this_is_nascar

Wal-Mart and Ammo

I'm not sure about other parts of NJ, but here around my way, Wal-Mart does not sell ammo. Does anyone know if the Delaware Wal-Marts sell ammo or not? Preferably, something right over the bridge wold be best, since it won't be too far away.

The shipping cost on an order from ammunitiontogo.com is less than the gas spent to go to Wallyworld. The price is also lower and there is no tax. And you won't have to deal with a dufus employee. I haven't bought amunition from a brick and mortar store in years.

I didn't see any 9mm ammo on that site that really interests me. What you recommend from there? I'm looking for inexpensive target ammo like Federal Champion or something along those lines for $10 or less per box of 50.

Walmart doesn't sell ammo in NJ at all. They do in every other state I know of. Maybe not California either, but just a guess because that state is about as retarded as ours.

Yea, that's what I figured too. I'll have to find the closest WM in Delaware and give a call to see if they carry ammo.

DE has no sales tax, and from what I recall, does carry ammo.

Outside NJ, Walmart has ammo in most stores I have been to, exception some big big cities like Orlando. outside, they do.

Their ammo prices have been going up a bit. You are as likely to get good deals from Dicks when Remington goes on sale, plus dicks bucks.

DE has no sales tax, and from what I recall, does carry ammo.

Outside NJ, Walmart has ammo in most stores I have been to, exception some big big cities like Orlando. outside, they do.

Their ammo prices have been going up a bit. You are as likely to get good deals from Dicks when Remington goes on sale, plus dicks bucks.

I just so happened to call Dick's this morning. They guy said they had Blazer for $10.99 a box and I forget the price he said on Remington. I think he said they were Remington UML or something like that. I had never heard of it.

I need to check out Nachez.

Check out http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pistol-ammunition/9mm-9x19 very decent pricing, shipping is reasonable if you order in bulk (not so much for small orders) and their service was good for the few orders I've made so far. I picked up a case of Speer Lawman 9mm 115 grn for $215 shipped recently.

Walmart has Federal Champion for $10.97. Natchez has a sale on Blazer Aluminum for $8.99 a box. $8.49 if you have 10 boxes.

Big difference between the two. =)

Brass versus Aluminum. If you are planning on reloading, or want higher quality ammo, go with the federal.

I just ordered Federal Champion from Cabela's for $!0 a box. They had a sale last week. Check out www.slickguns.com and buy when it goes on sale.

So did I. I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I only purchased 500-rounds, since I didn't know how my 92A1 was going to like it. I guess I should have snagged more.

I didn't see any 9mm ammo on that site that really interests me. What you recommend from there? I'm looking for inexpensive target ammo like Federal Champion or something along those lines for $10 or less per box of 50.

Bummer, Ammotogo recently had Geco 9mm which is excellent for under $200 a case. I have 6 cases stocked up. If I needed 9mm now I would go with the 115 grain Fiocchi at dansammo.com for $200 a case.

Ok, thanks. I just picked up (4) boxes of the Remington UMC 115-grain that Dicks has for $11.98 per box, normally $14.99 a box. Hague's is supposed to be putting ammo on sale today, so I curious to see what they have. Late time they had Winchester for $225 a case or something like that. Not really what I'd call a sale, but definately less than their normal pricing, especially considering they only carry Federal American Eagle 9mm on a normal basis.

I think the best strategy is to try various brands and bullet weights, decide which you prefer, then keep an eye out for sales and stock up then. I have almost 9k rounds of Geco and RWS, which I hid in my garage so my girlfriend does not give me a hard time.

I have found that the "oh yeah, then why do you need so many shoes" comeback just makes things more difficult for me ...

I think the best strategy is to try various brands and bullet weights, decide which you prefer, then keep an eye out for sales and stock up then. I have almost 9k rounds of Geco and RWS, which I hid in my garage so my girlfriend does not give me a hard time.

I have found that the "oh yeah, then why do you need so many shoes" comeback just makes things more difficult for me ...

Trust me. I've been married for over 30-years. I know exactly what you mean. :)

• Like 1

I realize this is an older thread but just want to ask a question.

I just drove back from Montreal last night and had the opportunity to stop in at the Walmart in Plattsberg NY to pick up a replacement radar detector plug. I also had the time to check out the ammo prices and was quite surprised at how low and accessible they were.

I was able to pick up 600 rounds of Winchester 9mm 115 grain target rounds for $95.94+ tax on a July 4'th sale, which works out to .17 cents a round.

Typical? and should I start visiting Wallyworlds when out of state from now on?

That's not a typical price. It's about $13 a box of Federal 9mm now I think.

It was $15.99/100 rounds with their sale but their regular price on the Winchester 9mm was $19.99/100 which is still cheaper than Dicks sale price..... so I picked up their last 6 boxes and made a mental note to visit every time I up in those parts.

Never shot Winchesters so we'll see.

.17/rd for brass cased, non-reloaded FMJ is a smoking deal. I would have bought up all their stock at that price too!

I thought so too, that's why I cleaned them out... It took some time to find an associate to open the cage because half of Quebec was shopping there also.

So basically I just happened to stumble onto a good sale and maybe shouldn't go too far out of my way to buy ammo at Walmart?