Sign in to follow this  
Fallout

Remington 700 Stock

which stock  

11 members have voted

1. 1. which stock to get?

• AICS 1.5
    • JAE 700

Opinions needed for what chassis to get.

I really like both the AICS AW chassis, and the JAE 700 chassis.

Price:

AICS AW- $900

JAE 700- $966

Cost is not an issue, so don't let it factor in your decision.

I am not sure what color i want to get, so just leave that out of it for right now. Here are some pictures to compare.

My gun will look basically identical, 16x scope, bipod, rear monopod

AICS-

aics2.jpg

aics.jpg

aics1.jpg

JAE 700-

jae3.jpg

jae2.jpg

jae.jpg

That ones real nice regulator, which is it?

Well here's the deal, I found a black aics for 800 shipped brand new on snipershide.com and the jae which I do love, is on a 10 month backorder. I'll pick up the aics in the mean time because this jae 700 is basically a unicorn at the moment.

I would get neither. Order a Manners T5A stock with the mini chasis and be done with it. A couple hundered dollars more then the AICS but I prefer the ergononomics and feel of the Manners much better. Thats if you can afford to wait since getting one from the factory will take 4 to 5 months. You can buy one ready to go on their website if you click the "stocks ready to go" link but it may not have the color you want or all the features. You can also try Stocky's Stocks, they are a dealer.

Never could get used to my AICS 2.0 and sold it in a month. With that stock I had a legitimate 1/2 MOA 700 rifle that was in a factory HS precision stock and turned it into something that was grouping closer to 2 MOA. YMMV, lots of guys love the AICS. I really want to but could not. Just one of those things.

The jae takes aics mags. But I already ordered an aics 1.5. Found it brand new in box for 800 shipped so I took it. Didn't want to wait ten months. And I heard jallenenterprises is a clusterfuck so I'd most likely wait two years and not the said ten months.

Do you have time shooting on each? That should really have made the decision for you. Stocks, particularly in the price range you are looking, are not an inexpensive upgrade and should not be purchased based on their "look".

Case in point, I always liked the way the Accuracy International rifles looked. When the AICS came out, particularly as it was one of the first options for a DBM, I was very excited. Then I got to shoot a few, and found that I didn't really like anything about it, in hand. It fit me poorly. In some shooting positions, it sounds like your shooting a tuning fork which was distracting to me. The stock sillouette also felt very tall while shooting. I didn't care for the cheap feel of the skins, or the fact that they didn't really aline perfectly with one another at the pistol grip when mounted.

So, my advice is to get some time behind them before throwing a not insubstantial chunk of money at one. You could be very surprised...I planned on an AICS 2.0 for my stick. It's wearing a McMillan A5 because that's what worked for me...

The jae takes aics mags. But I already ordered an aics 1.5. Found it brand new in box for 800 shipped so I took it. Didn't want to wait ten months. And I heard jallenenterprises is a clusterfuck so I'd most likely wait two years and not the said ten months.

10 months to 2 years, holy shit! Thats a decsion changer.

Specopsscout is correct. Getting behind the stock is the best way. The AI seems to be a love it or hate it affair. Im the only one I know that was in the middle! It wasnt that comfortable but I shot it well. Tha McMillan and Manners were the most comfortable for me. Never could warm up to the Mcrees or the state arms stocks which are very similer.