RecessedFilter

Shotgun Shootout! March 9th at Clinton WMA

How do you like the CZ? I have been looking at one for a bit now. Also looked at a CZ o/u

Not bad. It's a budget semi-auto. I had one of the first mfg. batches of the 912s, and I had to send mine back for a double-feed issue. CZ's customer service is top-notch. I have a 720, too, that I'm actually starting to like more than the 912.

Any Dicks Sporting goods have clays, Wallmart even has them in certain places. I picked up clays from Wallmart in Easton PA for $7 a box of 90. Dicks in Rockaway had them for $9 a box. Neither had 12gauge at the time I went.

Group Buy INFO:

After checking with a few sources it seems the market is still to hot to buy shells/clays in any large quantities for bargain prices. A combination of supply and price pressure is keeping suppliers on edge. While I have found willing vendors and suppliers, the perfect combo of vendor, supplier and price has not be good. Shells are still being sold at rates exceeding supply and forcing prices up weekly (another increase is due next week). Suppliers would rather spread the wealth than have pissed off customers or retail without product. I have been told this may subside by late spring but who knows. I guess we will have to wait it out for now. If anything changes I'll be in touch.

Clays are availble but shipping is presenting a problem with fuel costs. Wild prices hear also. Skid of 65 cases 135 count box clays are around 14.00 each not a great bargain.

If anybody has any suggestions................

I've been getting my supplies at Cabela's. I got cases of pink shells (which I love) for $54.99 and cases of clays for $12.99. Neither is not bad for the times right now.

i was there last weekend. the pink shells are now 64.99 and the clays are 13.99. they did have another brand of shells for 59.99 which i picked up 2 cases of. if anyone really needs a case bring $65 and ill sell you one of the cases i got. that basically what i paid for them after tax, so no im not making any money. and i only have one "extra" case so pm me first come first serve.

i was there last weekend. the pink shells are now 64.99 and the clays are 13.99. they did have another brand of shells for 59.99 which i picked up 2 cases of. if anyone really needs a case bring $65 and ill sell you one of the cases i got. that basically what i paid for them after tax, so no im not making any money. and i only have one "extra" case so pm me first come first serve.

Pmed you if no one else did.

Yeah I'm not surprised the prices are up. $14 for a box of clays isn't too bad, but I'd still like to try to get cases of 12ga for 60 bucks or under. But hell, if I'm all the way at Cabela's and the cheapest cases are $65, I'll still buy however many I can.

Is Nyone else as amped as I am for this?

I'm always amped for this. I used to hit the range once sometimes twice a week and spend at least $100 for the port and ammo at each outing. Now I just hold the urge to shoot for this once a month outing and it satisfies my urge for a fraction of what I used to spend a month in total. I still have to hit the range every now and then to use the AR and pistols but that's changed to maybe once a month now, especially because of the cost of ammo.

I'm surprised more people don't come out. Many I've spoken to don't even think about it because they don't have a shotgun. I try to spread the word as much as possible.

I'm always amped for this. I used to hit the range once sometimes twice a week and spend at least $100 for the port and ammo at each outing. Now I just hold the urge to shoot for this once a month outing and it satisfies my urge for a fraction of what I used to spend a month in total. I still have to hit the range every now and then to use the AR and pistols but that's changed to maybe once a month now, especially because of the cost of ammo.

I'm surprised more people don't come out. Many I've spoken to don't even think about it because they don't have a shotgun. I try to spread the word as much as possible.

this always seems to come around when you start to get that itchy trigger finger doesnt it? i try to hit the range at least one other time a month besides this event. that usually keeps me sane