am still deciding if I want a 1911 in 9mm or just keep my polymers for 9mm and 1911's in .45

Mix it up a little. I just got a FNP USG 45. I wanted a super rugged 45 with high capacity (15 +1 rounds). I would feel bad getting scratches on my Colt Series 70 1911 or my S&W Model 25-2 revolver.

I am still deciding if I want a 1911 in 9mm or just keep my polymers for 9mm and 1911's in .45

1911 in 9mm is great for shooting steel if you get into gun games, and a heck of a lot cheaper to shoot. Perfect for static and knock-down matches. Not to mention Single Stack USPSA, you get to load 10 rounds when shooting Minor, over 8 when shooting Major..

So did I push you over the edge for that 9mm yet??? :icon_mrgreen:

Mix it up a little. I just got a FNP USG 45. I wanted a super rugged 45 with high capacity (15 +1 rounds). I would feel bad getting scratches on my Colt Series 70 1911 or my S&W Model 25-2 revolver.

I have other .45's. Xdm 3.8,sig p250 and sig scorpion.

In case you need further convincing BLF, the SW1911 Pro in 9mm is the softest shooting 9mm I've ever shot with factory ammo. Very low recoil, very little muzzle rise/flip. And of course you know about the trigger. I really am in love with this gun :) Now, I haven't shot other 1911s in 9mm but I would wager they have similar characteristics.

I can give you some steel match loads for it. You will think it is a 22.

I have no doubt now. When Wolfy was saying that before I thought it was a slight exaggeration, but the other day I shot both the SW1911 and my MarkIII in the same session and there was not much difference. With a lower load I can totally see the recoil be as low as a 22.

I never shot a .22 so I would not even know what that is like.

Really??!! Why wouldn't you shoot a .22LR? It's cheap, fun and accurate. You should definitely add some 22s to your gun collection. They are great trainers if nothing else.

OK, who bought the Trojan 9mm that was sitting at Shore Shot, fess up. I went there to see my beauty again and it was gone.

It's good though cause I'm $900 richer instead of poorer.

There is a lot of good suggestions here for a 9mm 1911, but here is my problem. Figured I'd out it here instead of opening Iona new thread. I'm on a very tight budget and I'd like a 1911 and would like to take it into competition when I start. Does anyone know an affordable 1911? How much are they used usually? I know new ones average about $1000. I'm looking at the $600 - $800 range. I've seen then around there but don't know if they're good quality.

There is a lot of good suggestions here for a 9mm 1911, but here is my problem. Figured I'd out it here instead of opening Iona new thread. I'm on a very tight budget and I'd like a 1911 and would like to take it into competition when I start. Does anyone know an affordable 1911? How much are they used usually? I know new ones average about $1000. I'm looking at the $600 - $800 range. I've seen then around there but don't know if they're good quality.

STI Spartan 9mm

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000AE1-1263828368

Get your hands on a 9mm RIA Tactical model. That will be in your price range and be a great starter 1911.

Not sure how the 9mm trigger and feel of the RIA 1911 is being the one I was looking at at the Scottsdale Gun Club today was in .45ACP but I like feel of the Spartan better but the Spartan was in 9mm so I don't know if is was comparing apples to apples or not.. Still was to shoot a RIA in 9mm but they didn't have one..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll go with the Spartan.

I only shot a few of the members Spartans at the matches. Great gun out of the box but if you ever wanted do some trigger work or have it done they can clean up really nice. I'm really thinking of getting one in .45ACP to shoot single stack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk