Howard

My Rant of the day on mag limits bill A2006/S993

So who thinks CC is going to wait until July 3rd at 5:30 pm until he acts on this bill?

If he is going to veto, that would be the most likely scenario.  Dump it in the Friday (and holiday) trash. :D

Otherwise, I think he is going to let it lapse into law. If he really wanted the bill, I think he'd have signed it into law by now...

I think that if he vetoed it on or around the 4th and tied it in with Independence day it would be awesome.  Think about the media coverage and how real America would respond to that - they would love him for it.  Now normally i am a very optimistic person, but i unfortunately feel that this is going to slip on in and become law. 

I really hope he proves me wrong,  but my gut keeps telling me otherwise.  its a topic that has gotten so twisted and no politician wants to deal with it.  My hope is that common sense prevails and that the Gov remembers that we have our rights and that feel good laws dont serve anyone any good.  

I dont post up here often but I read up on here a ton, but i just received an NRA-ILA e-mail stating that Gov. Christie vetoed! Has anyone else received this? I know this is not the end of hearing from gun grabbers. But we still should thank the Gov!

I dont post up here often but I read up on here a ton, but i just received an NRA-ILA e-mail stating that Gov. Christie vetoed! Has anyone else received this? I know this is not the end of hearing from gun grabbers. But we still should thank the Gov!

looks like you would be correct, thanks for the update

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/07/christie_vetoes_gun-contol_bill_to_reduce_size_of_ammunition_magazines.html#incart_river

Yup, just got the email @ 5:14

here you go Codey said. “I’m not surprised that he did it late in the afternoon, close to a holiday weekend.”, But yet it is perfectly acceptable when these guys wait to the last minute every year to pass a State budget.... BTW Codey, tomorrow is a normal business day

One last phone call needed!

I urge everyone to make one more phone call to the governor's office tomorrow and thank him for his well thought out veto. Show him we appreciate it!

He cannot. WE need to show our force and have someone introduce *reasonable" bills. And then continue the force and let politician know that they should pass those bills. THEN he can sign them.

For some reason, the NJ Firearms community seem to unite under threat only.  There is very little unity in going on offense and pushing few pro bills.

We may also need more Repub candidates in office to get wind behind us.

I was at the point that I believed he would allow it to pass, shocked when told yesterday that he vetoed it ( it shouldn't have taken this long )

I'm mostly surprised that he did not leave it for the absolute last minute. I expected the veto to come this afternoon at 4:29 PM, and for the faux outrage then to become lost in the 4th of July celebrations and the incoming storm.

I also expected him to veto the tax increases at the same time.

So much for me ever becoming a trusted Christie adviser! (That veto statement was pure genius IMO! I'm wondering who's advising him now.)

That bill is dead, it was a Trojan horse but we caught on to it before they could pass it.  They won't change the one word to actually make it help us.

And probably no need to pass it now, since the thing they were trading for is also dead.  :)

Called and left the thank you message with an aide.  Wonder what the other side's next move is gonna be now?

Read today's Star Ledger.  As expected, they aren't going to give up after Christie is gone.  Greenwald and his minions are really on their high horses.  The only real solution is to vote them out.  

Option 3 is the jury box, but good luck getting the other 11 statist jurors to nullify.

I think we have a few options left before the cartridge box becomes necessary. Check out Gun for Hire episode 162 re: recall elections http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/70457-gfh-radio-162-governor-chris-christy-vetos-10-round-bill/

Read today's Star Ledger.  As expected, they aren't going to give up after Christie is gone.  Greenwald and his minions are really on their high horses.  The only real solution is to vote them out.  

Saw that in the News Tribune, too.  It wasn't beating around the bush.  It literally said they would just wait until Christie left and then go at it again with the new governor.

Saw that in the News Tribune, too.  It wasn't beating around the bush.  It literally said they would just wait until Christie left and then go at it again with the new governor.

Didn't see the article, but at that point, why would they settle for a ten round limit? I'll bet they will try for seven, or even five, so they can save even more kids.

hell, at that point why even stop with just the mag cap law, lots of others have been premiered the past 18 months. The shit WILL hit the fan in a few yrs. NJ gunowners have been warned your gonna get screwed, its coming. I can take a hint. Make your plans to leave or learn to deal with whats coming.