hiker88

Beretta 92fs D spring & hammer replacement

I just replaced the stock hammer spring of my 92fs with a D spring. While on it, I also replaced the stock hammer with an Elite skeletonized hammer.

The resulting DA pull is evidently smoother and lighter. The SA pull was just a tad lighter from stock. As for the hammer, it just looks cooler than the original one.

The entire process took less than ten minutes. The only tools you need are a screwdriver (or hex key) for the grip screws and a small punch.

All the replacement parts were ordered from www.olhasso.com.

If you have a 92 or m9, I would definitely recommend this mod.

Just put one in last week when i finally found one in stock. Was your pin hard to get out? when i depressed the lanyard loop my pin fell right out. I thought i was going to have to punch it out.

My pin was hard to get out. However I have the Italian inox. The lanyard loop is different internally.

You convinced me to finally order one and try it. Just placed the order with Olhasso. I was always confused because most other stores only list it by the spring weight so I didn't know which was correct.

As for the lanyard loop pin, mine was difficult to remove also, and I have an Italian A1. I had to use a punch and hammer to remove it with a clamp keeping it compressed.

The italian lanyard loop doesnt seem to have a channel milled into it for the roll pin like the US one does. Its just a hole drilled thru it so there isnt any play in it. You just use a punch and punch the pin out. With the US one you push the lanyard loop into the grip and the pin comes out easily.

Yeah I followed the same video and couldn't figure out why the lanyard loop wouldn't push in. once I punched out the roll pin I realized the Italian and the US lanyard loops are different.

If you have an Italian just pound it out, American, push in the housing.

^^^^ this seems to be the case^^^^^

I almost lost the pin for my M9A1 cause i wasn't paying attention when it fell out on me. Its also a sold pin, not a roll pin.

As for light strikes, its 16lb's so take it for what its worth. Stock is 20lb's. I would say you should be fine with normal ammo, but if you use a skeleton hammer u may increase the chance. This isn't an aftermarket or optional part, is the spring used in the D model, so if it is good enough for the 92 D its good for the 92fs

I did this on my Beretta as well and it took less than 10 minutes. Certainly makes a difference.

I use wolf primers which are harder than normal and all my rounds went off fine.

I may take the stock spring and try cutting out like 4 coils to make it really light just for an

experiment, but at that point it may cause light strikes.

I guess I'll find out this Sunday. I might use my 92fs for the USPSA match at obrpc.

I made C class in Production within 5 months of starting USPSA shooting my Beretta 92. You won't see many people using one but that's all the more reason to use one, I like being different. I shot it enough that the first double action shot didn't bother me unless it was a really far target. If possible shoot at an easy target first so that you get the double action shot out of the way on an easy one.

I will be at Sundays match as well. Let me know if you need to borrow anything like mag pouches or a Bladetech DOH holster.

I made C class in Production within 5 months of starting USPSA shooting my Beretta 92. You won't see many people using one but that's all the more reason to use one, I like being different. I shot it enough that the first double action shot didn't bother me unless it was a really far target. If possible shoot at an easy target first so that you get the double action shot out of the way on an easy one.

I will be at Sundays match as well. Let me know if you need to borrow anything like mag pouches or a Bladetech DOH holster.

Thanks! I have a Safariland holster and some kydex mag pouches for the Beretta. I haven't fully decided yet if that's what I'll use on Sunday. I just gave my Glock 34 a 0.25 cent trigger job last night after I played around with the 92fs. :haha:

I replaced the hammer spring to a D spring ~2k rounds ago and have not had a single FT Fire. I would not worry about replacing the stock spring for a D spring in a range gun.

Note: I use mine as a range gun only. For the slightly lighter pull I would not change out the spring on a SD gun.

Just received and installed my D spring. It dropped my DA trigger pull from just under 12lb to just over 9lb. Did nothing for my SA pull (wasn't expecting it to change, it's right around 5lb), but wow, what a difference it makes for DA. It's definitely going to make that first shot at USPSA much easier.

easiest trigger job there is ;)

Definitely! The only downside was that I also needed a hammer because I have the Italian version, so a roll-pin holds the lanyard loop in place, but I already knew that so it wasn't a big deal.

I did the same mods on my Beretta 92 Vertec and I did make a big difference. I also added a Wolf stainless guide rod and a wolf stock spring the gun is now smooth as glass!

I just threw in the HS-002 Competition Spring from http://www.olhasso.com/PS/parts.htm. Double action trigger is significantly lighter and smoother.

I havent shot it yet, and because of this I took my beretta out of my night stand until I can throw a few hundred rounds down range to test the realibilty with the new spring.

All,

Based on the above info, I am thinking about ordering a replacement D spring for my 92A1

I use this gun for HD, should that stop me from changing the spring?

thanks

The D spring is actually used on the DAO 92D. It gives a slightly smoother/lighter trigger pull to the M9 or the 92FS. For use on an HD gun, it's totally up to you.

My 92FS is for use mostly at the range for plinking or gun games.