ryan_j

Will a Government shutdown halt NICS and permits?

Still not true. Get your facts straight. It's 3 days from a "delayed" response, not three days from the onset of a NICS check. And no..I don't know of any ffl that will release a gun after 3 days following a delayed response. I wouldn't

+10

Here is why

According to federal law nics has 3 days to deny you. On the 4th day the ffl can release the gun to the customer. You won't find shops doing that in nj but in other states it's common practice. The last thing they want is everyone being able to buy guns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NO its 3 days from the pending. not from the time you submit. Dont care if its in NJ or Georgia. If that were the case then everyone in NJ would have had there gun released after 3 days when we had the 21 day nics delay

It's a common misconception that NICS was implemented for background investigations of firearm transactions. It was not, the federal NICS system was adapted to meet the more recent requirements of the Brady Law.

By The Way, Please Visit My Shop On The Web at http://www.plumstedarms.com

Thank You

Didnt the NRA support this part of the Brady BIll?