Sign in to follow this  
NicePants

Ruger GP100 Lett grips question

Hey guys, wondering if anybody who has a set of Altamont grips could chime in. I've been looking to purchase a set of the old style lett grips for my GP100, and I noticed that Altamont makes their own set. Is their set identical to the factory Lett grips? If I were to get a set of grip inserts that were made for the factory Lett grips, would they fit in the Altamont grips? Thanks.

Can't answer you for sure, but I do know that Altamont is a supplier to many firearm OEM's, including Ruger. I would bet that the old style rubber with wood inserts grips were probably made by Altamont. Looking at their website, I am interpreting it that they make inserts for stock grips that also fit their own grips (textured rubber) as well as the factory smooth. Looks like it's mix and match for bunches of combinations. I'd contact them, just to make certain.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks for the response. I contacted Altamont and they just got back to me. They said that their grips ARE the original factory grips, which they then checker and add custom inserts to. Just in case anyone else was wondering. :)