I beg to differ ! I consider breaking and entering or a home invasion  a  domestic  act of terrorism. And my interpretation of fearing for my life may differ for yours . 

Burglary = terrorism.  Roger that.

Are you confident that you could articulate to, and convince a jury of your peers, that you "legitimately feared for your life" from someone holding an iPad? Understand that it doesn't merely end with "your interpretation" -- the legal standard is "what would a reasonable person do in a similar situation."  Do reasonable people equate terrorism, with burglary?

IMO, you'll be getting your American Rifleman magazine delivered to the Northern State Prison for the next 30 years.

:blind:

Arthur kill welcome to my blocked list

Fishnut, why block? Granted, Arthur Kill can be extremely annoying with his repetitive nonsense, but entertaining as well if you don't take him serious.

You need to give his comments the same weight and attention you'd give Bloomberg or Shannon Watts.

Although many here don't feel the NRA does the job for NJ they wish it would, I don't believe I've ever heard anyone who was so critical of the NRA that wasn't an anti.

He can protest all he wants, but I think most of us see what we're dealing with here. Take it for what it is and roll your eyes or laugh at the ridiculousness of many of his comments.

A troll is gonna be a troll

I have found that for me personally that blocking certain members here makes for a more enjoyable forum. I'm not a huge fan of the NRA either but I don't go bitching about it in every post and I don't assume that all members here are die hard NRA members. There are certain members here where I do take your approach such as shawn Moore, I like to keep up on all things mountain lion. But in ArthurKills case it's to the blocked list for me, dont worry he won't be lonely there are others there to keep him company. I like to think of it as a Richard cranium list.

• Like 1

I have found that for me personally that blocking certain members here makes for a more enjoyable forum. I'm not a huge fan of the NRA either but I don't go bitching about it in every post and I don't assume that all members here are die hard NRA members. There are certain members here where I do take your approach such as shawn Moore, I like to keep up on all things mountain lion. But in ArthurKills case it's to the blocked list for me, dont worry he won't be lonely there are others there to keep him company. I like to think of it as a Richard cranium list.

What did I say that was so offense/outlandish as to deserve a block?

:think:

Burglary = terrorism.  Roger that.

Are you confident that you could articulate to, and convince a jury of your peers, that you "legitimately feared for your life" from someone holding an iPad? Understand that it doesn't merely end with "your interpretation" -- the legal standard is "what would a reasonable person do in a similar situation."  Do reasonable people equate terrorism, with burglary?

IMO, you'll be getting your American Rifleman magazine delivered to the Northern State Prison for the next 30 years.

:blind:

I told him to stop and he kept approaching me, I felt my life was in danger as he is much larger than me so I fired to stop the threat.

I told him to stop and he kept approaching me, I felt my life was in danger as he is much larger than me so I fired to stop the threat.

Concealed carrier arrested in deadly shooting

DENVER – A man with a license to carry a concealed gun in Colorado claimed he "feared for his life" when he allegedly shot and killed a 53-year-old man.

Despite this, 26-year-old Stefan Bloom was arrested over the weekend for the shooting death of David Edwards in the 3400 block of North Race Street in Denver...murder charge.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2015/03/17/concealed-carrier-arrested-in-deadly-shooting/24933277/

:scratchhead:

Can we please stay on topic. Create a new thread for the chatting maybe.

Oh sorry, I thought this thread concerned "defensive firearm use" as the title implies -- 

maybe it should be changed to "only the aspects of defensive firearm use that I like."

This is a discussion forum, right?  Why would anyone be uptight about defending their ardent ideology...unless it has no defense?

brucin, on 05 Feb 2016 - 4:58 PM, said:snapback.png

Concealed carrier arrested in deadly shooting

DENVER – A man with a license to carry a concealed gun in Colorado claimed he "feared for his life" when he allegedly shot and killed a 53-year-old man.

Despite this, 26-year-old Stefan Bloom was arrested over the weekend for the shooting death of David Edwards in the 3400 block of North Race Street in Denver...murder charge.

http://www.9news.com...oting/24933277/

Did you even read the article? 

Shooting took place outside the home in a neighborhood that has shot detection microphones installed. They do not install those in desirable neighborhoods. This most likely was a drug deal gone bad.

This has nothing to do with the situation in my original post which is an intruder in the home. Any intruder that enters a locked home is a threat to the occupants of that home. The women who entered her home even though she thought there might be an intruder used questionable judgement.

Oh sorry, I thought this thread concerned "defensive firearm use" as the title implies --

maybe it should be changed to "only the aspects of defensive firearm use that I like."

This is a discussion forum, right? Why would anyone be uptight about defending their ardent ideology...unless it has no defense?

Arthur it is not directed at you but everyone. The thread is links of defensive firearm use. Other discussion should be in a new thread to keep this one as intended.

"Concealed carry permits help police officers, civilians stay in the fight" http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/02/15/concealed-carry-permits-help-police-officers-civilians-stay-in-fight.html

"In the past month, criminals have murdered six police officers in the line of duty. The number might have been eight if not for the actions of two concealed handgun permit holders."

Probably only because a NJ man was one of the attackers and NJ.com wants the poor thing to get some sympathy from the public because a real man did the right thing defending himself and someone else.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.