Sign in to follow this  
Plasma133

Ruger 10/22 legality question

Hello everyone, 

I've been on this site for months now and I'm interested in buying the new Ruger 10/22 takedown with the threaded barrel and flashhider to add to my collection. So my question is, is this rifle legal to own in the state of New Jersey? I understand that it only has 10 round magazines. No pistol grip is on this firearm. And so I feel that this rifle is legal, but I would like a group opinion.

http://www.impactguns.com/ruger-1022-takedown-22lr-threaded-barrel-and-flash-hider-10-rnd-mag-11112-736676111121.aspx

http://www.ruger.com/products/1022Takedown/specSheets/11112.html

Respectfully,

Plasma133

Legal! If you put change the stock to a pistol grip the flash hider needs to come off.. and a break needs to be welded on or a thread protector.

Interesting, I have a stock KelTec SU16-CA (CA= California legal) which has a threaded barrel with thread protector. So what you are saying it as long as there is no other “evil features” like the PG I could add a FH or brake without having it welded, correct?

Edit:

added -without having it welded

A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor: that's one evil feature. So AFAIK, you can have a threaded barrel and put anything non-permanent on the end except a sound suppressing device..

You only meet the criteria for one of the listed items which is number 4 on the list.