Sign in to follow this  
maintenanceguy

Question on NICS holidays in DE, PA, and NY

In NJ, NICS is closed on holidays.   I've been looking online for a NICS holiday calendar for DE, PA, and NY and my google-fu is failing me.

Does anybody know where I can find this information?   Google turned up nothing for me and the state police sites don't seem to have the information posted.

by the way, PA NICS spells "panics" which made google just sbout useless searching for that term.

Thanks.

Pennsylvania Firearm Dealers and County Sheriffs access the PICS program through a toll free telephone number, which is available for service from 8:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. seven days a week, including holidays.

http://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-information/Pages/Pennsylvania-Instant-Checks-System---PICS.aspx

NICS is open 7 days a week including holidays (except Christmas). Most states utilize the Federal NICS directly, but some states are what are called "Point of Contact" states (POC) meaning that the state has taken on the burden of administering the NICS system. The same system is used whether accessed directly or through a POC - however, states that act as a POC may include other checks not available from the FBI NICS database. Both NJ and PA are POC states and as such can set their own hours of operation. Both NJ and PA use their respective State Police departments to administer NICS.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Both NJ and PA are POC states and as such can set their own hours of operation. Both NJ and PA use their respective State Police departments to administer NICS.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

One state does it well, one state sucks at it.  You figure out which is which.