NickC

World War Z

Did not know about the book , just ordered it. The trailer looks interesting to me , maybe it won't after I read the book.

Having read the book, I can tell you that the book and the movie diverge after the title. There was no point in the book where zombies were building a gigantic zombie pyramid at hyper speed to scale a wall. Once you read the book you'll understand why that does not fit into the WWZ canon.

Don't know if the

Having read the book, I can tell you that the book and the movie diverge after the title. There was no point in the book where zombies were building a gigantic zombie pyramid at hyper speed to scale a wall. Once you read the book you'll understand why that does not fit into the WWZ canon.

Don't know if they're building a pyramid, I see it as a hoard of dead acting like cockroaches...climbing over each other to get at their food. Will never compare to the book but I'm going to see it. I thought in WWZ and Zombie Survival Guide the zombies could move at normal speeds until their bodies start to deteriorate. Since this is at the beginning it's not far fetched to believe they could move somewhat fast. Hard to really tell from the trailer.

I've read the book 2 or 3 times and it's awesome. I always thought it would make for a really cool documentary/flashback/interview style movie. This could have been a FREAKING AWESOME game-changer, especially since WWZ focuses so much on "The Human Factor" of the zombie war.

Instead, we're getting the usual Hollywood action movie with some zombies thrown in. I have to echo other posters and ask: Why bother paying for the name?

*headdesk*

I met Mr. Brooks a few years ago when he gave one of the craziest and awesome lectures at a local university. This was before the rights to the movie were bid on, so I can't say what his thoughts are... But I think there are fundamental issues with even Pitt's character. Who knows what he's suppose to be in the movie, but it does seem like a bit of a stretch from what his character is in the books. In fact, the "protagonist" in the books is hardly even mentioned, and functions as more of a narrator-- doesn't seem likely with Pitt.

And yes, unless proved otherwise, I do blame Pitt because it was his production company that outbid DiCaprio's production company for the rights to make the film. What I was looking forward to with "slow" zombies and whatnot being manifested on the big screen was a zombie flick that used a lot of classic, real production-- and not CGI. There is a certain disconnect when everything is CGI, and, it seems for many, that is what really ruins the movie-going experience (and thus the film itself).