9X19

WTT new Springfield M1A Scout

Willing to trade my brand new unfired Springfield M1Scout .308 walnut stock with box, manual, loaded coupons and 4 extra 15 rd mags for a Colt Python, blued 6" preferred. Only interested in a trade for a Colt Python. Not looking to sell. Pics can be uploaded, but you can just go to Springfield's site.

Thanks

Ummmmmmm. Ya know bhunted....wants a scout I think...

Spoke already...

Socom II, not Scout, but thanks Nick...

Ummmmmmm. Ya know bhunted....wants a scout I think...

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

BHunted, the M14 is already a super front heavy rifle. The heavy VLTOR rails and gear you strap on the SOCOM forend amplify the problem, IMO. Additionally, I believe that the SOCOM is 16" and uses a non-standard gas system. I am a fan of the Scout for the quick target acquisition optic setup. It also has a National Match front sight that makes longer shots with your iron sights a lot easier. If you don't like the Scout, check out the SOCOM 16.

Hi Lunker...

I'm not too concerned about the weight. The difference between the Socom 16 and the II is only 1.2 pounds. Anything added on if at all, would be a light. You'd already put a scope on it and that would be any gun. With the extended rail, depending on which type of scope, you'd be able to bring it back further to counter the front heaviness. Anyway, I'm a big guy and that gun is nothing to me in weight.

As for the gas system. Best I can find out on it is that it is retuned for the 16" barrel. I'm always researching and have not seen how good/bad that could be. They are both the same size barrels. Any thoughts as to why the gas system would be an issue?

People always mention the different gas system, but i have yet to hear that there are problems with it, or that it is under/overgassed. The big downside to me is just the availability of non-standard gas parts.

Not sure if they really are different non-standard parts. I've searched high and low for that answer without any luck. Best thing I may do is call SA direct and just ask.

You recommend the 16.... How much different could it be? Same everything except the retuning and w/o all the vltor add ons pretty much. Although they don't mention it in the 16's description. Begs the question, is it just a stronger/weaker spring? Why retune the II and Not the 16...? All we know is that it's special to comp for the shorter barrel, yada yada... Other than that, only complaints I heard is the range which its not suppose to have and the weight. Weight don't bother me... You can remove some of the under rail stuff. But add it on after market, the dang stuff is expensive. Might as well get it installed and be my decision to have it on or off. It's not a long range weapon, that's a given. But that's why I have my Remmy for... ;) and hey, lifetime warrantee is always nice too...

People always mention the different gas system, but i have yet to hear that there are problems with it, or that it is under/overgassed. The big downside to me is just the availability of non-standard gas parts.

Wow, I thought there would be a lot more people interested in this Scout. I have permits in hand and am looking for a nice Colt revolver, or a nice Colt 1911.

I don't think it's lack of interest. It's lack of Colt Pythons from forum members, and unwillingness to trade such a rarity for a current production gun by the few that do own one.

You wouldn't say that if you've seen the prices that boxless pythons are selling for on gb...

If I had a Colt to trade, I would do it yesterday, as most are only worth less than $1K, especially without the box.

The downside to a Colt Python in my opinion is the lack of gunsmiths qualified to work on one. Every smith can work on a S&W revolver. The Colt has more intricate lockwork and is a medium framed gun (think S&W K frame) that is known to shoot itself loose with heavy magnum loads. Some folks are content to only run 38 special through their Pythons, n which case it should last forever. For me, 1/2 the fun of having a 357 revolver is running full power loads through it.

On the other hand, I have never seen a gun finish as nice as Colt Royal Blue.

The Royal Bluing is what caught my eye in the first place. It stood out in any display case of blued guns. As for the gunsmith issue, why would it be a concern? What can you possibly do to it that may require a qualified gunsmith to do? The gun is solid and a revolver. Not a semi that stands more of a chance in malfunctions. Colt ain't going anywhere soon, so worse case scenario, send your Colt on a spa/vacation session... Manicured and ready to rock once more when it returns. :) So I wouldn't be concerned. Wouldn't stop me from buying one if I was in the market.

The downside to a Colt Python in my opinion is the lack of gunsmiths qualified to work on one. Every smith can work on a S&W revolver. The Colt has more intricate lockwork and is a medium framed gun (think S&W K frame) that is known to shoot itself loose with heavy magnum loads. Some folks are content to only run 38 special through their Pythons, n which case it should last forever. For me, 1/2 the fun of having a 357 revolver is running full power loads through it.

On the other hand, I have never seen a gun finish as nice as Colt Royal Blue.

I don't think it's lack of interest. It's lack of Colt Pythons from forum members, and unwillingness to trade such a rarity for a current production gun by the few that do own one.

It may be a current production gun, but there are not alot of them in gun stores these days. Probably due to the economy. It has never been fired. Comes with the original box, loaded coupons and 4 extra 15 rd mags plus the 10 rounder that came with the gun, and two slings- 1 leather, and 1 GI canvas, I thought it would be a very strong offer for someone who might have always wanted one. I have always wanted a Python.....

I had 2 pythons over the years 1-4" nickle and 1-6" blue. No smiths to work on them!. But they are sweet. Doubled my $ on both. I would sell that springfield and look on the auction sites. I always look at them but would never buy one again, unless it was a super deal.

I've also owned both of the same ones. Again, why the concern over finding a gunsmith? What in holy hell could you possible do to them that Colt could not if need be? My 4" python saw a lot of rounds and not one problem over the years and not just 38s... Shot 38, 38+Ps and magnum rounds... Plenty of them... The gun is a solid work horse. Again, I apologize Roland...

I had 2 pythons over the years 1-4" nickle and 1-6" blue. No smiths to work on them!. But they are sweet. Doubled my $ on both. I would sell that springfield and look on the auction sites. I always look at them but would never buy one again, unless it was a super deal.

I've got a customized Colt Python, it's used, it's single-action-only, (basically it's a race gun). It's accurate as hell, trigger is nice, and comes with a removable Picatinny Rail to mount a Red Dot or Holo Sight on it. I've posted pics of it on here before. I dunno if that might be something you were interested in, but I've been thinking of selling it as of late.

I've got a customized Colt Python, it's used, it's single-action-only, (basically it's a race gun). It's accurate as hell, trigger is nice, and comes with a removable Picatinny Rail to mount a Red Dot or Holo Sight on it. I've posted pics of it on here before. I dunno if that might be something you were interested in, but I've been thinking of selling it as of late.

Sounds real nice DevsAdvocate, but not exactly what I was looking for.