Sludog

Bought two guns today, NICS checks up to 17-21 day wait.

I have 3 pistols bought & paid for sitting at my FFL.  I will need to get a 3 month renewal on 2 of my 3 permits at this point.  If NICS wait time keep getting worse, I may even lose my last P2P and have to reapply for more...

jack- i almost ran into the same problem. i had my last renewed permit about to expire. i had to call the njsp nics unit and they rushed it. sounds like nics checks are really getting backed up.

I don't understand how everybody is waiting this long?

I go to my usual FFL and its literally only 12-14 days.

Not rubbing it in but, I'm serious. Also he did tell me that pistols might be a little longer waiting time. Hopefully that won't be the case for mine.

I thought NICS did approvals in order in which they were received. I'm seeing people have been approved days after mine was submitted. Not fair.

I don't understand how everybody is waiting this long?

I go to my usual FFL and its literally only 12-14 days.

Not rubbing it in but, I'm serious. Also he did tell me that pistols might be a little longer waiting time. Hopefully that won't be the case for mine.

only 12-14 days this state is pathetic

PA. Better, cheaper, faster

Except if you want a pistol.

This is working itself out.  Maryland is up around 60 days, so things are not as bad as they can be.

Nics are done on the basis they came in.  It may take a day or two longer, however if your nics is taking longer than usual, it is likely the shop not calling you back, or your paperwork was lost.

Getting yourselves, friends, and family out to vote in November will change this.  Bombarding Senate President Sweeney with phones calls to move along Governor Christie's Supreme Court picks.  That is how things will change fellas!

Getting yourselves, friends, and family out to vote in November will change this. Bombarding Senate President Sweeney with phones calls to move along Governor Christie's Supreme Court picks. That is how things will change fellas!

I don't think this would of played ANY differently, no matter who was there.

Supply and Demand. Post Newtown, the volume of nics checks, guns purchased, FID's applied for, increased exponentially. Meanwhile, there is still a hiring freeze I believe for state police. Unlike a private business, they can't just go out there and hire more people. It took some time, but they did hire more people, and the backlog is coming down quickly.

As per SP, they were looking to be caught up within the month. The way things are heading, I think they will be.

Speaking with my local PD, the number of applications for permits and new FID's is also slowing.