BIGAlR5150

Taurus 24/7 g2 or sw MP

I have been looking at both of these guns for some time, I am interested in others opinions or suggestions for something similar in 40sw, I like the price point of these two guns and the fact that in .40sw they can hold 15 rounds. It will be mostly a range gun and secondary HD. Also any suggestions for places to purchase in the south jersey area would be appreciated.

<---Opposite here. I own a M&P fullsize 9 and i love it. I'd definetely recommend it to anyone. I have owned Glocks before this and i did not like them compared to this.

The only thing you need to do is add in an Apex DCAEK and you'll have one of the best triggers in a polymer semi you can get. Plus S&W is American company and lifetime warranty service.

I know Taurus is NOT a fan favorite here, but they've come a long way since they started building firearms. I own (and owned) quite a few Taurii and all have performed flawlessly.

thanks for all the replies, One question I have heard about the Apex with the SW, would this put the MP in the same ballpark as a HK with out the price tag of course and is the Apex piece something I could install or do I need to send it to the gunsmith?

thanks for all the replies, One question I have heard about the Apex with the SW, would this put the MP in the same ballpark as a HK with out the price tag of course and is the Apex piece something I could install or do I need to send it to the gunsmith?

Apex trigger kit is going to drop the weight of trigger pull and clean it up. By no means is it going to turn it into an Hk. In fact, two different trigger systems, DA vs DA/SA on Hk.

You do not need the Apex kit, it is a nice to have.

9mm 247 pro ds 4,900 rounds not one problem.

I always admired the "value" of the 24/7, and the ergos... my only concerns, the trigger is complete utter mush/crap. The new series alot better from my understanding, but still leave a ton to be desired.

I always admired the "value" of the 24/7, and the ergos... my only concerns, the trigger is complete utter mush/crap. The new series alot better from my understanding, but still leave a ton to be desired.

That is the one knock on their semi auto's, the trigger. Lots of take-up in SA and DA.

Maksim,

You brought up a great point, this will be my first pistol like this. I have shot my friends HK 45, great gun just out of my budget. I like the fact of the decocker so you could have one in the chamber,first pull is double then single from there on. Is a double common on inexpensive manufacturers?

If i want Da/sa is there another company i should be looking at?

fnh fn line has alot of da/sa, probably get a good deal on those because the newer line called fnx is being released, its just a name change, plus alot of the reviewers compare them to h&k, especialliy for the nice trigger...