Applied for non-resident CT carry permit; they sent it back with a note that it was incomplete due to "identification card' ineligible". I had followed the instructions and included a copy of my NJ FID to satisfy "A copy of the permit or license to carry a pistol or revolver issued to you by a recognized United States jurisdiction;"

Has anyone dealt with this? Is NJ FID not accepted? Is it because it's a Purchaser card not a carry permit? Or because it doesn't have an expiration date? Wondering if maybe I'd be better off submitting non-resident Florida CCW. Thanks.

Since PA no longer accepts FL non-res ccw I would suggest looking into getting your Utah ccw. Equal amount of states covered and cheaper renewal fees.

Yeah - why post about an FL ccw not being valid in PA when these guys are talking about CT? What relevance did it have to the discussion? OP obviously HAS a FL CCW already so why are you advocating his getting of a UT ccw for CT? Where's the logic? Oh I see - the renewal is cheaper so he should go and SPEND MONEY and take a UT specific course AND spend money on an additional CCW when he already has a FL. Sorry still not seeing the logic...

Wondering if maybe I'd be better off submitting non-resident Florida CCW. Thanks.

OP obviously HAS a FL CCW already so why are you advocating his getting of a UT ccw for CT? Where's the logic? Oh I see - the renewal is cheaper so he should go and SPEND MONEY and take a UT specific course AND spend money on an additional CCW when he already has a FL. Sorry still not seeing the logic...

Re-read the bolded portions.

I was giving the OP, who is new here, other options besides getting a FL ccw. Most people on here have a non-resident ccw so they can carry when traveling outside of nj. Seeing as how PA is destination for many of us, and our closest free state, having a non-resident ccw that PA accepts seems important.

I guess it could be taken either way but if it is the way I understand it. I was simply offering different advice. Still no reason to delete my post for trying to offer advice. And no reason for your attitude.

Is NJ FID not accepted?

It is not.

Is it because it's a Purchaser card not a carry permit?

That is correct.

Wondering if maybe I'd be better off submitting non-resident Florida CCW. Thanks.

Yes that would work.

CT is a shall issue state in practice. Once you follow their instructions EXACTLY you will not have a problem.