n4p226r

what mods have you done to your glock?

100% following this thread and Im predicting all types of answers will be seen from "just add ammo" to various connectors, springs, etc.

I cannot pick mine used G19 up until 6/28, but I already know i don't like the stock trigger so the following will be done....

-Ghost Edge 3.5 connector

-Polish various contact points (aka 25 cent trig job)

-Lone wolf Ultimate trigger stop

-Night sights

tossing around extended slide release and 6lb trigger spring idea but i dont want the trigger to be so light its sketchy.

I hope you get some awesome and constructive answers!!

Well NYMetsFan86 I was about to say just add ammo, but now I won't.  Actually I have not even done that on the new G34 I just picked up today.  I have a G35 with Trijicon HD Night sights, and I have HiViz fiber optics on my G22.  I also have a KKM 9mm conversion barrel for my G22.

I have tried just about every combo of springs and connectors available. Polished this and that. In the end after spending all that money and time I found the stock set up/trigger is the best option. I will add that all my Glocks are Gen4's with the "."(dot) connectors. So, yeah, I am squarely in the "just add ammo" camp.

I have done it all to my 34,35 and 17. I have settled with Zev comp spring kit Zev V4 connector and a Glock Custom trigger bar that has two set screws in it, one for take up and the other for reset. I have all my Glock triggers down to 3.5lbs with very little take up and a nice crisp reset.

I recently put this trigger bar in and it's the best production legal trigger system I have used so far. This guy makes great stuff for competition Glocks, if my Glocks were range toys I wouldn't to anything to them.

I also have Dawson sights on all my Glocks except for one that still has Warren/Sevigny comp sights. I like the Dawsons a lot more.

I posted this in another thread -

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/57841-glock-triggers-how-they-work-and-how-to-make-them-better/?fromsearch=1

I thought it may be applicable here.

Thought this would interest some of the Glock shooters here. It was written by a pretty experienced dude attached to a "special" unit of the US Army with a lot of time on Glocks and also a lot of time teaching shooters to become Shooters.

The info about trigger upgrades/trigger jobs is pretty cool and all, but what I found more interesting is the in-depth explanation of the trigger as a total system. I am a Glock Armorer and conceptually I know how everything works and what needs to move what and in which order to make it go bang, but this is so much more. I found this to be the most thorough description of the parts and their relationship to each other from the perspective of the trigger and how it feels that I have seen.

That said, I add Ameriglo Spartan Sights, Glock OEM extended controls for my little girl sized fingers, and a Prezine Polymer Magwell for full size duty guns. The same, minus the magwell for compact and subcompact Glocks.

I also have KKM barrels in my 2 Glock 35s.

Similar to NYMetsFan86, I'm also going to follow this thread. 

I love my Glock (G4/19) as she is, but I'm curious about what others are doing that might compel me to possibly alter her.

I have no complaints about the (stock) trigger pull, although I'm somewhat seduced by the idea of taking her all apart to do that trig/polish job. That's a maybe for me.... although I remain hesitant because I haven't been able to do a side-by-side comparison yet. 

I had added the Crimson Trace Laser Grip, but I dislike that there is no on/off switch, so I've removed it (for now, at least). 

I may go for some night sights (possibly http://store.speedsights.com/glock ).

Other than that, I love my Glock. And I also love that haters hate on them so much : )

I posted this in another thread. I thought it may be applicable here.

That said, I add Ameriglo Spartan Sights, Glock OEM extended controls for my little girl sized fingers, and a Prezine Polymer Magwell for full

Size duty guns. The same, minus the magwell for compact and subcompact Glocks.

which make of extended items do you like? any issues with certain holsters that you know of using xteded mag release? Ive heard one negative story about extended mag release, something about drawing, firing, and mag falling out. I wouldn't assume that's a common occurrence though

Case in point re haters.

There is no one gun for everyone, so enjoy your S&W M&P.

knew somone was throwin that in lol

And went with a Glock knockoff, of course : )

Only did it to be "that guy"  :D My favorite gun I own are all of them. They all go boom when I want them to. Anything beyond "what works for you" is semantics.

As for my G17, just a pacmayr grip and extended mag release button (recommended)

which make of extended items do you like? any issues with certain holsters that you know of using xteded mag release? Ive heard one negative story about extended mag release, something about drawing, firing, and mag falling out. I wouldn't assume that's a common occurrence though

I use the Zev extended mag release on G3 guns. The reason that the mag falls out is the person hits when they are gripping the gun.  I also like the Ghost bullet slide stop, but I have only used it on the 35. I keep the Glock extended parts on the 34 and 17. 

Only did it to be "that guy"  :D My favorite gun I own are all of them. They all go boom when I want them to. Anything beyond "what works for you" is semantics.

As for my G17, just a pacmayr grip and extended mag release button (recommended)

Oh.... so you're also that guy who shows up at every summer party with your wet dog ; )

I've used the ghost 3.5 connector, ext slide release, and bid dot sights on my Gen 4 G19.

I like the connector.

I no longer use the ext slide rel as I now try to always rack the slide.

I'm still not sure about the big dot sight. I think next time I'll go with the HD night sites.

I'm also interested in anyone's take on grip mods you have tried. I'm looking at the 360 texture with a reduced grip minus finger groves and with an undercut trigger guard. Cost around $200 and not having the chance to try it first makes that a hard pill to swallow without some helpful recommendations.

My G17 has the following;

KKM barrel

Dawson adjustable rear/fiber front sites

Glockworx Striker

Lightning Strike Ti plunger

Ghost 3.5lb connector

Trigger worked by W.C. aka voodoodaddy

Skateboard tape applied by me

Dawson magwell

Getting grip stippled sometime soon.

I've used the ghost 3.5 connector, ext slide release, and bid dot sights on my Gen 4 G19.

I like the connector.

I no longer use the ext slide rel as I now try to always rack the slide.

I'm still not sure about the big dot sight. I think next time I'll go with the HD night sites.

I'm also interested in anyone's take on grip mods you have tried. I'm looking at the 360 texture with a reduced grip minus finger groves and with an undercut trigger guard. Cost around $200 and not having the chance to try it first makes that a hard pill to swallow without some helpful recommendations.

at least its only $100 for a new frame if you hate it.  

All Gen 3

G26 w/ factory night sights

2 x G19

G34

26 and 19's box stock used as defense guns

G34 change sights back and forth still don't know what I like best

KKM barrel used where competition legal shoots much tighter than stock

Polished internals GLOCK "3.5 lb" whatever it really is connector

NY1 trigger spring no mushy trigger with crisp reset.

And my tiniest pocket GLOCK is a Kahr :onthequiet:

The only thing I would upgrade is the cheap, plastic sights.  In particular, I like the TruGlo TFO sights.   

If I considered doing any other upgrades, I would consider an extended magazine release, and in modifying the bottom of the  trigger guard.

I've made no mods. The 26 I carry still has the NY1 8 lb trigger in it I was required to have when I was still on the job. If you're a good shooter I don't find it much of a handicap. The factory installed night sights are getting dimmer and will be replaced soon.