I just wanted to put in a good word for RTSP.......I had the pleasure of going up there last week to shoot my stuff and rent a Kel-Tec PLR16.  I found this to be the most modern, best stocked, well run range I've visited in NJ.  Once their expansion is completed I'll be taking the 1.5 hour ride up there to check it out again.

I'd been looking for a Glock Blue Label dealer to purchase a Gen4 G35.  Most of these guys were not stocking G35's, just the hot LE models.  I went to the GSSF event in Jackson in June to ask the Glock rep for a recommendation where to purchase.  He told me RTSP had just been approved and to contact them.  I spoke to Peter there, got the info, and committed to buy my G35.  Now, it's in stock and when my P2P finally comes in, I'll go up there to get it.  I only wish these guys were closer.

I really feel this is the go-to LGS.  They have a large inventory of guns, accessories, classroom courses, and a nice (soon to be much larger ranger) range.  I only wish I had a piece of the business!

I just wanted to get this out.  I'm not the kind of person who gives praise too easily, but when I see something good, I talk about it.

I live in Monroe Township, and I've been to the local ranges around here. Mixed experiences...none truly negative, but nothing impressive I thought.   I went there because I had spoken to them about the Glock GSSF purchase program....GSSF members are allowed to purchase 1 gun a year at special pricing, but can only get them from a Blue Label dealer.  Every single other program dealer I called in New Jersey didn't have a g35 program gun, didn't stock them and had no intention to stock them.  When I started trying to get one, Glock was backordered 1.4 Million guns and said special orders would take somewhere around 18 months or more to deliver. They were the only place interested in my business.

As for the travel time, maybe I exaggerated (seemed like forever), but it was well over an hour to get there.  I went up to check out the place and look at my G35 while I wait for the darn P2P....plus I wanted to check out a Kel Tec PLR16....they were the only ones to list it as a rental...When I pick up my gun, I'm going to try a Kriss Vector!

So now ya got my life story........

Funny I went up there looking for a gun I was less than impressed but the place is under renovation when it is done it should be nice, I hope so I live about 40 min away.  Anyhow the sales guys where ok but I asked them to order me some stuff and they where not interested I had cash in hand.  I also wanted to try out 2 guns that I was interested in buying they had retails of them and there prices where not great but I was going to get them anyhow.  I asked if I could rent range time and try about 10 shots in each.  Basically no is the answers I had to rent them for an hour on top of it I had to buy boxes of there ammo at $30 a box and pay for range time! 

Basically it would of ran me over $100 to just try out the two guns then to have the pleasure paying a high prince price for them.  Now don't get me wrong I don't mind paying a small premium but I don't want to have bad service and get ripped off every which direction. Basically I walked out and am going to buy them somewhere else.  I also wanted to order a CZ they told me an 18 month wait and really they didn't want ot order it they had the compact there but nothing else.  They where obviously not interested in selling it to me I called another dealer he called me back 1 hours later and can get it in less than a week, Sold.  These guys up there just appear to be in the market of getting as much cash as they can, I hope I just had a bad experience but I will not be buying anything there I rather drive 1.5 hours down to a store near you I like.  Funny how that works.   

Funny I went up there looking for a gun I was less than impressed but the place is under renovation when it is done it should be nice, I hope so I live about 40 min away. Anyhow the sales guys where ok but I asked them to order me some stuff and they where not interested I had cash in hand. I also wanted to try out 2 guns that I was interested in buying they had retails of them and there prices where not great but I was going to get them anyhow. I asked if I could rent range time and try about 10 shots in each. Basically no is the answers I had to rent them for an hour on top of it I had to buy boxes of there ammo at $30 a box and pay for range time!

Basically it would of ran me over $100 to just try out the two guns then to have the pleasure paying a high prince price for them. Now don't get me wrong I don't mind paying a small premium but I don't want to have bad service and get ripped off every which direction. Basically I walked out and am going to buy them somewhere else. I also wanted to order a CZ they told me an 18 month wait and really they didn't want ot order it they had the compact there but nothing else. They where obviously not interested in selling it to me I called another dealer he called me back 1 hours later and can get it in less than a week, Sold. These guys up there just appear to be in the market of getting as much cash as they can, I hope I just had a bad experience but I will not be buying anything there I rather drive 1.5 hours down to a store near you I like. Funny how that works.

Welcome to the forum...? :wacko:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm pretty new to the shooting sports and have only been to a few ranges but they all want you to purchase their ammo when you rent. This includes one i went to in Kentucky. That's the policy don't like it don't shoot/rent there.

I also can't see how it would have cost "over $100" unless you were renting 2 different caliber guns. The rental fee allows you to switch within caliber so the cost with tax wouldn't come to more than $70. I know because I rented a few times there prior to becoming a member.

I just stopped in yesterday for some range time. I have not been there in a while. The expansion they did is very nice. More ports, more counters, expanded rental selection, a huge training facility, and they might have the largest selection of guns in stock in NJ. They have a lot of guns! Good job guys and good luck.

I'm pretty new to the shooting sports and have only been to a few ranges but they all want you to purchase their ammo when you rent. This includes one i went to in Kentucky. That's the policy don't like it don't shoot/rent there.

I also can't see how it would have cost "over $100" unless you were renting 2 different caliber guns. The rental fee allows you to switch within caliber so the cost with tax wouldn't come to more than $70. I know because I rented a few times there prior to becoming a member.

easily could be over $100..   rental fee, lane fee, targets, ammo..  over $100.. you will most likely not shoot 1 box of ammo, so that's $50+ right there (assuming 2 boxes)..   when i rented from SS, i spent about $125 on renting 1 gun.  granted i got 3 boxes of ammo, and that was before it was $40/box at the ranges..

easily could be over $100..   rental fee, lane fee, targets, ammo..  over $100.. you will most likely not shoot 1 box of ammo, so that's $50+ right there (assuming 2 boxes)..   when i rented from SS, i spent about $125 on renting 1 gun.  granted i got 3 boxes of ammo, and that was before it was $40/box at the ranges..

$10 gun rental $40 ammo $20 port fee. I can tell if I like a firearm in 10 rounds so I could try 5 with one box and I am putting a high price tag on the ammo.

Target $2

i guess i shot more because they only had one available 9mm to try when i went (others were being used elsewhere).. i just remember paying well over $100 when i went and rented a gun..  probably would have been less had i got one less box of ammo..  and maybe the prices of rentals and lanes were more at the range i went to (rentals were $20 and $25 port fee)...  that said, i dont go to that range anymore..

Love RTSP shot there last night brought the AK, AR, Glock 19,& 27. It was busy had to wait a little while for a rifle port, I'm a member and can jump ahead of non members for a port also. Glad to see them doing well, not surprised its a great range run by great people.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!