brocglock23

Time to start a new gun group in NJ???

Just saw on FB that Frank officially stepped down from the NJ2AS. There is another page of about 100 people that are saying "Banned for NJ2A$" So pretty much going to hell in a hand basket if you ask me. So much for sticking together. So.... NJGF.com Gun group???

Lol this forum isn't the place to unite

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

Why not? This forum is how I found out about and joined the NJ2AS. This is a site dedicated to guns, there is a facebook page........ Do you have a suggestion? Renewing my membership to the NJ2AS was on my list of things to do with this weeks pay check but things look shaky so I was curious what other peoples thoughts were. This isn't an anti-NJ2AS thing.

This isn't an anti this forum think either. This is a great place for people who are like minded to get together but there are way to many different opinions here for us all to get along :)

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

Even if it holds together, after seeing how easy NJ2AS was divided I decided I will not be renewing my membership that I have had for several years. Remember to win you must divide and conquer, and I hate being on the loosing team

Does that mean you are going to sell your guns? Please post them in the marketplace. However, I'd like first crack at the revolvers!!

Just kidding.

Oddly I was at the booth at the GSOSS yesterday and no one mentioned it. I, too, am curious why he stepped down. I like NJ2AS and hope that they don't go away. They seem to be the only viable voice in NJ for NJ at this point. Also, with the Christie debacle the timing couldn't be worse. I fear that we, as firearms owners, are in for a tough haul in the next couple of years.

C

Don't know where all this is coming from. Frank announced awhile ago that he was stepping down so he can dig more deeper into issues instead of spending too much time behind a computer. If you got his notice, you'd know that. They are not going anywhere as far as I know, so please don't spread rumors. Correct me if I'm wrong. But this kind of stuff is what destroys unity...

Sent from my iPhone using TT 2 Pro

Anytime there is a group of people like that... There will be problems unless there is the right person running it. How many people complain about this place? Between the market place nobody likes, BLF getting banned, Ray Ray, etc.

Not knocking anyone either. But there will always be drama/problems. Hell, range E Boards are always awful.

NJ2AS lost its purpose Imo.

Why because Frank stepped down to dig deeper in problems? I just don't like people not telling the whole story.

Don't know where all this is coming from. Frank announced awhile ago that he was stepping down so he can dig more deeper into issues instead of spending too much time behind a computer. If you got his notice, you'd know that. They are not going anywhere as far as I know, so please don't spread rumors. Correct me if I'm wrong. But this kind of stuff is what destroys unity...

It's coming from a facebook post on the NJ2as page with Frank stating he is stepping down because some guy named Ron accusing him of being a poor leader and incompetent or something, and nobody defending him.

also in the past couple weeks i've seen facebook pages like " banned by nj2as " pop up, with accusations of member funds being returned for asking particular questions or making statments, and verbally being cursed out by frank over the phone....

.... I havent seen any of this first hand, I cant say how legitimate these accusations are, but there have been enough of them where it should make you think.

Ok, I stand corrected and apologize. This is so wrong though. We will have no representation like we had thanks to all the negative waves thrown at him. Geezus!

Frank has states he will stay on board until a competent leader is found. We will not find anyone else in NJ like frank. I am praying he will change his mind and stay on because without frank, we may not be where we are today. The first year and half I would say was the toughest. The hours we put in to make this organization work was incredible. I almost lost my job and my home life was not the best because if all the time. Spent getting NJ2AS off the ground. I am sure that also goes for frank, bob, and the rest of the board. We also know we are nothing without our members. I am not sure what happened with ron and frank. We always discussed in the beginning that their will be times that we will get tested and this is one of those times. We can't please everyone but we need role members to always believe we have the best interest for the organization as while in every decision that is made. Out members need to stand behind frank now more than ever. I truly believe without him or bob, we would crumble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree Tom.... I will contact him and see if he calmed down... I don't want to see this. I know what it's like to give up your personal life to dedicate it to something so heavily. Been there, done that. In the end, sometimes it's just a thankless effort and I don't like to see that. I'd hope he wouldn't let one or two people set him back. I can only hope he was having a bad day and made a hasty decision.

Well, I'm sure Sen. Weinberg and her cronies from Columbia U are cackling with glee. I don't know what all the drama is about, as I don't have facebook, thankfully. But it's always the case, I see it at CJRPC, and volunteer committees and organizations everywhere. It usually follows the script of some person(s) take initiative and do something, the organization gains momentum and members, and requires a structure for operational or legal reasons. This of course may involve money, and as soon as people donate some money, they expect things to go the way they want to. A dissident faction questions how the money is being spent, and accuses the founders and builders of all sorts of malfeasance and incompetence. Founders leave, along with their allies, and the dissidents rarely step up and actually run things, their specialty is complaining, not actually doing. The organization shambles along for awhile, and mayyyybeeee somoene else steps up and gets things going again. Or not, and the whole thing goes in the dustbin. We'll see how NJ2As weathers this storm. I have more faith in the group and appreciate all the hard work they have done in the past few years

I really hope he changes his mind. I for one think he has been doing a good job, things are not going to change over night, this is an uphill battle and we need to stick together more than ever.

Agreed. I have not been as active as I used to be just because of a new job and 3 young ones. I will make the next meeting in toms river. We are with you frank!

I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean by that? I'm not trying to stir up trouble if that's what you mean but I've said on here quite a few times that this is a perfect place to unite.

Simply this - the guy JUST resigned.  How about we let the waters settle first before throwing the baby out with the bath water?

Well, I'm sure Sen. Weinberg and her cronies from Columbia U are cackling with glee. I don't know what all the drama is about, as I don't have facebook, thankfully. But it's always the case, I see it at CJRPC, and volunteer committees and organizations everywhere. It usually follows the script of some person(s) take initiative and do something, the organization gains momentum and members, and requires a structure for operational or legal reasons. This of course may involve money, and as soon as people donate some money, they expect things to go the way they want to. A dissident faction questions how the money is being spent, and accuses the founders and builders of all sorts of malfeasance and incompetence. Founders leave, along with their allies, and the dissidents rarely step up and actually run things, their specialty is complaining, not actually doing. The organization shambles along for awhile, and mayyyybeeee somoene else steps up and gets things going again. Or not, and the whole thing goes in the dustbin. We'll see how NJ2As weathers this storm. I have more faith in the group and appreciate all the hard work they have done in the past few years

Matty - you must be psychic!

I've been in a large number of organizations...with leadership positions in a few...and you've hit the nail squarely on its head, Matt.

I'm certainly not dialed in on this situation but 2A activism is tepid and fragile in Jersey and this guy has done a lot of work. It sounds like this guy has had some fights with people and a bit of petty telephone douchebaggery. If anybody wants him to know how pissed you are, I'd say Mission Accomplished.

Moving on, the guy didn't punch your wife or hop out of your daughter's window in the middle of the night. We're talking about harsh words and possibly some lack of responsiveness/responsibility. I think we should stop bagging on the guy and let him know we appreciate his hard work and we will support him, and yes, we want less douchebaggery and more responsiveness as well, but let's call a truce and support the organization.

Agreed. I have not been as active as I used to be just because of a new job and 3 young ones. I will make the next meeting in toms river. We are with you frank!

The organization MUST be larger than Frank (or any ONE man) if it is to have any staying power.  Similar to the founding of this country, the reason George Washington refused to serve more than two terms was that he wanted the people to understand that the Country was larger than he, and that the people did NOT need a "king" as it was contrary to the overall intent of the revolution and the establishment of these United States.

Frank has done a great job of establishing NJ2AS.  Just as in business, there are entrepreneurs who start businesses, and they're GREAT at starting businesses, but once the business is running, they're no longer challenged and interested, it's time for them to sell what they established and do another start up.  By the same token, there are other business men and women who can't start a business but can take one that is started and make it evolve, refine and grow further.

In my opinion, it's time for an evolver and a refiner to fine tune NJ2AS.

My two cents, without airing dirty laundry.