RealFreakinNato

Hex Mags = Wont Chamber

Hey, I ordered the 5 mags from Wise tactical when they where on sale... I tried them out today and 1 out of the 4 would chamber a round, When i switched the ammo to a pmag it would chamber..... Any one else have this issue?  Life time warranty so im going to email them and see what they say, i was smacking it in there too .. wasnt babying it thats for sure lol  :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

I have the same problem with all 5 of my hexmags. I was thinking about filing down the tops of the mags,in comparison to pmags the plastic is much thicker and seems to  hold  the rounds further away so the bolt does not catch them right to chamber the round. These mags don't work  with the Mossberg bolt action rifles either.

will it chamber a round if you load 14 instead of 15 rounds in the mag?

after some testing in my lab it seems like i have to load the mag in ... tap the bottom of it and chamber a round, I cant go slow with the charging handle either i got to do it fast, maybe my mag well is tight (spikes tactical) 

I have the same problem with all 5 of my hexmags. I was thinking about filing down the tops of the mags,in comparison to pmags the plastic is much thicker and seems to  hold  the rounds further away so the bolt does not catch them right to chamber the round. These mags don't work  with the Mossberg bolt action rifles either.

try to load the mag in ... Then tap the bottom on the mag like smack it and then run the charging handle FAST not slow or it'll get jammed at least mine did

hmmm what lower are u running? I had to do it for my anderson / aero / spikes so far (only ones i built so far ) lol 

Spikes...  I give it a nice tap, slap, and "this SOB" mumble lol.  Then it chambers.

The back of one of my mags split and I ran into this problem. Feed lips wouldn't hold the rounds in a double stack fashion and had failure to chamber and double feeds.

lifetime warranty shoot them an email if you havent!!! ... I seem to have fixed my issue, i cant run the bolt slow tho or it'll jam very weird maybe i have to break the mags in (if thats a thing)

I got 5 to test but haven't had the chance yet.

Why are you running the bolt slow? You are riding the changing handle forward? That seems to go against everything every instructor has ever taught me. I'm pretty sure you are supposed to let the CH fly forward on its own. If the mag works with the CH going forward without resistance from you, then the mag works as it's designed to.

I got 5 to test but haven't had the chance yet.

Why are you running the bolt slow? You are riding the changing handle forward? That seems to go against everything every instructor has ever taught me. I'm pretty sure you are supposed to let the CH fly forward on its own. If the mag works with the CH going forward without resistance from you, then the mag works as it's designed to.

running it slow backwards and letting it fly forward ... seemed to work after i taped the bottom of them ... guessing my magwell is tight

running it slow backwards and letting it fly forward ... seemed to work after i taped the bottom of them ... guessing my magwell is tight

Oh. Gotcha. I got confused.

Like I said, haven't tried the ones I got yet in live fire. But they seem to feed just fine cycling the bolt manually. Looks like I need give em a good work out before putting them into the rotation.

At $12 a pop, it's hard to argue against the HexMag tho... if they work that is.

Oh. Gotcha. I got confused.

Like I said, haven't tried the ones I got yet in live fire. But they seem to feed just fine cycling the bolt manually. Looks like I need give em a good work out before putting them into the rotation.

At $12 a pop, it's hard to argue against the HexMag tho... if they work that is.

yeah after i was using them for some time it seemed like it was fine, maybe i have to break them in (if thats a thing) 

Hey, I ordered the 5 mags from Wise tactical when they where on sale... I tried them out today and 1 out of the 4 would chamber a round, When i switched the ammo to a pmag it would chamber..... Any one else have this issue?  Life time warranty so im going to email them and see what they say, i was smacking it in there too .. wasnt babying it thats for sure lol  :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

I actually had a similar issue the first time out with my hexmags.  Happened twice, but each time I realized I just hadn't had the mag fully in the well.  Both times I opened the action, dropped the mag and stuck it back in a little firmer, worked fine.  

I also did notice these 15/30 mags *can* actually hold 16 rounds.  That 16th bugger will fit in there, but every time I did cram the 16th in there it wouldn't chamber the first round properly.