Sign in to follow this  
MidwestPX

Complete Uppers are In Stock

xmmv08.jpg
Click to order

Finally got around to getting uppers test fired and released for sale. All of our uppers are test-fired prior to being made available to ensure function before leaving our hands. As such, the uppers are a little dirty and may show minor handling marks as well as brass on the shell deflector. Some more info about the individual parts that were selected for the builds follows:

Barrels

The uppers released today are all built with Centurion Arms hammer forged barrels made by FN. These barrels are chambered in 5.56, have M4 feedramps, and an extra thick chrome lining for extended service life. 1:7 twist to stabilize even the heaviest/longest bullets that can be loaded to magazine length in an AR15. These barrels are finished with a milspec phosphating.

Handguard

Fortis REV free float handguards were chosen for these uppers because they are extremely light without compromising strength. The Key Mod system is integrated on the three and nine o'clock sides while traditional picatinny rails are at twelve and six. At the front of the handguard on both sides is a small section of picatinny rail for accessory attachment. Two rotation-limited QD sockets are on each side, one at the front and one at the rear, for a total of four QD points on the handguard. Fortis REV rails have tons of features and deliver outstanding value.

Upper receiver

Cerro Forge 7075 forgings are machined for us by the same machine shop that runs Troy and Ruger upper receivers then milspec hardcoat anodized. These uppers have M4 feedramps to match the barrel extensions on the Centurion Arms barrels. T-markings are laser engraved. The PX mark is also laser engraved and is on the tail end of the receiver, right over where the charging handle rests and is covered by a BUIS.

BCG

The heart of the upper receiver, I decided to go with our Enhanced line of BCGs which has all the features of our standard BCG (9310 MPI bolt, 8620 chrome-lined carrier, chrome-lined gas key, machined tool steel extractor, milspec phosphating) but with a Mcfarland-style one piece gas ring and a Sprinco extra power extractor spring. Both parts further enhance reliability of operation.

Charging Handle

This is our standard charging handle made of billet 7075 aluminum by a contract machine shop in Minnesota. If you would like to upgrade to a Rainier Arms Raptor, please contact me to make arrangements.

Well, that wouldn't be complete then, would it? ;)

We offer barreled receivers built with our forged receiver and 4140CM 1:8 midlength barrel: http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=52_93&products_id=741

You make a good point and I stand corrected!  Already have a handguard and just doing some research on uppers.  Thanks for the link, going to check it out.

You make a good point and I stand corrected!  Already have a handguard and just doing some research on uppers.  Thanks for the link, going to check it out.

Just bustin' your chops a little. :) We may have some more variety in barreled receivers soon depending on our suppliers.

Odin barrels came in today so I had to get an upper built. The picture doesn't do it justice and I can't wait to get out and shoot it. These 3-Gun barrels are a great deal, IMO. $275.50 is what we sell the barrels for and they come with the gas tube and gas block along with a 1MOA or better guarantee.

2n158ud.jpg

This one is built off a Midwest PX forged upper with a 14" Centurion CMR. BCG is a WMD Guns NiB-X full-auto BCG with a Rainier Arms Raptor charging handle. This one is my personal upper now which is why it's got an AAC flash hider to accommodate my suppressor.

The concept behind this particular build is to be an SPR-type build. 18" 416 SS barrel for accuracy and slightly longer range than a 14.5 or 16" barrel but in a profile that's light enough to carry for extended periods of time. The barrel weighs less than 2.2lbs. In that vein, I chose a Centurion CMR handguard to keep weight down without compromising function. I won't lie...the CMRs are pricey but when you use one, you see where the money went. It's light but strong and has QD points for sling swivels on both sides (front and rear) as well as setup for modular accessories (available separately). If you have a castle nut spanner wrench, you can use that for the barrel nut. Anyone who's talked to me on the phone about handguards can tell you how much I hate needing special tools for handguards because you frequently have to buy them separately (there's another $20-100 depending on brand) and then if you want to work on your gun, you have to keep them around. Anyhow, I'm a big fan of the CMR even in light of it's heavier price tag relative to some other offerings.