iRescue

Chest rigs, plate carriers and 'war belts'

Got my plates a few weeks ago and finally picked up a Carrier.

the new banshee carrier 2.0 is pretty sweet with comfort and functionality. I can fit an extra rifle magazine and 2 pistol mags on each side of the cummerbund with comfort. You can fit many more but they start to crowed out your pit area. I was sent the wrong double pistol mag pouch that i plan to put next to the multi-tool pouch. I threw the knife in the front pocket just to see how it looks, but it's actually pretty convenient.. The vest gives me 5 rifle and 2 pistol mags of easy access, with an addition of 4 pistol mags tucked in the cummerbund ( i can reach by hand but its tireing to get them out). ALL in a very low profile vest.

IMG_20161001_174516.jpg

Side plates as well? I was looking into that setup.

I'm a relatively small build so I skipped the side plates. Besides, the vest is already around 25 pounds loaded. But afaik these are the best plates you can get unless you get ceramics/composite. The fact I don't have to worry about damaging the plates is what sold me on them.

The banshee is also great for smaller framed individuals, very compact minimalist carrier. I think it also helps you keep the weight down by only giving room for the essentials. Unlike many other vests that provide much more room for tacticool stuff. This carrier is literally only the size of the plates.

Other than my 2 pistol mag pouch up front, i'm gonna add a med pack and tourniquet. And put in the hydration camel back.

Hopefully i will be at 30pounds when done. Which is less weight than i carry when hunting. Not to mention my pistol will be on my belt. After long heavy hikes, weight it always in the back of ur mind.

Don't forget HDPE and Boron Carbide plates. It's not all just steel or glass.

They also make hybrid plates with a combo of two or ore materials in layers.

Good point. I forgot to mention all the specifics. It's an inch thick and the price point is $400 for a 12x10 plate. I'll contact ST for more info. While lightweight is nice, I'll take the tradeoff of a heavier plate for more durability.

steel and lightweight shouldn't be used in the same sentence... so heavy compared to real lightweight ceramic setups

My steel plates weigh roughly 6.5lbs EA which is fine by me considering the entire package costed me around $500. They offer an advanced cut that is just over 5lbs, but why sacrifice plate surface for a pound? I wouldnt put the Ar500 lvl III+ plates in the same category as normal steel plates. What ever they did to them saves weight and increases stopping power. I have definitely researched enough pros and cons for all the materials used for plates these days and HE is right,you will always sacrifice some aspect. Even the ceramic plates are more bulky.

You can find durable and light plates, but they literally cost over 500 bucks per plate. This is just an around the house SHTF bug in prep for the zombies when they come knocking. If I was an LEO I would be spending the coin, but chances are this will never see any action, but I have it if I need it.

Got my plates a few weeks ago and finally picked up a Carrier.

the new banshee carrier 2.0 is pretty sweet with comfort and functionality. I can fit an extra rifle magazine and 2 pistol mags on each side of the cummerbund with comfort. You can fit many more but they start to crowed out your pit area. I was sent the wrong double pistol mag pouch that i plan to put next to the multi-tool pouch. I threw the knife in the front pocket just to see how it looks, but it's actually pretty convenient.. The vest gives me 5 rifle and 2 pistol mags of easy access, with an addition of 4 pistol mags tucked in the cummerbund ( i can reach by hand but its tireing to get them out). ALL in a very low profile vest.

IMG_20161001_174516.jpg

just ordered the same carrier, used black friday discount.   should be here tomorrow.  now i need to shop plates. 

I'm a relatively small build so I skipped the side plates. Besides, the vest is already around 25 pounds loaded. But afaik these are the best plates you can get unless you get ceramics/composite. The fact I don't have to worry about damaging the plates is what sold me on them.

The banshee is also great for smaller framed individuals, very compact minimalist carrier. I think it also helps you keep the weight down by only giving room for the essentials. Unlike many other vests that provide much more room for tacticool stuff. This carrier is literally only the size of the plates.

Other than my 2 pistol mag pouch up front, i'm gonna add a med pack and tourniquet. And put in the hydration camel back.

Hopefully i will be at 30pounds when done. Which is less weight than i carry when hunting. Not to mention my pistol will be on my belt. After long heavy hikes, weight it always in the back of ur mind.

what did that set up cost?