Jag07

Which 45 acp would you choose?

Which 45 would you buy? be cause I know I can't decide.  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which 45 would you choose?

• Para USA Expert 14.45
    • Springfield Loaded 1911 Parkerized
    • FNH FNX 45
    • Ruger SR1911
    • Sig Sauer 1911 Nitron rail

Been trying to start a poll. I don't think I'm doing it right. but I'm wondering the exact question of the title. 

Which 45 acp would you choose? Because I don't know which to get anymore.

Sig Sauer 1911 Nitron Rail

Springfield Loaded 1911 Parkerized

Para USA Expert 14.45

FNH FNX 45 +/- tactical

Ruger SR1911

If this is for defensive use, only the FNH out of the choices you listed.

If this is for recreational use, I would take the Springfield because it would be the best base gun for a custom build in the future.

If this is for digging a hole, propping open a door or hitting someone on the head with a heavy chunk of steel, the Para would work great. 

If this is for digging a hole, propping open a door or hitting someone on the head with a heavy chunk of steel, the Para would work great.

Wow, this is some Para hate. Are they really of that poor of quality and functionality?

Wow, this is some Para hate. Are they really of that poor of quality and functionality?

The early Para's didn't have the best reputation, but since they moved to the US I haven't read much negative about them. I know two people that shoot them competitively - Andy B from the board (you may want to pick his brain via a PM) - I believe his is a single stack. And another fellow I know shoots a double stack Para in IDPA - recently moved up to Sharpshooter with it. I don't recall either of them having any problems with their guns. Everybody has to hate something - I'm guessing it's the Kimber owners hating on the Para's :icon_rolleyes:

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Casual Shooter
      ·         M&P 45 Compact 4” Barrel with Night Sights
      ·         Stainless Steel Barrel and Slide
      ·         Five (5) Magazines
      ·         Apex Enhanced Trigger Kit (original S&W trigger parts included in the package)
      ·         Original S&W case, manual and three backstraps
      ·         Excellent condition
               $390.00
      Located near Morristown. RTSP in Randolph preferred FFL but will travel a reasonable distance to your FFL for transfer. Buyer responsible for transfer fees. The first to post “I’ll take it” wins the sale. Please follow up with PM to confirm.
      Thanks for looking.

• By Casual Shooter
      ·         M&P 45 Full size 4.5” Barrel with Night Sights
      ·         Stainless Steel Barrel and Slide
      ·         Five (5) Magazines
      ·         Apex Enhanced Trigger Kit (original S&W trigger parts included in the package)
      ·         Additional Storm Lake Performance Ported Stainless Steel 5.3” Barrel
      ·         Extra Grip Frame Tool pin with lanyard attachment
      ·         Original S&W case, manual and three backstraps
      ·         Excellent condition
      $420.00
      Located near Morristown. RTSP in Randolph preferred FFL but will travel a reasonable distance to your FFL for transfer. Buyer responsible for transfer fees.
      The first to post “I’ll take it” wins the sale. Please follow up with PM to confirm.
      Thanks for looking.

• By ronmoney29
      Can anyone tell me if this Ruger American Magpul Hunter Bolt Action Rifle is Legal in NJ? Im not sure about the muzzle. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1029983884#carousel-modal-view-item
    • By lostcyborg
      Both of these handguns have literally zero rounds through them. I wish i was lying, these were both random purchases in the past not thinking of use or need. Both come in their respected boxes with everything that came with them. The Canik does come with a tlr-3 just because it fits well and i have a tlr-1 hl on my glock and my walther pdp pro. 
      First pistol is a Armscor M1911 A2 45 ACP. Comes with one magazine.(10rd) $380.00
      Second is a Canik TP9SF Elite 9mm Comes with Two Magazines(10rd) $370.00
      Cash/Paypal Sorry no trades. All transfers made via NJ FFL. All local laws apply. Buyer pays transfer fees at FFL. My FFL Is Louie GS In Secaucus(I live in bergen co)
      Prices are final and non negotiable. 
      First Come first serve(I’ll take it) will update as needed. 

• By crazyboy
      Cleaning out some unused gear.
      Everything listed is in new condition.  Purchased to try on, and never left the house.  Unfortunately it is past the return time frame.
      Located in Ocean County, but would prefer to ship due to scheduling.  Will ship via USPS Priority Mail, Flat Rate Padded Envelope at no charge.  Don't hesitate to make reasonable offers.  
      The first person to say I'll take it to a particular item gets it.

Item 1 - 
      Vedder Holsters Rapid Tuck
      IWB Hybrid Holster
      Right Handed
      Fits Sig P365 with TLR6 attached.
      Steel Spring Clip for 1.5" Belts
      Hand Molded Kydex and Cowhide.
      Sells for $69 plus shipping, looking to get $59.  

Item 2 - 
      Vedder Holsters Quick Draw
      OWB Hybrid Holster
      Right Handed
      Fits Sig P365 with TLR6 attached.
      Belt openings fit belts up to 1.75"
      Hand Molded Kydex and Cowhide.
      Sells for $79 plus shipping, looking to get $69.  

Item 3 -
      Alien Gear Shape Shift 
      Springfield XD9SC Shell
      Alien Gear Shape Shift OWB Slide Holster
      Right Handed
      Sells for $63 plus shipping, looking to get $52.  

Item 4 -
      Alien Gear Single Cloak Mag Carrier
      9mm/.40
      Fits XD9 Mags, unsure what other mags are designed to fit.
      Convertible between IWB and OWB.  
      Sells for $41 plus shipping, looking to get $30.  

• Sorry, both are SPF.  Being picked up this week. Win M22  22 LR SPF to Ringwoodfrank.
    • Yup I see. Looks like right now you can only purchase the 2023-2024 permit still. I assume won't be able to purchase 24-25 season permit until July.
    • Just a heads-up for anyone who might also be in this situation. I joined USLS mid-April of 2022. Some time after renewing for 2023, I changed email providers, and dutifully reflected my new address on my account page. So, I have been anticipating renewal alerts at my new address, but those never arrived. I logged in to my account the other day, and was surprised to see that my subscription expired that same day. I went to my account main information page, confimed that my email address was correct, then went to the billing page, which showed my previous two payments, but which did not give me any apparent way to pay up for the new year. I requested support using the Customer Service form on the web site, but received no reply. Today I called their support number. Apparently changing the email address from my view of my account page did nothing to change the address that they use internally for billing purposes, including expiration notifications. Maybe they also use that address for replies to the support form, even if a different email address is entered there. Also, my account was set up to auto-renew and charge my credit card without my intervention, but that setting did not show on my account page in any obvious way. So, if you have USLS and have changed your email address since you last renewed, you might want to give them a call to ensure that they send renewal information to your correct address. The prospect of having legal coverage lapse while carrying in NJ was, for me, a less that confidence inspiring experience. I will note that the telephone-based customer service was excellent.