NJSlick

Experiences w/ BudsGunShop? Story Inside..

I am in the processing of buying my first non department issued handgun, I was recommended by a colleague of mine to check out BudsGunShop. So I knew what I wanted to order(Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm). Went on Buds and found the gun in stock, great. I ordered it on the 29 December. They sent me an email saying it would ship in 3-7 business days, again fine by me. I called them on Monday, damn near took 2 hours to get an actual human, and I was told it would ship the latest Thursday. Two weeks today, its still processing. I read several posts on Buds's FB page, I apparently am not the only one having a bad experience. One gentleman even placed an order on the 15th and its still "processing".

Has anyone else had a bad or good experience with them? I am giving Bullseye Tactical a call tomorrow, I see they have the gun I want in stock but for more money and are a vendor here. Thanks

Kyle

I ordered a gun from Bud's about 3 years ago. It was a good experience. I placed the order and the gun was at my FFL is 2 days. I have heard of horror stories too with them lately. I think they got to big to satisfy all their customers as of the last year or so. Now with all the panic buying I would have to say to stay away from any online retailer.

I ordered my EA witness limited elite from them about a year ago, I only ordered from them because they were the only company to have in stock the exact model I wanted. Truth be told they told me my gun was in processing and from that point they never told me anything, the gun based on their processing system never shipped. I just got a call from my FFL about a week and half after I ordered that it came in I was totally caught off guard cause I was one day away from calling buds to ask what the deal was.

They are not the easiest to deal with but I guess its the price we pay to get the gun we want or the price we want, sometimes the aggravation isn't worth the savings.

I am considering cancelling my order, if I knew of Bullseye before I made my purchase at Buds then I would of given a local seller the business. I understand computers aren't always accurate, but damn, show some decent customer support.

Have a simliar situation currently with Impact Guns. Wanted to buy locally, but only availability (in the forseeable future ) was by the net.

They are up front in say they are over whelmed with orders and not able to finish the process in a normal time frame.

They apologized and put the delay at about 5 to 10 days. So far it is about 4 days and counting.

I would go local if you can. Been to Bullseye and it is an interesting place! Have only bought ammo there. Chris is happy to talk to you and seems like a good guy to deal with.

I would also recommend Lou's In Raritan and Jim Flynns in the Clinton Area, but they are both a little farther from you.

Either way, if you have to do the NICs check it is currently a several day process.

Best of luck!

Bob

The demand from this ordeal has set unprecedented records. I dont think there is a retailer out there that was ready to deal woth this influx of purchases. I had great experiences with buds but today is a new day with unrivaled chaos. 6 months ago id give most online retailers a thumbs up, unfortunately its hard to gauge a company in times like this.

Have a simliar situation currently with Impact Guns. Wanted to buy locally, but only availability (in the forseeable future ) was by the net.

They are up front in say they are over whelmed with orders and not able to finish the process in a normal time frame.

They apologized and put the delay at about 5 to 10 days. So far it is about 4 days and counting.

I would go local if you can. Been to Bullseye and it is an interesting place! Have only bought ammo there. Chris is happy to talk to you and seems like a good guy to deal with.

I would also recommend Lou's In Raritan and Jim Flynns in the Clinton Area, but they are both a little farther from you.

Either way, if you have to do the NICs check it is currently a several day process.

Best of luck!

Bob

Thanks Bob, hopefully Buds makes this right...If not, I'll be taking a trip to talk to Chris..I just thought I would ask around, ya'll seem to know you're stuff around here

Bud's is one of the best drop-shippers on the net. With free shipping, you cannot beat their prices anywhere.

I have purchased at least 8 or 9 guns from them; all were great experiences.

Their website warns you that now is not the time to expect the greatest customer service. Just have faith and wait it out.

Also, once and only once, they shipped a pistol to my FFL without notifying me. Oooops. After 7 days of not receiving a shipment notification, I called and they told me it shipped 3 days prior. A forgivable oversight, considering the savings.

I think it's just because of the present time of things. I never ordered off Buds but everyone usually has a positive experience with them.

I think you may have a long wait locally as well if they have to order it.

Apparently they have 9 in stock...for 40 more, it may be worth cancelling it. I'm kinda stuck not knowing which way to go.

Apparently they have 9 in stock...for 40 more, it may be worth cancelling it. I'm kinda stuck not knowing which way to go.

Plus tax also?

Then you have to factor in the FFL transfer fee to Bud's total price.

That said, I ordered both a Glock 22 Gen4 (ordered 12/4, received 12/7) and a Mossberg 500 SG (12/3 to 12/19) recently from Bud's, just before the SHTF. They're just really busy.

Plus tax also?

Then you have to factor in the FFL transfer fee to Bud's total price.

That said, I ordered both a Glock 22 Gen4 (ordered 12/4, received 12/7) and a Mossberg 500 SG (12/3 to 12/19) recently from Bud's, just before the SHTF. They're just really busy.

It was 500 from Buds, plus a $30 FFL fee. Bullseye has it for 530, I assume there will be just tax. Its kind of the same at the end of it.

Also, keep in mind that Bud's is a drop-shipper. The gun is not coming from Bid's but directly from the distributor. The hold-up could be at their distributor.

that's all well and good...but Buds needs to keep the customer in the loop...

that's all well and good...but Buds needs to keep the customer in the loop...

Customer service cost money. Bud's is only making between $20 and $30 per sale. If you want to do business at Bud's awesome prices, you need to tolerate a lower standard in customer service. If you want top-tier customer service, I suggest going to a local brick and morter store or ordering from Gallery of Guns.

I bought 2 guns at Bud's: a Glock 26 and Sig P226 X-Five .40. I sent a check for both purchases to get the cash price and accepted a delay until my checks cleared - other than that their service was prompt. I just custom ordered 2 pistols from Bud's on layaway and paid deposits by e-check since I was told that manufacturer backlogs were 1-3 months for Kimber and up to 6 months from Springfield (keeping in mind that these are custom shop guns).

I bought 2 guns at Bud's: a Glock 26 and Sig P226 X-Five .40. I sent a check for both purchases to get the cash price and accepted a delay until my checks cleared - other than that their service was prompt. I just custom ordered 2 pistols from Bud's on layaway and paid deposits by e-check since I was told that manufacturer backlogs were 1-3 months for Kimber and up to 6 months from Springfield (keeping in mind that these are custom shop guns).

See they were upfront with you about the delays. When I purchased, I called ahead, the gun was in stock and would ship normally. I guess not. And I'm not here to bash them, I just want to hear from you all and see if this is an isolated case or do they have a habit of doing this

See they were upfront with you about the delays. When I purchased, I called ahead, the gun was in stock and would ship normally. I guess not. And I'm not here to bash them, I just want to hear from you all and see if this is an isolated case or do they have a habit of doing this

The 2 guns I bought from Bud's were in early December. After Sandy Hook, they were probably overwhelmed. The place where I buy ammo, Target Sports, just basically shut down new orders on their web site until they can catch up on their backlog (I have 4 outstanding ammo orders over 3 weeks old).