Sign in to follow this  
oldguysrule649

Mossberg Parts - Havlin Sales and Service

Thought I would share this resource.  Had an excellent experience purchasing Mossberg replacement parts from Havlin Sales and Service.  www.havlinsales.com.

They specialize in replacement parts for Mossberg, especially old models.

Was able to purchase magazines(no longer on lengthy backorder, yea), new trigger guard, and red&white colored safety buttons for my 39 year old Mossberg 144-LSB 22LR rifle.

Spoke to them on Monday, arrived at my home today.

While I was at it, I also obtained a replacement metal safety slide for my new Mossberg 590 shotgun.  Figured it would be good to keep on hand for when the original eventually(?) breaks.

regards,  Art

I'm restoring a M44-US a and I'm missing the original 7 round mag. They have it, not sure if original.

I'm ordering tomorrow. I stumbled upon their website about two weeks ago while doing research prior to starting the project and here I see others in the forum had a great experience.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By PD2K
      Saw this on Slickguns aka gun.deals. Pretty sweet deal if you're in the market for a Mossberg 590 Shockwave. $325 shipped use coupon code: MEF
      https://www.brownells.com/firearms/shotguns/pump/590-shockwave-12-ga-14-bl-syn-sku100024340-104605-201206.aspx
    • By sinjin
      Okay, I'm getting pumped for Black Friday and figured I could use some help from the community on setting my expectations for the kinds of deals I'm likely to see.  Here's a list of stuff I'm in the market for... would appreciate some feedback on what stores I should be looking at and what kind of pricing to look for for each item.

1.  a basic Ruger 10/22 (to teach the kiddos)
      2.  a fire-rated 10-24 gun size safe
      3.  a Walther PPQ M2 5" in 9mm (hard to find in stock lately)
      4.  a Mossberg 590A1 shotgun (missed the recent deal at PSA)

• By oldguysrule649
      Hoping to get some guidance.  (Did already search the forums.).   Have owned a 22LR rifle and pistol for many years.  After cleaning the firearms, the inside of the barrels always looked very clean and shiny/spotless.  Recently purchased a Mossberg 590(#50668); my first shotgun  The first time I shot it (25 rounds), I cleaned the barrel with Hopp's solvent, using bristle brush, patches, etc and finished with a light coat of oil.  As above, barrel ended up looking clean and smooth in the inside.  Went shooting last weekend and shot 82 rounds at the range(variety of 00Buck and slugs).  Tried to clean the gun today and seem to be having a lot more trouble getting the inside of the barrel to be spotless.  In various places, I am not sure if what I see is normal abrasion or I just have not been aggressive enough running solvent and bristle brush through it.

So my question is, what is to be expected?  Should bore always look smooth/shiny after cleaning?  I.e. should I have been even more aggressive(ie more solvent, more brushing, etc.) OR is it normal for what looks like abrasion to appear due to wear from the shot,slugs, etc?

Again, a newbie at shottys, so appreciate any guidance. 

• By cigarsnscotch
      I purchased a Mossberg 500 Cruiser this past Friday. It has a 5+1 capacity and accepts 2 3/4 and 3" shells. So today I took a trip to my parents house to do some shooting out in the back woods and test my new shotgun out. Here's my issue:

I could not get any more than 1 shell in the chamber and 2 in the tube (for a total of 3). It seemed that once I got the first shell in, racked it, the inserted the next two, if I tried to insert a third the shell seemed to stop. I couldn't figure it out but i didn't mess with it. I just shot a box like that.

this is the first shotgun of my own so I was wondering if you more knowledgeable folks could lend some thoughts or assistance as to why this might have happened?