Luke_WO

What Are You Reading?

Re-reading "Blood Meridian"

(Maybe the 4th time)

Trying to force myself to read slowly and really digest

Ug... Cormac McCarthy really needs to start taking his meds. I have no idea what Blood Meridian was about and I really tried to understand.

Right now nothing. It's January and work is complete hell in January because it's end of year and everybody wants their W2s. But when I'm done, maybe "Yellow Steel: A History of the Earthmoving Equipment Industry" or "CLR Via C#"

Re-reading "Blood Meridian"

(Maybe the 4th time)

Trying to force myself to read slowly and really digest

You need to read his books on a Kindle so you can look up the words you don't know. Game of Thrones was even worse. The author is a vocab nerd.

You need to read his books on a Kindle so you can look up the words you don't know. Game of Thrones was even worse. The author is a vocab nerd.

Between the Spanish, colloquial turn of the century lingo, it makes for a "challenging" read, lol

Still love it though

The World of Whitetail Hunting; Field & Stream. From the good 'ol public LIBRARY (Ben Franklin Rocked!)! Been finding some interesting reads ever since going there with my 1st grader who thinks of this place like I think of Cabela's, Cheaper Than Dirt, and A&A!!!!

About halfway through "Red Storm Rising".

Funny, the best scenes of the book were on Iceland. I wondered what the book would have been like if it just followed that small team. Even today I find myself taking that book off the shelf and rereading it - although only the scenes on Iceland.

Although I will admit that the Chapter "Dance of the Vampires" was fantastic.

Currently reading Black Light by Stephen Hunter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

point of impact was great. then i re-watched shooter and was disgusted lol. its rare that a film will not slaughter its source material though. The Hobbit actually stayed as enjoyable as the book so far, which is surprising considering how terrible i thought the lotr movies were compared to the books. and game of thrones season 1 was great as well but season 2 while not terrible was really blah. book 3 from ice and fire was my favorite though so heres hoping seasons 3 and 4 (since theyre splitting the book to two seasons) of the hbo show are amazing.

http://www.goodreads.com/Wavecaster

dont do much but add to my list and occasionally view others' lists for ideas but anyone can feel free to add me.

oh, to answer the topic question The Great Hunt (The Wheel of Time, #2) by Robert Jordan.

I have world war z in my currently reading as well cause i got like 3/4ths of the way though it but then stopped, i do plan on finishing it though it was really good, maybe after that horrible looking movie comes out.. again more proof of movies slaughtering their source material.

I'm presently reading "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross. I was told it is a must read for all gun owners and people who believe in the Constitution of the United States. I'm half way done...and they are 100% correct.

Did you buy it or get it from a library? I know it's out of print but it's on Amazon for $145.00. :o

Did you buy it or get it from a library? I know it's out of print but it's on Amazon for $145.00. :o

I have a digital version of it i could send you. got it as an ugly .txt so its far from pretty, especially as a .pdf. i converted it to .epub for my nook and its readable. Free and ugly sure beats $145 and pretty if you ask me though.

Scott Sigler's Infected is awesome. He has free podcasts as well all guaranteed to keep you up late :)

I enjoy all of Sigler's stuff. I've "read" everything via his podcasts but have bought a couple of his books, especially early on when he was getting started. His GFL series is a lot of fun, but can't wait for Pandemic.

I'm now "reading" (audio book) "Area 51: The Mission" by Bob Mayer. Area 51 is a silly series about alien conspiracy theories. He hits on everything from Area 51 to the pyramids to the face on Mars. Like I said, silly, but fun.

I'm also reading reading Brad Thor's Scot Harvath series about a former SEAL turned Secret Service agent. Not a bad thriller adventure series, I'm just on book 2 now.

And also listening to the podcast of Scott Sigler's "The MVP"

AH HA!  I was going to start a thread about this but a quick search turned this one up.  So I'm bringing it back!

I really enjoy reading and jump around genres quite a bit.  I just picked up "Patriots: A Novel Of Survival In The Coming Collapse" by James Wesley Rawles.  I read "Survivors" by him last year.  Got it, as I do most of my books, from the library.  Can't find this one at my library to I picked up at Barnes and Nobles when I took my oldest daughter so she could use some gift cards she got for Christmas.

If you enjoy biographies you should check out, "American Lion: Andrew Jackson In The White House" by Jon Meacham.  Very good read.  I also recently read "Benjamin Franklin: An American Life" by Walter Isaacson.  I never knew Franklin was such a flirt / lady's man!

I saw others mention "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand.  Excellent read.  I highly recommend it.

I look forward to reading some of the books I've seen listed here.