kwadz

Advice needed for new, secure front entry door

Just for what it's worth, my Sister's Jewelry store had every bit of their steel doors re-inforced.  The hinges, the locks the plates, all of it.    The burglars got the door completely off except for the magnetic lock across the top and they could not squeeze past.  The lock held.   When they turned the lock off, the door literally fell to the floor.

I used to install quite a few of the Guardian Security  Doors on top of your main door.  Installed correctly they will keep out anyone you want.  Well worth the money if you ask me.

What do you mean "on top of your main door"?  Is it a replacement of hardware or something?  Their website isn't clear on what you're referring to.  Do you have a rough idea for how much it costs to do that?  Can it be a DIY project or do you need to hire a pro?  I'm not super duper handy, but I'm about average to slightly above average skill/experience for a layman.

Its a security storm door.  It goes in front of your main door allowing you to have your main door open and the guardian door locked.  Even with the screen on you cant get in.  They cost around 500+ and you can do it yourself.

Its a security storm door.  It goes in front of your main door allowing you to have your main door open and the guardian door locked.  Even with the screen on you cant get in.  They cost around 500+ and you can do it yourself.

Get out...that is awesome!  My wife's biggest complaint about newer entry doors is that no one does storm doors anymore and she loves the ability to do just what you suggested.  Wow...this is a definite for us.  Thanks for the tip!!

I have heard a lot of good things about this:

http://armorconcepts.com/EZ-Armor/

But have no first hand experience.

There were some recent break-ins in my neighborhood and I had remembered this thread. Based on this recommendation and the videos I watched of this in action on YouTube, I went ahead and purchased three. Two of the regular and one of the "double side light".

If anyone is interested in how the install went, or wants pictures or anything. Let me know.

Thanks HE for the recommendation.

Just installed two entry doors on my house. Both are therma tru steel doors. All the hardware is installed with extra long screws. The big thing I did was have them install their triple locking system. When you pull the lever up it engages catches at the top middle and bottom. All latches engage into a one piece steel plate the runs the entire length of the jamb. You are not kicking this open.

DDT1345, I recently moved and was looking at these. I'd love to hear about your experience with the installation and if you have a photo or 2 that would be great.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

Hey Jeff,

I'm not ignoring you. Been very busy getting ready for vacation. I'll get you pics in the next day or two.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how I would go about getting a gibralt door installed? I'm not aware of any dealers in the area and I don't think I can install it myself. Was wondering if I ordered I direct who I'd contact to install such a thing. Locksmith? General contractor? Security company?

Does anyone know how I would go about getting a gibralt door installed? I'm not aware of any dealers in the area and I don't think I can install it myself. Was wondering if I ordered I direct who I'd contact to install such a thing. Locksmith? General contractor? Security company?

If I can see the manufacturers installation manual I am sure I can help you out installing it.  I worked in the door installation and fabrication field for 30 yrs...do you have a website for the manufacturer?

EDIT...I have inquired to the Manufacturer of Gibralt doors about the manual.  Lets see what they say...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.