ogfarmer

S600 Title: Reduces lawful maximum capacity of certain ammunition magazines in New Jersey to 5rds

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2014/Bills/S1000/600_I1.HTM

STATEMENT

This bill revises the definition of “large capacity ammunition magazine” to reduce the number of rounds of ammunition a legal magazine may hold in this State.

Under current law, it is unlawful to own or possess an ammunition magazine that is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition.

This bill would reduce the maximum capacity of a legal ammunition magazine in New Jersey to five rounds.

Followed by Kali with 3.

NJ would be in 3rd place then, so someone will have to suggest 2 or 1 round limits.  Those with double barrel shotguns will have to permanently render unusable the second barrel on their evil 28" barreled assault double barrel shotgun passed down from their grandfather.

Or even better, a no magazine law.  You must hand load every round.  Doesn't matter that some retarded state mandated magazine safeties and the guns won't work without a mag installed, all magazines are banned.  And once something like that passes, maybe all non-approved magazines [literature] can finally be limited and banned, too!

Maybe we have a bit more time. If he just started his 2nd term in 2014, he will be here until Jan 2018. If he is the next president, then doesn't the deputy governor take over for the last year of the term? The new laws will all be passed in mid 2018, all of them guaranteed with no grandfathering. So, we need to be out of nj by June 2018.

Maybe we have a bit more time. If he just started his 2nd term in 2014, he will be here until Jan 2018. If he is the next president, then doesn't the deputy governor take over for the last year of the term? The new laws will all be passed in mid 2018, all of them guaranteed with no grandfathering. So, we need to be out of nj by June 2018.

I don't know the procedure, but it was stated that the LT Governor does not take over. I don't understand why, makes sense that that would be the procedure.

Also, it isn't just the last year. It has been reported that if CC runs, he will have to step down next year in order to raise money from Wall Street. He can't be governor and receive donations from companies that do business with the state.

I just searched wiki, which has the information on the changes passed to the nj state constitution which is why the new lt-gov was created (nj was the only state without some sort of deputy). Even in the past due to the Whitman appoint or the mcgrevy debacle, there are not any special elections for nj gov. Kim would be governor for the rest of the term. So we are good until mid 2018.

Same crap Cryan introduced last year

What a corrupt piece of lard. After all the lies, sex scandal and abuse of state resources, one would think he would be kicked out of his office but, fortunately for him, NJ has great perks for corrupt politicians.

So, we need to be out of nj by June 2018.

Perfect...my youngest graduates from Warren Tech in June 2017 and we plan to be in the FL Keys by Jan 1, 2018. He wants to go to culinary school in Miami so we'll be moving down there as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but wouldn't a 5 found limitation go against the SCOTUS definition of banning weapons in common usage?  What about all the revolvers and shot guns out there that can hold more than 5 rounds.  Maybe a limitation law enacted and fought up to the SCOTUS could end up eliminating them all across the country.  Granted, I'd rather the test case not be NJ.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but wouldn't a 5 found limitation go against the SCOTUS definition of banning weapons in common usage?  What about all the revolvers and shot guns out there that can hold more than 5 rounds.  Maybe a limitation law enacted and fought up to the SCOTUS could end up eliminating them all across the country.  Granted, I'd rather the test case not be NJ.

+1,000

I think the point of this bill is to make the 10 round limit bill seem more palatable.

God forbid we have a Fort Hood incident here, well be saying that the new 1 round limit bill will be so that the 2 round limit will be more palatable.

I think "common use" is going to be the next wave of litigation after CCW. I heard on NPR just today (yes, I still listen) that the judge in the Tresmond case struck down the 7 round limit. Was that based on common use? I would think that a one feature AWB test violates common use, because it bans anything remotely resembling the most popular rifle in the US.

On a side note, the NPR piece was about the looming "assault weapon" registration deadline in NY and how even the people who want to register can't figure out how. The state police refused to be interviewed, and they said that Cuomo isn't talking about it. They also said that violation of the registration requirement is a (presumably expungeable) class A misdemeanor, and it's unlikely anyone will be prosecuted unless they're caught in the commission of a crime. This is from NPR. Interesting.