Check with your local PD - specifically the person you dealt with in obtaining the permit in the first place. Extensions are solely discretionary - so your local PD may not extend your permit. Also, find out when they want it - some prefer that you bring it in before it expires, others prefer after. In either case the extension is and additional 90 days - for a total of 180 days from date of issue. Some PD's will extend while you wait, others may take several days. Good luck.

Adios,

PIzza Bob

It all depends on your town. When I got mine I asked, because I knew I could not possibly use more than two in 90 days with OGAM and the current 14 day (or more) NICs process. I was told they would be glad to extend them to the full 180 days right there on the spot on day one. Its nice to live in a non-Left leaning town in this state :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By MichaelDiggs
      Hey guys,

I have one more permit left and you know I can't let that go to waste. I was thinking about getting an FN 509 Tactical since I don't have anything like it. I already have a pretty spread out list as it is and don't want to add another bullet size to my purchases all the time. Here is my current inventory:
      Walther PPQ M2 Walther PQ5 Match Smith Wesson 1911 Beretta 92FS Smith Wesson 627 Revolver ( love this one ) H&K VP9 Glock X19 Bravo Company BCM4 - AR15 Rebel Arms - AR15 2 Mossberg Shotguns  
      I use them all at the range and rotate as much as I can. I always bring at least 1 AR and a couple hand guns. The list is in no special order. I like them all, but rarely shoot my 1911 45. Just don't like the feel too much, but want to keep it in my collection. A friend told me that the FN 509 Tactical would fit right into my list of firearms. The price is quite hefty for a polymer, usually $900 local and cheaper online. I was also told to check out Springfields XDS, and Walther CCP I believe it was. I would want a full size 9mm, high quality, and something that would fit into my collection. If you have any recommendations let me know. I'm not against any manufacture.  I did have my eye on the Beretta  APX, which looks great to me. Well thanks fella's. Maybe I'll catch some great recommendations here. Thanks!

• By JHZR2
      Hello,
      Just want to clarify a few things that aren't evident to me procedurally, from my reading other discussions...
      1) Based upon an assumed approval for an extension of permits, the most permits you can request if adhering to a single purchase per 30 days is 5. This allows sequential 30 day buys, i.e. day 1, 31, 61, 91, 121 and 151.  Day 181 is not allowable under any circumstances. That isn't really a question, I believe this is fairly well established.
      2) Given the schedule in #1, what defines day #1?  Is it the day the PD chief signs/approves the permits, or is it the day they are picked up?
      3) If one desired to have an exception to acquire more than one pistol in a 30 day window, does this re-start the 30 day clock for regular purchases?  For example, say I purchased a pistol on day 1, then exercised my exemption to buy more for the purpose of building a collection on, say, day 15.  Since I was buying on the basis of an approved exception, is the next allowable window for a regular purchase day 31 or day 45?
      4) If I had a desire to buy three pistols per #3, say one for range use and two as collectibles, does the exemption list all three, or just the two for the collection?  To make this interesting, as an example, say I wanted to buy an off the shelf revolver, and then an 1800s colt and a 1700s flintlock pistol.  The fact that serial numbers are needed aside, the two that one would buy under exception are the colt and the flintlock.  but to exercise the exception, and acquire a suitable range gun, do all three go on for the exception or just two?  What if they are all from different vendors? 
      5) If there is a collectible that I desire to acquire, and do not desire to request exceptions, is it allowable to purchase the firearm (i.e. nothing precludes you from buying a gun if you do not take possession), have it shipped to my FFL (assuming they are agreeable to holding it), and then pick it up when the clock allows?
      6) Is it best practice to provide the exception request for multiple purchases at the time of initial permit paperwork submission?  Ive seen some posts indicate yes, but others that indicate that procedurally the exemption is different.
      Thanks for your time and insight!
    • By stuckinNJ
      So my PD, like most in the state, can take a few months to issue my pistol permits. My problem is that I like to periodically browse for handguns to purchase. Now, for an online sale, I can buy and have it sit at my FFL until the permit matures.
      The problem for me arises when it comes to a private/face to face sale. If I want to buy and avoid FFL and NICS fees, it would mean that I'd need a pistol permit ready. But since they can take months to process, this is rarely the case. Obviously one solution is to involve a FFL and pay more fees. 
      One other solution is to just apply for pistol permits every 6 months since they are valid for that long (including extension). This way I suppose I could always be ready for a local NJ private sale (and let them expire if I don't find anything I like)... 
      Would there be any legal problems with this? Any other ideas or solutions? What do you do if you like to buy pistols relatively often?

• By robinzon
      Hey all,

I am really busy these days was wondering if anyone has the new Fair lawn permit applications scanned or PDFed somewhere. I have the old packet but it has changed.

thanks
    • By frodfrodfrod
      Hey guys,

My name is Frankie. I am new to firearms all around and I am excited to start my journey into the world of firearms. I am from Monmouth county and I am currently waiting on my FID and Permit so i can purchase my first handgun, the Glock 19. Here is my experience so far with the application process with the Middletown PD:

5/13- Filled out FID and Permit application

5/21- Got fingerprints done

5/23- References received and sent back letter to my PD

5/24- Went into PD and followed up with copy of my finger prints receipt becauseI wasn't sure if I had to bring that back. The women at the desk told me I did not have to however she took my papers and made a copy for their records.

6/7- Called the records department in Middletown PD and kindly asked for an update on my application. The women was very nice and more than happy to check my status. She told me that they had recieved all my paper work a couple days ago and that they are processing them at the moment. I am hopeful that they will be done soon. A couple of my buddies have told me that my PD is fairly quick so my fingers are crossed!!