Purple Patrick

Project "flying purple people eater"

Hey all so I recently picked up a new fun gun in the form of a 10/22 and decided hey let's mod the hell out of it since parts seen to be cheap and everywhere. Fun guns need fun names so I've dubbed it the flying purple people eater.

So far I've got a bsa sweet 22 scope on it and I'm very impressed with it for $50. Mounted it with weaver see thrus that still allow me to see my irons. Got my boyds blaster in today Nd threw it on And it feels REALLY nice in my hands with a perfect cheek weld.

Plans are to bed the stock but in reading that 10/22s can be finicky with that so if anyone has any tips I would appreciate it. I'm looking to throw an er Shaw helical fluted bull barrel on there because they look so good. Other odds and ends I'll be installing soon are extended bolt handle and mag release and a volquestran (spl?) Hammer.

Enjoy

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

this signature exceeds the 15 character count capacity

Take a trip over to rimfirecentral.com, there are at least three to four other vendors out there with products, I feel, meet or exceed the products offered at Volquartzen.  Personally, I like the work by Connecticut Precision Cambering and KIDD products.

Take a trip over to rimfirecentral.com, there are at least three to four other vendors out there with products, I feel, meet or exceed the products offered at Volquartzen. Personally, I like the work by Connecticut Precision Cambering and KIDD products.

I'll check it out thanks. Tactial solutions has a nice bundle pack I've been eyeing

Tac-Sol is kinda like VQ in that their stuff looks a bit better than it performs AND you pay for it.

I've been looking around at this stuff a good bit and the general consensus seems to be tat there are better choices. Kidd, Feddersen, and CPC are currently the names that keep coming up.

However if you are concerned about aesthetics the VQ stuff can't be beat.

C

A few years ago, over on rimfire central there was a guy who was making trigger pins that where threaded in the center --

You would use these trigger pins to run screws through your stock giving you 4 more places in which your receiver is anchored to the stock

Changed the whole dynamics of my 10/22 -- Instead of only being anchored with that 1 bottom mount screw, my receiver is now anchored in 5 places -- the standard screw plus 2 screws on each side of the stock

Much better than stock -- and the best mod I made to my 10/22

I haven't been over to rimfire central for quite some time so I have no idea if that guy is still around but it's definitely worth a look 

And I like the purple...

• Like 1

A few years ago, over on rimfire central there was a guy who was making trigger pins that where threaded in the center --

You would use these trigger pins to run screws through your stock giving you 4 more places in which your receiver is anchored to the stock

Changed the whole dynamics of my 10/22 -- Instead of only being anchored with that 1 bottom mount screw, my receiver is now anchored in 5 places -- the standard screw plus 2 screws on each side of the stock

Much better than stock -- and the best mod I made to my 10/22

I haven't been over to rimfire central for quite some time so I have no idea if that guy is still around but it's definitely worth a look

And I like the purple...

I've read of somethin similar I'll have to look into it more

Got some parts in today. E.r. Shaw helical fluted bull barrel, matching rimfire tac helical bolt handle and a rimfire tac extended mag release. I also bedded the action and barrel Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

That barrel looks great on there. It is a really nice looking setup.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks man. The 2nd I saw that barrel I knew I had to have it. Only ran me $160

That's a sweet looking rig.  Good work.

How did you bed the action?  What did you use?  Did you find it difficult? I am looking to do mine soon even though it shoots pretty stinkin' well. Any snags or issues during the bedding process?

C

That's a sweet looking rig. Good work.

How did you bed the action? What did you use? Did you find it difficult? I am looking to do mine soon even though it shoots pretty stinkin' well. Any snags or issues during the bedding process?

C

Bought the volquartsen pillar kit. Took about 3 minutes to drill the hole, place the pillar and get it all back together. Can't wait to shoot it now I'm hoping for sub 2" groups at 100 yards which would be stellar for my shooting level. I need a bipod now but this weigh is starting to stack up. Anyone have a lightweight bipod suggestion?

That's a sweet looking rig. Good work.

How did you bed the action? What did you use? Did you find it difficult? I am looking to do mine soon even though it shoots pretty stinkin' well. Any snags or issues during the bedding process?

C

Bought the volquartsen pillar kit. Took about 3 minutes to drill the hole, place the pillar and get it all back together. Can't wait to shoot it now I'm hoping for sub 2" groups at 100 yards which would be stellar for my shooting level. I need a bipod now but this weigh is starting to stack up. Anyone have a lightweight bipod suggestion?