intercooler

ok, Alexander is not Frank..so lets join again

That is a matter of opinion. I do not like the way things are being handled. I made a substantial donation in the past when Frank was leading. I will not anymore. Sorry. That is my opinion. Good luck. I hope you find success in your ways. Please delete my banner from the NJ2AS website.

Just so that there is no confusion - I haven't been on NJGF in quite a while which is why my profile and signature were outdated. I have since changed my profile to reflect my current situation. I have not been President of the NJ2AS since the beginning of 2015. Alexander Roubian is the current President and I have nothing but good wishes for the success of the NJ2AS.

I have no vested interest in whether or not people join, rejoin or stand on the sidelines. If you are looking to work with an organization that has the potential to make a difference in NJ (if enough people get involved), the NJ2AS is a great choice. This is not because I said so, it is because *IF* you want it to be successful and are willing to put in the effort, you can *MAKE* it a great choice. Nothing happens by accident. It takes a great deal of work and commitment to effect change. However, it is possible. It has happened over and over again in states where human rights oriented individuals have gotten involved.

Those people who didn't like the way I ran things are entitled to their opinion. I wasn't all that thrilled myself. However, very few people actually had any real knowledge of what the work entailed. Be that as it may, someone else is running the organization now, and I am sure that if you want the NJ2AS to be successful in restoring the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms in NJ, Alexander would appreciate your help.

I remain active to the extent I am able. 

Frank

WTF IS GOING ON HERE????

Frank, I see you are still President of NJ2AS based on your profile here!  I supported NJ2AS under your lead and now under Alexander's lead.

Whatever disagreements you may or may not have with Alex are not important right now! We really need to work WITH and NOT against each other to support the common cause!

If you disagree with the direction Alex is taking with NJ2AS please feel free to state your objections here! If not, feel free to stand with NJ2AS and continue to support its goals as its founding President!

That is a matter of opinion. I do not like the way things are being handled. I made a substantial donation in the past when Frank was leading. I will not anymore. Sorry. That is my opinion. Good luck. I hope you find success in your ways. Please delete my banner from the NJ2AS website.

Paul,

Do you mean the way things were handled under Frank or now under Alex??  Your opinion is highly respected here and you should feel free to express your opinions!

To tell you the truth, I have no idea now who is in charge of the NJ2AS. I thought Frank was out.

I have an issue with the group confronting someone at their home. That should be off limits no matter who you are.

Regardless if it’s Mr. Fiamingo or Mr. Roubian it has to be a thankless, daunting job and we are just lucky someone wants to do it. I’m certainly glad NJ2AS is here.  The NRA has been non-existent since the AWB and attempted override vote. Having a grassroots organization gives the cause even more credibility in my view. Normally I would agree with the post above about someone’s home being off limits but when you have elected public officials stacking the deck legislatively and restricting what are clearly rights I then have no problem seeing NJ2AS or anyone else for that matter visiting elected public officials like Sweeney at their residence.

To tell you the truth, I have no idea now who is in charge of the NJ2AS. I thought Frank was out.

I have an issue with the group confronting someone at their home. That should be off limits no matter who you are.

Ask Sweeney what he does when his unions mob the homes of PRIVATE citizens not in the public eye. And don't stand around peacefully with signs for one day, but stay for weeks. And bang on the windows in the middle of the night, throw garbage on the lawn, and shit in the bushes.

Sweeney is not "someone at their home," he's worse than Osama Bin Laden. This is a guy that works to deny us our rights, laughs at us while doing it, and as previously mentioned, taunts us into doing something about it and dares us to confront him. It's a real slimey SOB and a few quiet hours on his sidewalk is a far more modest humiliation than he deserves and not even the slightest inconvenience to him.

He can step down from the Senate any time he wants and go back to a private life. He wasn't drafted. He volunteers to screw us, our country, and our way of life, and he begs for publicity over it. He got some extra at no charge.

You "Should be able " to Opra the forms that Sweeney filled out for his carry permit of at least get the court docs granting it.

Not a public record...

NJAC 13:54-1.15: Any background investigation conducted by the chief of police, the Superintendent or the county prosecutor, of any applicant for a permit, firearms identification card license, or registration, in accordance with the requirements of this chapter, is not a public record and shall not be disclosed to any person not authorized by law or this chapter to have access to such investigation, including the applicant. Any application for a permit, firearms identification card, or license, and any document reflecting the issuance or denial of such permit, firearms identification card, or license, and any permit, firearms identification card, license, certification, certificate, form of register, or registration statement, maintained by any State or municipal governmental agency, is not a public record and shall not be disclosed to any person not authorized by law or this chapter to have access to such documentation, including the applicant, except on the request of persons acting in their governmental capacities for purposes of the administration of justice.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

IF it was almost anyone else I'd agree with you. However sweeney, as others have said, brought this on himself. This is NJ... the rules of the game are different. We've tried to fight the fight on the high road, and it's gotten us no where. As in Vietnam, you can't fight a guerilla war on your terms; you have to fight the fight that's brought to you. Our opponents are the worst of the worst and deserve no more quarter than they would give us. Since we know the latter is zero, then so be it. A few people standing on the sidewalk holding signs is NOTHING compared to what sweeney, feinberg, weinstein, and the rest would bring down upon us.

I have an idea. I think we need to hijack this 'put pistol purchase apps at the top of the pile for people with restraining orders" proposed legislation (which is probably going nowhere.)

We all know that a handgun would not have saved this woman, right? She was in her driveway coming home when attacked.

If you asked Sweeney, "Should a woman who is going to be killed by her ex boyfriend be allowed to carry a gun like you carry a gun?" Or if you asked him a similar question, he would say, "That is in the law. Anybody with a real and specific threat would qualify. This is New Jersey, not North Korea!"

Well, he might not say exactly that, but he wouldn't say, "No!" He knows the political danger of that comment. Jersey pretends it gives people carry licenses every time it comes up and every time they are taken to court. It's their mantra.

If you asked Christie you would get a similar response.

OK, how about this. People with restraining orders get emergency CARRY licenses within 24 hours, including a brief review by a Superior Court Judge. If there is ANY truth to the idea that Jersey will issue to people under a specific threat, then it would do no good to take 45 days to review the application and require the person to get training and have an evaluation at a police qualification course. They would be dead by then. There therefore must be a procedure to issue nearly immediately and then allow a followup decision 45 days later after time has passed for review, training, and qualification.

Now, many of you are probably thinking that this is silly. We won't get that law passed. Maybe, maybe not. If they pass it, it might provide them some cover from opening up Justifiable Need from their perspective. But it will create a monster that will destroy the entire scheme and put an end to Justifiable Need in reality.

More likely, it doesn't pass. I think that makes New Jersey's position far more clear with respect to justifiable need and they will never again be able to argue there is an avenue for people who need it. The process alone could generate a lot of press if we support it and get the media to stay on it.

I think Mipa may be on to something here. If there exists a clear and present danger, waiting 45 days is pointless...emergency carry permit, issued within 24 hours of application and valid for 45 days. That would fill the immediate need for most victims and prove that everyone with a carry permit isn't going to turn the People's Republic into the Wild West.

This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

The law would have to be named after a dead woman to pass in Jersey. It sounds like her family might be on board?

And I would think we could get one of the pro-2A legislators to sponsor it.

It's gotta be quick. Can't let this poor woman's story fade away and bring it up later. Your legislator should contact the people with the "top of the pile" for pistol purchase permits. That already has media attention, if only fleeting.

What is untrue? substantial? It was at the time when the NJ2AS was just starting.

Sorry PK90, that was a complete misread on my part. I have deleted my previous comment. Part of the problem is that I don't know the ID's of all the people on NJGF and it has been a while since I was on. I do apologize for my previous comment and I hope you will accept my apology.

Frank

No apology needed. Inquiring minds want to know, do you still hold an office with NJ2AS?

No, I am no longer associated with the NJ2AS other than as a member. Health and family had to take precedence, unfortunately.

And thank you for understanding. I appreciate that.

Frank 

We are also going to have to start a Body Count Clock for Sweeney. For women murdered because they couldn't defend themselves on his watch. Should we start the count when he became Senator, when he tweeted there will never be CC in Jersey, or when he tweeted he has a license to carry a handgun? He's got a lot of women's blood on his hands and he needs to be held to account for every single one.

Talk about a war on women. Sweeney is actually watching them die for real and making sure nobody can do anything about it.

Is NJ2AS still holding meetings throughout the state? Any plans for a meeting somewhere in Somerset County?

There are still occasional meetings - not as many as before.  Their efforts are caught up in Recall Sweeney and others right now...