Really like my sog but you need to order the kydex/whatever plastic sheath the one it comes with blows and doesn't allow you to securely mount it to anything

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

Really like my sog but you need to order the kydex/whatever plastic sheath the one it comes with blows and doesn't allow you to securely mount it to anything

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

The one I got from amazon had the kydex sheath with it

Are there any new tomahawk suggestions.  Are throwing tomahawks different than hand-held ones?  Would you want both?   What would you want to look for in a survival tomahawk?  I'm thinking I would want one with a Kydex sheath that is light and one piece as it attaches to the handle.  Would I want one with a spike on one side and/or a hammer?  Any more recent recommendations out there? 

I've been known to throw a pre-1840 period-correct Hawk once in a while.  My Club sells them to the public (both adult and kid-sized) during our Living History Encampments at places like Colliers Mills WMA (during their Outdoor Show).  In fact for a small donation, we teach the public how to throw our hawks!

Dave