Photo

Amvets in Jackson still going on?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 CAPTAIN

CAPTAIN

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

Wondering if the Amvets Jackson shows are still going on? I think they were on the last Sunday of the month every month. right?
I can't find any info online if they're still happening.

#2 1563621

• LocationToms River
  • Home Range:CJR&P & sometimes my old backyard.Ronald Reagan had a vision of America. Barack Obama has a vision of Barack Obama." ~ Thomas Sowell `~

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

this sunday. asbury park press.

#3 Njbanshee

Njbanshee
  • Home Range:Central jersey

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

My buddy has a table there. He is going tomorrow. I might stop by.

#4 Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo
  • LocationMorris County

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

What could I expect to find at this show?

Rizzo: "My wife's up there (on the roof) poking around like she knows what the fu*k she's doing, I fired her ass off onto the fu*kin car."

Rizzo: "GET BRETT WEIR I SAID!!!!"

Rizzo: ''350 pieces?  What the fu*k you talkin bout, im talkin pounds baby, pounds!''

Frank is only the forum name..  a few know me as "Noodles"

NJ2AS

NRA

Widows Son

#5 ogfarmer

ogfarmer
  • LocationSomerset County
  • Home Range:Easton Fish & Game Association

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

how many tables?
“Nothin' more useless than an unloaded gun. ”

― Tony Soprano

#6 CAPTAIN

CAPTAIN

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

Its pretty small, not a ton of stuff, but if you're fairly local its worth checking out if nothing else going on.
I went once last year, found a good deal on a nice RC K98 Mauser that I had been looking for. Very nice to get the deal done locally instead of going through an online site.
There are no new style guns there, mostly all milsurps and other military items, some ammo.
Butttttt, its the best thing you can find in NJ.

Anyone know what time its open?

#7 blksheep

blksheep
  • LocationOcean County
  • Home Range:CJRPC

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

8 am
GLOCK Certified Armorer
Colt Rifle Armorer

#8 JohnRKC06

JohnRKC06
  • LocationColumbus NJ
  • Home Range:Range 14

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

Can some one give the location & is there a charge to get in ?

#9 Njbanshee

Njbanshee
  • Home Range:Central jersey

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

They only sell older guns. You can find ammo, but at high prices. The best way to describe it, is, a bunch of old timers that have nothing better to do so they gather up a bunch of there collectibles and head down. They but big prices on there stuff because they don't really want to sell. If will pay the big money they will sell.

#10 blksheep

blksheep
  • LocationOcean County

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

Amvets in jackson. Rt. 571...and I think $4 to get in.
GLOCK Certified Armorer
Colt Rifle Armorer

#11 blksheep

blksheep
  • LocationOcean County

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

Just to clarify there are no gun sales there.
GLOCK Certified Armorer
Colt Rifle Armorer

#12 gunguy1960

gunguy1960

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

There will be ammo, 22 and 223.

#13 Regulator72

Regulator72
  • LocationBrick
  • Home Range:Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol Club, TJ Sporting Arms is my FFL of choice

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

They only sell older guns. You can find ammo, but at high prices. The best way to describe it, is, a bunch of old timers that have nothing better to do so they gather up a bunch of there collectibles and head down. They but big prices on there stuff because they don't really want to sell. If will pay the big money they will sell.

I agree, in my opinion it is a waste of 4 bucks, but a good way to kill 10 minutes of your Sunday.... went once with JimmyAGR on our way to CJRPC, wouldn't go back. fishing stuff, clothes, old books, blah..
~ Don ~

#14 CAPTAIN

CAPTAIN

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Found exactly what I needed, a pair of post war p38 mags at a fair price. I went there looking for them in particular, so I'm glad I went.
Very small, plenty of empty tables too. Yes, takes maybe 10 minutes to cruise through.

#15 1563621

• LocationToms River
  • Home Range:CJR&P & sometimes my old backyard.Ronald Reagan had a vision of America. Barack Obama has a vision of Barack Obama." ~ Thomas Sowell `~

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

It is the only one left! For a lousy 4 bucks? Come on you have got to be kidding. Yes, usually I have 2 or 3 tables there. There is no more in NJ. The SP is fucnking with us now! Once it goes away there are no more GUN SHOWS in NJ! Most of those guys are combat vets. The short guy next to my table- anyone who knows me ! Was a retired L. C. In the reserves , special forces in the Nam and has a drawful of those purple things! 30 on howell PD also. So when you talk of the old guys on a few tables, give them some respect, They earned it!

#16 DaveMcL

DaveMcL
  • LocationBrick
  • Home Range:MCRPC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

Missed you the last two shows Dave, hope your feeling well.
See you in April.
Dave

#17 blksheep

blksheep
  • LocationOcean County

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Listen. You aren't gonna find any tacticool guns, or mall ninja stuff for the most part. What you will find is some people there in the twilights of their life with a passion for collecting that are willing to sell their possessions and give you some free great stories. For a $4 dollar donation once a month its worth it for the support you give. For most its that $4 dollar cup of coffee you buy everyday.
GLOCK Certified Armorer
Colt Rifle Armorer

#18 1563621

• LocationToms River

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

Hi Dave, Had surgery, should be back next show. Dave

#19 Shortfuse

Shortfuse
  • LocationBayville

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Hi Dave missed you yesterday hope all is well. Keith

#20 1563621

• LocationToms River

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

Hi Keith, maybe next show! Had surgery. Dave

#21 DaveMcL

DaveMcL
  • LocationBrick
  • Home Range:MCRPC

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:06 PM

Next show Sunday April 23 700 am 1100 am Am Vets Post Rt 571 Jackson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users