My Rant of the day on mag limits bill A2006/S993

• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#391 Downtownv

Downtownv
  • LocationSouthern Ocean Co
  • Home Range:Shooters

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:18 AM

I just called Conners, but I've talked with him before and I know he will vote against it.

Both my assembly voted against it - both Reps. Grove and Rumpf.

I live in a fantastic part on NJ, wish we could succeed from the rest of the dump! :-)

Me too! Ocean County "Gets It!"

• Burns likes this
The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.” The second loudest sound in the world is a “bang” when you were expecting a “click.”

#392 Rob0115

Rob0115
  • LocationMorris County, NJ -- Nassau County, FL
  • Home Range:Woodland Park Range, Cherry Ridge, GRPC, Gun Gallery

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:09 AM

Given the further shift in power the dems can pass this. They can even override a veto at this point.

#393 Downtownv

Downtownv
  • LocationSouthern Ocean Co
  • Home Range:Shooters

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

I know a lot of Union Guys (no Problem with that) that are gun owners, but they vote what they are told and therein lies a lot of the problem, getting the Weinsteins, Greenwalds and Sweeneys over and over and over.

Property taxes is another yet similar problem.

The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.” The second loudest sound in the world is a “bang” when you were expecting a “click.”

#394 CAPTBIL3

CAPTBIL3
  • LocationMonmouth County

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:54 PM

Sadly My Union is supporting Murphy 100%, Even though my Union would like me to vote and support Murphy, I CAN'T in good conscience vote for someone trying to take my rights away that I swore an Oath to protect. I know many LEOs that share this same opinion.

#395 PK90

PK90

NRA Life Benefactor Member

• NJGF Vendor FFL
  • 9,245 posts
  • LocationArizona
  • Home Range:The Desert

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:10 PM

Sadly My Union is supporting Murphy 100%, Even though my Union would like me to vote and support Murphy, I CAN'T in good conscience vote for someone trying to take my rights away that I swore an Oath to protect. I know many LEOs that share this same opinion.

Why not publicly speak out against your union? You'll be surprised at how many others share your opinion.

Sent from an undisclosed location

* * * Estrella Ordnance * * *

#396 Cereza

Cereza
  • LocationMonmouth County, NJ
  • Home Range:GSSC

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:58 PM

I know a lot of Union Guys (no Problem with that) that are gun owners, but they vote what they are told and therein lies a lot of the problem, getting the Weinsteins, Greenwalds and Sweeneys over and over and over.

Property taxes is another yet similar problem.

There's a difference between "voting what you're told" and "voting your own interests." Paying the mortgage and putting food on the table is a priority for a lot of people, not just union workers. But no one is obligated to vote the way their union urges them to anyway, and members should tell reps when they're unhappy with what the executive board is doing. The job of the union is to protect workers, not play footsie with a particular party.

• High Exposure and Zeke like this

(╯°□°)--︻╦╤─ - - - 

If your government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away from you everything you have.” Remember These Things by Paul Harvey © 1952

"…it's never a good idea to cede power to the government simply because you agree with the people wielding it at the moment. Sooner or later, McGirr's book reminds us, your enemy is going to be king of the hill." —Nick Gillespie, reviewing  The War on Alcohol: Prohibition and the Rise of the American State

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users