JohnRKC06

Cheyenne Mountain Outfitters

If they only lowered their prices a bit. =) Although they are not terrible, I do wish some of the employees dropped the attitude of "I was a former xxxxxx, so I am way smarter than you."

They do have a lot of inventory. In any case... I have not yet bought a gun from them in years simply because our vendors on the forum are significantly more competitive and 100 times more pleasant to work with.

If they only lowered their prices a bit. =) Although they are not terrible, I do wish some of the employees dropped the attitude of "I was a former xxxxxx, so I am way smarter than you."

They do have a lot of inventory. In any case... I have not yet bought a gun from them in years simply because our vendors on the forum are significantly more competitive and 100 times more pleasant to work with.

Agreed but they do carry nj compliant magazines for my 15-22 just the 10 rounders but at 19 a pop about 8 months ago I couldnt pass it up

I found them to not be completely honest. When I bought my first S&W M&P Sport from them I asked them if it would go on sale any time in the future and was told "you will never see it at that price again". I have now seen it in their sale flyer 2X since buying it not on sale. The last M&P I bought from a vendor on this site and I'm glad I did.

I stopped by Cheyenne on Wednesday at lunch. I was considering getting an M&P Sport (advertised in their flyer as $624.99). Pretty crowded so I didn't even get to speak to a salesman, but I noticed the light-up board on the counter said "S&W M&P Sport $675". Really? Sounds like bait and switch. Anyone here pick up a Sport during the sale?

they are so terrible to me all the time. Look, I look young. GET OVER IT, I am almost 32. I know I am short and I look young. MOVE THE ᰼ On. That doesn't give you the right to discriminate against me or be rude to me, OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, I always think it will change with thme but it doesn't.

On Tuesday the guys got extremely rude again when I picked up my Saiga from Saturday's NICS meltdown . They refused to give me the 25 dollar credit they said they would on Saturday. Basically, I got an ad they had been sending, came in and bought a Remington 700 AAC-SD they ahd in the ad, didn't get the discount... Because they had said it wasn't active yet, the ad was not in effect. I said, are you really going to make me come back in a few days later, No they said its okay no problem. In the heat of the sale they did not give it to me. 4 days later I Came back from buying th Rem 700 to buy a Saiga 12, and they said, hey we can credit you the 25 on this sale. (the kid helping me cleared it with the owner.).

When I had to wait because NICS shut down on Saturday and come back on Tuesday, I mentioned near sale time, you guys were going to give me the 25 credit (and you had printed me the Rebate forms because I bought a Rem 700 4 days ago and a 870 two weeks ago [from Dicks])... the guy flips and is like I HAVE NO INFO ON THAT SORRY, and asks this guy near there Rocky. Rocky makes sure to completyely embarrss me by raising his voice and letting everyone in the store know I had ap roblem then called me a Liar, because he demands to know who "supposedly said this to you" I tell him ,. i believe the kids name is Andrew... and he said, ANDREW is not the boss!! I said yeah he went into the back to ask someone , he said the owner said no problem ,this guy rocky yells I AM THE OWNER AND I HAVE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THIS, How do I even know you bought a 700???? I am like, you don't remember me buying it 4 days ago?? Of course not we sell so many rifles I would not remember!!! I am now laughingm and probably beat red, I said, Oh you don't remember coming over to help[ with scopes, when I told the guy helping me I did not want the $500 Nikon Monarch I was thinking about the $1000-$1300 Leupold VX3 / VX3L ... And suddently you come over to interruptand give your opinions on what I should buy... So you don't remember that either.. he says, real sarcastically, "Yeah I remember your face and your voice, Obviously THAT would be hard to forget, but I have no idea if you've ever bought anything here before....." And that just got to me, because now there is a crowd looking and wondering what the problem is and I just could not keep arguing... And all the while the owner guy Fred is in the other room , could have just gone and ASKED the guy, but rather call me a liar and call me out in front of all the customers... then the two workers have a private conference as if to decice whether they will still let me buy the Saiga 12, I mean I am not sure, can they even do that? I am sure they can, because they can ,most likely do whatever they want, I am not an idiot in that regard, they could prob just say too bad get out... But because they didn't know something and all I did was politely ask about A FREAKING MEASLY $25 rebate I was entitled to, and previously agreed to, he makes me out to be a bum and hollars at me etc. and I came close to explaining , the only person in th world who speaks to me like that is my father, and you ain't him.

It further enhances my point that CMO is terrible, clearly I will not be buying the $1000 Leupold for my Remington 700 and $500-750? EOTech I wanted to put on the Saiga 12. I am no top of the line customer from their but lets see, I've bought a 15-22, two PAPs, a Rem 700, and now a Saiga 12, always with full compliments of accessories and cleaninjg products and ammos etc, and twice did not get what I wanted but tried because two times I Came in to buy something on NICS Holdays and the one time, they sold the Benelli Supernova Tactical in Jan/Feb the next day earlier than I got into the store , and then some other holiday I was going to buy a M590A1 but was another stupid holiday and it wasn't available anymore. So I know they dont NEED my business (they have said it before) but really I am not that bad, I just don't like blatant disrespect and rudeness. (Like when they answered my fathers questions last friday night about rhe Saiga 12 with "I dunno man. Its whatever. " TWICE.).

never again will I go to CMO, and I will let everyone in the world I can know how they act. Will that do anything? Probably not. But That wont stop me.

I have bought a few targets there. Nothing major. I was recently there and waited like 10 minutes while they talked about bs. All along I was looking at them waiting for a response ni basically made it my business to look at a bunch of crap I had no interest in buying as a result of them blowing me off.

it's amazing the things I hear about this store. Anyone in the gun community I talk to pretty much had the same experience I've had at the gun counter. The rest of the store isn't bad as far as selection but CMO's guns and ammo...... overpriced and extremely rude behind the counter whether they are directly dealing with you or indirectly by ignoring you.

I know that YMMV, but I've had nothing but good experiences there. As crowded as it was yesterday, I was able to get service at both the ammo counter and gun counter quickly. The gentleman showing me pieces yesterday was extremely friendly and even offered some tips on my grip.

You know I typed out a large post of several paragraphs, but it might have been too inflammatory. Let me just say this. I know I am not very popular on here, and alot of people don't like me and frankly can be not nice. It never bothered me for several reasons... 1) It's the internet.. .not real life. It's the internet. 2) You know, in certain situations, you just gotta say Hey bud, if I don't mind it don't matter, I am who I am ,etc.. 3) I am really not like the way I am portrayed at all, it frankly makes me laugh. I guess by choosing to type a certain way people assume you speak a language different from them linguistically and you are therefore a punk, and also uneducated. Whereas I am actually not like that at all, its just the internet, and I think I beat, 94? % of the country on the old old SAT Verbal and was an English minor, I speak totally different than I type and I probably appear differnet as well, but whatever, it's just the internet. I have met a bunch of people in life that are forum members/ occasional viewers/posters/ just one and a while etc. and a lot have said , Oh you are nothing like what Ithought or even better, you are nothing like what a few other guys had said about you, LOL. Which makes me laugh. Even like PK90 and Maksim who both have done favors for me were extremely nice in person when you meet, because again I think they are smart enough to see how real life is not the same as the internet,

I post this because, when I said something about the terrible treatment at CMO a year and a half ago, a few people on here said it was most likely my fault and insinuated/down right said, "Well look and listen to yourself, no one likes you here, so what do you expect" or "Maybe if you changed , the result would be different etc" and I have to try to convince you, that could not be further from the truth, I am telling you I am or was there nothing but polite respectful and cordial while wearing conservative dress and using proper, polite language. these people were all or vast majority out of line, rude, and condescending/disrespectful not just to me but to others, and I have given no reason other than just not liking the way I look . (I am almost 32 but I am short and thin, and not particularly good looking. What can I do about those three things, not really that much, I guess I could go back to pumping iron . Been there, done that, got old.) So when a lot of people have the same complaints or people msg me, tell me in person, THE SAME EXACT STORIES and even sometimes use the SAME WORDS they got spoken to that I was spoken to as well with, it can't be all just me.

And it's been widespread, I have met people at the range across the river in PA, RAFire, (which is very convenient to me compared to other ranges, not the best but time is money and convenience is extremely important to me) have said the same things, I've met people at Dick's Sporting Goods in both PA and Jersey, the workers of Dicks have said the same thing , their customers come and tell them the stories I have said. AND why o why would I support the local shop when they outright tell me, I don't need your business I have plenty and you are just annoying so I'd rather take someone elses time and money. When you are putting up with that, Plus the fact Dick's is generally cheaper. (Now I am not saying Dick's is the solution to all the firearms needs in the world but just sayin.) It just amazes me that they get like this, as I surmise was like during the 2008 and 2009 situations, and by 2010 the internet was selling off guns at huge discounts, 2011 AR-15's were being given away, I was picked on for having bought a Bushmaster when Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, and such were handing out rifles at prices so cheap people were eating them up like chicken chow mein... And tht might just happen again, and they might be needing the business in time..might not be next month, or next 6 months, or a year from now... But there comes a time , your attitude comes full circle. At least that's how I see it

And let me be perfectly clear: Are there nice, good people there? I am sure there is. The gunsmith is genuinely a nice guy and helpful to me and I had planned on having him install my scope for my new .308 700 AAC-SD, like he did the base and rings. Now, absolutely no way I am going to drop $1000-$1500 on the scope and $500-700 on the EOTech/Aimpoint I need for the Saiga 12.... not a chance, I am not sure I'll go in there again, after the guy totally embarrassed me and disrespected me on Tuesday when he denied me the rebate they already promised to give me (AS PER THE AD, you know, it wasn't like i asked for a free 25 bucks) I wouldn't want to walk in the door without an apology. And seeing as I doubt that is forthcoming, I will just spend my time telling everyone how they treat me and even my Dad and how I am not the only one who feels this way, a crowd of customers in their own store waiting for help felt the same way, just like here. Will my efforts do a blessed thing? Most likely not in the least. But hey, it just might, and you never know how one lost sale can change the course of your business.

I've been at CMO many times and purchased 3 guns from them. The general observation I've made is that transactions go smoothly when you have a sense of what you want, you don't take forever to make your purchase decision, and you don't sweep the counter with the handgun you're holding (I've seen it happen there many times). With the amount of time it takes to complete one sale (all of the freeking paperwork and NICS), it's hard to move on to the next customer in a reasonable amount of time -- I'm sure it's frustrating. While they have a decent selection, prices can be a bit lower, especially for those who are repeat customers.

I thought it should be noted that my experience above happened when the store was absolutely empty at about 12:30 pm, and I was the only customer at the gun counter with three employees working the counter.

I've been at CMO many times and purchased 3 guns from them. The general observation I've made is that transactions go smoothly when you have a sense of what you want, you don't take forever to make your purchase decision, and you don't sweep the counter with the handgun you're holding (I've seen it happen there many times). With the amount of time it takes to complete one sale (all of the freeking paperwork and NICS), it's hard to move on to the next customer in a reasonable amount of time -- I'm sure it's frustrating. While they have a decent selection, prices can be a bit lower, especially for those who are repeat customers.

I believe you should have a sense of what you want but to say don't take forever.... that's a little unfair. I'm sure most work very hard for our money. To spend anywhere from $300 to a $1000 + I should be able to take the time, hold a few guns, ask a questions/opinions and not feel like i'm annoying the salesmen. I went there with a guy I work with who makes more then I do and one of the guys told him that "that gun is probably out of your price range". I don't know why but a few places in NJ feel like they can treat you like crap and you have to spend your money there if you want something. Well I'll continue to give my business to the vendors like Arms and Ammo, Bob's Little Sports Shop, and Ed's where you get treated with respect. I'm glad they treat you with respect but majority of us seem to have a different story. I'm not hating on you by any means so please don't take it that way.

I believe you should have a sense of what you want but to say don't take forever.... that's a little unfair. I'm sure most work very hard for our money. To spend anywhere from $300 to a $1000 + I should be able to take the time, hold a few guns, ask a questions/opinions and not feel like i'm annoying the salesmen. I went there with a guy I work with who makes more then I do and one of the guys told him that "that gun is probably out of your price range". I don't know why but a few places in NJ feel like they can treat you like crap and you have to spend your money there if you want something. Well I'll continue to give my business to the vendors like Arms and Ammo, Bob's Little Sports Shop, and Ed's where you get treated with respect. I'm glad they treat you with respect but majority of us seem to have a different story. I'm not hating on you by any means so please don't take it that way.

I know you're not, as you say, hating on me. As I said, it was an observation. I happen to agree with you that customers should be able to take the time, hold a few guns, ask a few questions and not feel like they're annoying the salesmen. Fortunately for me, I had the opportunity to ask questions, and look at a few models without any hassles before each of my purchases.

There were only a couple of folks at the counter today. Pizza Bob and I got the deal done quickly, but the check-out was slow as the cashier didn't know how to enter discounts. To give her some credit, she was quicker than the deli in the shopping center. Who takes 30 minutes to cook a hot dog? :maninlove: