Sign in to follow this  
gleninjersey

BRAINSTORMING FOR IDEAS TO SUPPORT RECALL SWEENEY

If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about just google "recall sweeney".

For those that do know, what ideas do you have that could help make the effort MORE successful? My brain is been buzzing everyday with ideas and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Please share ideas that you have. No negativity. Maybe one of your ideas will inspire someone else or maybe you'll see an idea and think, "Yeah, I can do that!"

Here's one I just had. This Saturday hundreds of thousands of people will be going to see their local 4th of July fireworks display. Do you live along a route that thousands of people will be walking along? Can you posts yard signs, have a free lemonade stand and hand out flyers? If you're in distric 3 can you collect signatures from people as they walk to firworks display?

After the 4th has come and gone, is there somewhere in your town that ALWAYS has a line of people? For me it's the local bagel store. I know the owner and am going to ask them if I can put up a flyer or stand outside and talk to people and hand out flyers. Is there some where you can do the same?

I think the bagel store is a great idea for the larger group to target in Distric 3. We should talk to local (not chain stores) bagel store owners and get their permission to stand outside and collect signatures. During the peak bagel buying time on the weekends we would be able to reach thousands of people at once!

So, what'cha got? Let's hear it!

What he said... plus shirts that don't say "crazy" between the lines....  Those shirts were odd.

They may say no, but you can try setting up shop at a Wawa or Quick Check.  Lot of traffic.

A busy intersection as football teams, cheerleaders often do.  Could walk the line of traffic at red lights.

Could also just raise awareness with signs at intersections.

What he said... plus shirts that don't say "crazy" between the lines....  Those shirts were odd.

They may say no, but you can try setting up shop at a Wawa or Quick Check.  Lot of traffic.

A busy intersection as football teams, cheerleaders often do.  Could walk the line of traffic at red lights.

Could also just raise awareness with signs at intersections.

those shirts were batshit crazy. the least of the problem with them is that they were prison orange. if i'd been able to be out there helping, i sure as hell wouldn't have worn one of them.

those shirts were batshit crazy. the least of the problem with them is that they were prison orange. if i'd been able to be out there helping, i sure as hell wouldn't have worn one of them.

Perhaps, a more "subdued" shirt.  There has to be some form of "brand advertisement" for what the cause is... 

But I agree with finding the different venues to canvas people who are eligible to sign and vote.  If one finds the different venues and just shows up, it might make it difficult for the opposition to be able to shut us down.  But, conversely, we also need to ensure that people don't "sign twice" and invalidate the original signature.

Perhaps, a more "subdued" shirt.  There has to be some form of "brand advertisement" for what the cause is... 

But I agree with finding the different venues to canvas people who are eligible to sign and vote.  If one finds the different venues and just shows up, it might make it difficult for the opposition to be able to shut us down.  But, conversely, we also need to ensure that people don't "sign twice" and invalidate the original signature.

malls. shopping plazas. talk to local boyscout packs. talk to the union workers(not the higher ups)

Focus on Sweeney himself, too. Every time he leaves his house he needs to hear from someone that his time in office is up. He should never have a moments peace at the grocery store, the restaurant or the mall. All the better if his family is with him.

Protesting at his house is one thing, harassment of him and his family is pushing it.

If you want to be that much of a PITA to him, why wait outside his house or his grocery store? Go to Trenton and bang on his door and every other door. That'll piss him off plenty and possibly be productive.

I have no doubt he has numerous offices around South Jersey. Anybody ever drop by one?

No need to wear shirts for this.. Dress business casual. I'll wear mine at the range.

I'll go back out till it's over. I'll meet someone in the parking lot of a shopping plaza. Hand the packet back in to a notary at ( his/her convince)

((Actually, don't all banks have notaries))?

Let's jus keep the momentum going. I do not, and will not do facebook

Wait, there is a recall effort and there are still let's ...."talk about ideas about what we should do" talks and planning ???? Good grief did folks go into this half assed?

Granted a applaud the effort, but holy hell it's a little late for 'planning'.

Yeah orange....not the best color.......

I have found that constructive criticism is best served whilst working hand in hand to fix the problem......

Lemmme guess, you had a BBQ or hair appointment or waxing or sumtim?

I have found that constructive criticism is best served whilst working hand in hand to fix the problem......

Lemmme guess, you had a BBQ or hair appointment or waxing or sumtim?

No he just likes to troll here and tell people how stupid they are.. I bet him and Newtonian are BFF's.

Wait, there is a recall effort and there are still let's ...."talk about ideas about what we should do" talks and planning ???? Good grief did folks go into this half assed?

Granted a applaud the effort, but holy hell it's a little late for 'planning'.

Yeah orange....not the best color.......

This is volunteers brainstorming. I'm sure the leaders of NJ2SA have a plan. Maybe someone here comes up with an idea and it's one of those "why didn't I think of that!!" moments. Maybe it inspires others to get out and do something, to be proactive.

It's called thinking outside the box.

.....the only fix for nj is to leave ......

But yes I was busy.....

"just move" ? NC goes even more Left. MDA has got their claws in them too.

http://concealednation.org/2015/06/north-carolina-gun-rights-take-a-big-step-back/

Protesting at his house is one thing, harassment of him and his family is pushing it....

I'm not sure it rises to the level of harassment. But we need to find a way to make his personal life miserable.

Like all legislators, he faces no personal consequences for his actions. He stonewalls anything he doesn't like, mocks us, and then goes to his comfortable home and sits his fat butt down to guzzle beer and watch TV. The pickets clearly disturbed him and his wife. Keep the pressure up everywhere they go.

And do not feel sorry for the family. This goes along with life in public office. I am sure they have enjoyed many benefits due to Swiney's position. Let them see the downside of life in a public family.

I'm not sure it rises to the level of harassment. But we need to find a way to make his personal life miserable.

Like all legislators, he faces no personal consequences for his actions. He stonewalls anything he doesn't like, mocks us, and then goes to his comfortable home and sits his fat butt down to guzzle beer and watch TV. The pickets clearly disturbed him and his wife. Keep the pressure up everywhere they go.

And do not feel sorry for the family. This goes along with life in public office. I am sure they have enjoyed many benefits due to Swiney's position. Let them see the downside of life in a public family.

In my opinion this is a waste of time, energy and resources. Really want to make his life miserable? Collect signatures and.then write him a letter letting him know you helped and so did hundreds of others. Let him know we got that much closer to our goal.

Following him around and bothering him doesn't help us reach our goal. In fact he would probably relax a little knowing there is one less person out there collecting signatures.

Stay focused on the goal of collecting enough signatures to activate the recall! That's what will worry him and make him uncomfortable!

Another idea came to me on my way to work. I take a train into the city. There were people at the train station with a plastic literature display (about 4 feet tall) from a religous group. I remember seeing politicians canvassing the station once or twice as well.

How many train stations are in Distric 3? Could we get some volunteers to hand out literature during peak rush hour commute times. It's about an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. Are their any stay at home parents how could do this?

We could make hundreds aware of what's going on and perhaps collect signatures at same time.

"just move" ? NC goes even more Left. MDA has got their claws in them too.

http://concealednation.org/2015/06/north-carolina-gun-rights-take-a-big-step-back/

Precisely.... We are constantly vigilant about that in Florida, as there is always a threat from the southern part of the state (i.e. all the Northeast "antis" that move down there)...  As Anthony Collandro always says, "What happens in NJ doesn't stay in NJ..."   

Another idea! Are there any nonchain coffee houses in his disric that are pro 2A? Could we work with them to organize something to drive people to their location? Pay them some money fo offer free or half off coffee and let us set up in their shop to collect signatures?

Set up on the recall sweeney website "free / half off" at "XYZ" Coffee house. Call it the WAKE UP NJ!! campaign.

This is volunteers brainstorming. I'm sure the leaders of NJ2SA have a plan. Maybe someone here comes up with an idea and it's one of those "why didn't I think of that!!" moments. Maybe it inspires others to get out and do something, to be proactive.

It's called thinking outside the box.

ok, i has a couple questions on their plan.

if this fails, what's their backup plan? if this succeeds, what's their plan? who do they plan to run against him? what are their plans to keep someone worse from taking his seat?

Another idea came to me on my way to work. I take a train into the city. There were people at the train station with a plastic literature display (about 4 feet tall) from a religous group. I remember seeing politicians canvassing the station once or twice as well.

How many train stations are in Distric 3? Could we get some volunteers to hand out literature during peak rush hour commute times. It's about an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. Are their any stay at home parents how could do this?

We could make hundreds aware of what's going on and perhaps collect signatures at same time.

that'd be a great idea. BUT....as someone up thread mentioned.....it can't just be about guns. that literature would need to highlight ALL or most of the crazy shit he's done.

ok, i has a couple questions on their plan.

if this fails, what's their backup plan? if this succeeds, what's their plan? who do they plan to run against him? what are their plans to keep someone worse from taking his seat?

I'm just a volunteer trying to help us reach our goal of recalling Sweeney.

Have any suggestions how we can do that? IF so please feel free to share.and then participate.

Your questions should.be sent to NJ2AS.

I would not like to go to NC, too many jersey liberals and ny liberals moving there...I am going to SC

IF I WERE to egress this state, south carolina or northeast texas would be my picks......or i'd move into an acquaintances neighborhood in the florida panhandle. he's a cuban, and is one of "us".

I'm just a volunteer trying to help us reach our goal of recalling Sweeney.

Have any suggestions how we can do that? IF so please feel free to share.and then participate.

Your questions should.be sent to NJ2AS.

the only suggestions i can come up with were mentioned above i think.

I like this idea. What I see  in other stations, you'd have to have a two-man team: one wearing an A-sign and the other with the clipboard.

IF I WERE to egress this state, south carolina or northeast texas would be my picks......or i'd move into an acquaintances neighborhood in the florida panhandle. he's a cuban, and is one of "us".

You're probably safe in FL anywhere above I-4.   Perhaps even central FL. It's "Southern" FL you have to worry about (Dade County. Broward County, etc.)...

You're probably safe in FL anywhere above I-4.   Perhaps even central FL. It's "Southern" FL you have to worry about (Dade County. Broward County, etc.)...

no way for central florida. i visit my brother there in minnieola....well used to till i wasn't welcome there anymore, but that's a different story.......but it's over crowed, and growing fast. the only possible positive i can come up with for central florida is fantasy of flight, and kissimmee/gateway airport(home to stallion51), and those aren't enough.

no way for central florida. i visit my brother there in minnieola....well used to till i wasn't welcome there anymore, but that's a different story.......but it's over crowed, and growing fast. the only possible positive i can come up with for central florida is fantasy of flight, and kissimmee/gateway airport(home to stallion51), and those aren't enough.

Oh, OK. I thought you meant strictly from a 2A context... :)