Sign in to follow this  
ZekeLuvs1911

UTS or Kel-Tec shotgun legality

I was at the Gun Show in PA. today and had a chance to get up close & personal

with the Adaptive Tactical "Venom" series

I'm not sure if I'm going with the box mag or the drum - but I'm lookin' hard at this

system..................

http://www.adaptivetactical.com/index.php

Wow, I'm surprised. Both have large fixed mag capacity that made me think it was not.

Not to give you a hard time, but did you even try to read the laws or any research at all?  A quick google search would tell you that pump shotguns are not subject to capacity rules.  There are dozens of threads on this very board talking about these guns and owners in NJ (and other people asking the exact same question and getting the same answer)..

More constructively, I have an UTS-15 and it's fun and easy and works great.

agree with blf...the ksg feels more streamlined and i prefer the tube location/bottom loading over the larger bulkier uts..and the little doors on the tubes on the uts seem like something that will break off/possibly cause an issue at the worst possible time

Not to give you a hard time, but did you even try to read the laws or any research at all?  A quick google search would tell you that pump shotguns are not subject to capacity rules.  There are dozens of threads on this very board talking about these guns and owners in NJ (and other people asking the exact same question and getting the same answer)..

More constructively, I have an UTS-15 and it's fun and easy and works great.

Actually, I did. The law was confusing in that a pump shotgun can also be viewed as semi-auto (one shot per trigger pull). I also did a search under the forum. It showed nothing at the time which prompted me to ask.

I was at the Gun Show in PA. today and had a chance to get up close & personal

with the Adaptive Tactical "Venom" series

I'm not sure if I'm going with the box mag or the drum - but I'm lookin' hard at this

system..................

http://www.adaptivetactical.com/index.php

drum fed shotguns are a blast.... I love my Saiga 12... it has a 12 round drum.. 

Actually, I did. The law was confusing in that a pump shotgun can also be viewed as semi-auto (one shot per trigger pull). I also did a search under the forum. It showed nothing at the time which prompted me to ask.

A pump is not viewed as a semi-auto any more than a revolver is viewed as a semi-auto.  Neither even come close to meeting the definition of a semi-automatic firearm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-automatic_firearm 

A semi-automatic, or self-loading, firearm is a weapon that performs all steps necessary to prepare the weapon to fire again after firing—assuming cartridges remain in the weapon's feed device or magazine. Typically, this includes extracting and ejecting the spent cartridge case from the weapon's firing chamber, re-cocking the firing mechanism, and loading a new cartridge into the firing chamber.