Golf battery

3 gun at sjsc saturday

There was i think 17 of us today. It was fun. Its not as well structured as it is at old bridge or other older matches. Getting there little by little. But it was something to do today with guns other than just shooting at paper.

This is an old thread, but asking how are the 3 gun matches going at SJSC?

I'm looking to give it a shot, got a few questions....

Is SJSC still running 3 gun? What day ?

How about round counts?

Shotgun - bird shot? Buckshot? Slugs?

For starters I have shooting vest pockets for shotgun shells, mag pouches for pistol mags,

and cargo pockets for rifle mags - is that going to work?

I shoot IDPA and CMP, but new to 3 gun, anything else I should know?

Don't bother Jim they are the worst matches you could imagine.

You must have never shot one of the 3gun matches to make such a comment, and if you did you would know that they are challenging & fun shoots with a great group of non judgmental people.

You must have never shot one of the 3gun matches to make such a comment, and if you did you would know that they are challenging & fun shoots with a great group of non judgmental people.

Hey brother, 

I actually have shot two of their matches. I have also shot many matches with my good buddy Jim all over the east coast. I know what Jim expects from a match and this is not it and I definitely didn't want to see him drive two hours for it. 

Yes I agree with you that everyone there is fun to hang out with but the stage, meh... 

I also only like to shoot on cold ranges. 

I will give them credit for trying and using what they have. I'm also happy that they are putting matches on, the more the merrier. 

We are in the process of starting 3 gun at Quinton and its a LOT of work to put on BIG matches so I know what it takes. 

I couldnt agree more. SJSC is a great place to get into the sport of 3-gun or Steel. I have never tried the IDPA shoots but I would assume similar vibe. The guys are easy going and safe. If you are very competitive and need more of a challenge then there are probably better choices. 

I'd love to get into some more challenging stuff like this than just shooting from a bench, but i have a lot of practice and training to go before i could really hit somethin haha.
And need a new set of sights on my G19.. the xd big dots i have on right now aren't the greatest.

hi, im really interested in getting into competitive shooting and 3 gun seems like it would be a lot of fun. i was just wondering if its ok to come to sjsc and watch a match without a membership. id really like to see what kind of gear i would need and how the stages are set up and what its all about 

Yo. Come on by. Let me or tattoo know so you can introduce yourself to us. Well give you the low down. Also. 3 gun at old bridge this sat if its not cancelled due to rain. But looks like it will be. Sunday best match around is lower providence PA.

Yo. Come on by. Let me or tattoo know so you can introduce yourself to us. Well give you the low down. Also. 3 gun at old bridge this sat if its not cancelled due to rain. But looks like it will be. Sunday best match around is lower providence PA.

Old Bridge is a 2gun match on SUNDAY